PDA

View Full Version : I gotta brag...sorry...but I just have to!

WendyI
April 12th, 2017, 11:05 AM
I lost 50 lbs!! WOOOT!!!

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

The only down side is I have lost it since January 30th....so gonna go to the doc on Monday.

Now I am gonna need help from you ladies to teach me how to alter my clothes! They're all falling off!

Jean Sewing Machine
April 12th, 2017, 11:08 AM
Wow, love your picture! Looking good! Hope everything is OK by the doctor!

mischiefkat
April 12th, 2017, 11:14 AM
Wendy , hope everything is ok at the doc's. If there are no medical problems. maybe some new clothes are in order. Just a few things until you get to your desired weight loss. Alterations, can be a hassel sometimes. Good luck with the doc. Kathy

jjkaiser
April 12th, 2017, 12:12 PM
Congratulations! Losing weight is not essy. I should know, I have done it many times lol!!

Monique
April 12th, 2017, 12:15 PM
WOOHOO good for you. I LOVE your new picture. I hope all goes well at the dr's.

Iris Girl
April 12th, 2017, 12:34 PM
WOOT!!! awesome job!! Hope all goes well at the Drs. Love your new pic!

Kgrammiecaz
April 12th, 2017, 12:38 PM
Brag away, you deserve it. Losing weight makes us feel better for the most part, so hoping you get a healthy review from the doctor. Good to hear your upbeat voice.

Star lover
April 12th, 2017, 12:49 PM
Congratulations! That's a lot. Hoping alls well at the docs. I lost 60 pounds, but did it slowly and have been able to keep it off for 5 years now. So I know the hard work involved. So happy for you! Ya must feel faaaabulous!

Bubby
April 12th, 2017, 01:21 PM
Congratulations, Wendy!!! I love your new picture AND your new haircut!!

Hulamoon
April 12th, 2017, 01:47 PM
You look wonderful! But you always did :) Congratulations!!

kaydee
April 12th, 2017, 02:09 PM
That's not bragging, that's celebrating! Congratulations! You look great!

50 pounds since the end of January? Wow. Care to share how you did it?

I think new clothes are in order!

CraftyJnet
April 12th, 2017, 03:14 PM
That is wonderful! Congratulations!!

Learner quilter
April 12th, 2017, 06:06 PM
Well done. Love your new pic.

Grandma G
April 12th, 2017, 06:34 PM
You look fantastic, Wendy!! Congratulations on your weight loss. And love your new pic, too.

JCY
April 12th, 2017, 06:54 PM
Wendy! How exciting! Wonderful news. It's okay to brag on that accomplishment. I bet you're feeling so much better. Best wishes on reaching your goal weight.

grammaterry
April 12th, 2017, 10:18 PM
Stunning photo! Hope health report is even better

tamsterg7
April 13th, 2017, 12:23 AM
Congratulations - and you look mahvalous!

ilive2craft2
April 13th, 2017, 12:32 AM
Great job on the weight loss - you may just need an adjustment on your diabetic medicine now that you have lost weight. It really changes the way our bodies work. They upped my metformin in January and I have lost over 20 lbs since then, so they will be doing another a1c in a couple months to make sure I don't need to adjust back to the lower dose again.

Glad to hear you so upbeat! Loving the new pic - I think you deserve a new outfit (or two or three)! I finally broke down and got some that fit and it feels fabulous!

stationarymom
April 13th, 2017, 01:44 AM
Congrats on the weight loss! I hope all is well ,make sure to let us know after you see the Dr.

redcaboose1717
April 13th, 2017, 01:48 AM
Wendy, Congratulations !!!
I lost weight years ago, and had to alter all my clothing as well.....but the best part was being able to buy something "new". When I started losing weight ( actually I lost weight due to a medication I was taking ) I saved all the dollar bills I had if I was given change at a store. Within a few months I had enough to buy a nice pair of blue jeans ( brand-new ) and some great garage sale / yard sale /tag sale finds.....

Have fun showing off your new "Self" .......You have earned it girl !

Simply Quilting
April 13th, 2017, 02:23 AM
Congratulations on your weight loss :) :)

pjyoder414@yahoo.com
April 13th, 2017, 06:41 AM
congratulations to you Wendy.

Hope all goes well at the doctors.

I'm not every good at altering so I'm afraid I wouldn't be much help to you.

Patsquilting
April 13th, 2017, 08:12 AM
WOW - great job! Hope all is well

amartin24
April 13th, 2017, 08:52 AM
You look great! That is a Lot of weight to lose though in a short amount of time. Hope all is well at doctor. Let us know how you make out.

WendyI
April 13th, 2017, 12:11 PM
THANK YOU SO MUCH everyone!!! I sure miss that LIKE button!

As for what I have done....?? Not sure much. I am thinking that the diabetic medication that I am on is decreasing my appetite, which is weird because it's supposed to increase it. Whatever, I don't care! LOL! I am also sick to death of food! I dislike everything I make and I also have a fussy kid so cooking is incredibly frustrating. I cut out almost all dairy from my diet as well as a lot of carbohydrates. I also make sure I eat breakfast every day, even if it's just a muffin. I also started drinking matcha tea in January and it is supposed to boost your metabolism so maybe it kick started it? Anyway, hoping it's both those things because the alternative is kinda scary. Losing that much in a few months can be a sign of a lot of bad things....fingers crossed it's not though!!

Thanks for all the good wishes, compliments and encouragement!! Love you all!! xoxoxox

GuitarGramma
April 13th, 2017, 06:46 PM
Wendy, you look amazing. Well done!

Midge
April 13th, 2017, 11:35 PM
How wonderful, Wendy! I hope your follow up at the doctor will just be more good news. The transition clothes are difficult, since you may not have reached a more stable lower weight yet - I know it's frustrating. But do try to treat yourself to one new work type outfit and one more casual. Sometimes we just can't make those larger sizes look right by taking in a little here and a little there.

KPH
April 13th, 2017, 11:38 PM
Brag away! That's an impressive victory!

Hulamoon
April 13th, 2017, 11:47 PM
I think of myself as a good seamstress, but alterations are a pain in the behind! Treat yourself to a few nice things! If you do want to alter knit type clothes check out getting a serger. Makes the job so much easier.

auntiemern
April 14th, 2017, 02:04 PM
WoW!!! You look great. Congrats on the weight loss. Hoping all goes well at the docs, and you just need a medication adjustment. Treat yourself to a few new things. I have no idea how to sew clothes, so that is what I would have to do ;)