PDA

View Full Version : It's a soggy and wet Tuesday morning

Monique
April 11th, 2017, 08:16 AM
I could not believe that yesterday we had a summer day. No winter coat that was for sure. I was out at 9 am in just my tee shirt. We did have a small thunderstorm late in the afternoon.

Most of the clean up is done across the street. All the burned remains have been removed and they are just going to level off the property now. Not sure if this will continue today and it looks like more rain is on the way. But what a difference. Still hard to believe that the house is gone after looking at it for the last 36 years.

Quilting went well yesterday. We were 7 in total but by afternoon there really wasn't room for more than 6 as it was basically a lap quilt. If they return today it should be almost done. The soup was a big hit as were the buns. I left after coffee in the afternoon and what a beautiful day it was. I wanted to visit with a friend but she wasn't home so I came ahead home. I had to go back and get hubby after he was done his shift. I didn't feel like cooking so we went out for Chinese. There is a little left over for lunch perhaps.

I would like to get the lap quilt I have made for the Facebook auction sandwiched today at some point. Other than that, maybe some house cleaning, we shall see.

Have a wonderful day everyone.

songbird857
April 11th, 2017, 08:25 AM
Good morning all :)
Monique, that hamburger soup sounds so good!

Yesterday, I waxed my little kitchen cart - love how it came out. Then I got the call from my dad about my mom going to the hospital, so hubby left work early and we headed to Boston. We did stop at Boston Market on the way back at around 9:30pm and had their Apple sweet and spicy chicken with steamed veggies, sweet potato casserole, and a brownie - yummmmmy.

A bit tired today, so no major plans. Probably will be quilting :)
Have a great day all!

Mom23
April 11th, 2017, 08:33 AM
Good morning all,

I'm up early as hubby is having a procedure done at the hospital. Had to run back home and grab the iPad so I wouldn't be bored in the waiting room. I watched the sun come up and it's looking to be a great day. Yesterday I went to a friends and we cleaned up my new featherweight. I had to order some new feet for the bottom but otherwise it's in great shape. I can't wait to take it for a test run. That will wait until next week, I have to get ready for Easter company. We should be home by 10:00 today so my plan is to wash windows and clean out the landscaping. I saw a snake when mowing Sunday so I'm not real excited about digging around in dead leaves. Ick!

Have a great day!

Star lover
April 11th, 2017, 09:04 AM
After a beautiful weekend, yesterday started out sunny and then we had thunderstorms.... followed by more sun, followed by storms. A yo yo day. Today's starting out nice with some sun. Hamburger soup,is sounding really good, but I've got corned beef on the menu. My DH loves it. So much going on in everyone's lives. Hoping y'all have a peaceful day!

Lyndaj
April 11th, 2017, 09:45 AM
Good sunny morning to all. Well, it's been a rough day or so which came to culmination yesterday afternoon when I think my departed MIL gave me a nudge. This all started Sunday night when I had a good look at the quilt I sent to a long armer. I realized that she missed the most important part of the quilting and did some stuff that makes my quilt look bad. I was REALLY upset about this which only got worse when after I messaged the quilter, she was really nonchelant about it all. I was planning on ripping it all out and taking it to someone else. Then, the light went on. I have decided, since I don't want to see the quilt at my house or at my sister-in-law's house, to donate the quilt to the hospice where my MIL died. I will make a few matching pieces that will go in the hospice room. I feel SO much better.

During the turmoil of all of this, I was publicly shamed on a facebook group by a world renown quilter. Now that really shocked me. I decided to message the person with all of the details of the situation, but I'm sure they will never read my message, because they're too important. I really dispise people who hide behind computers.

At any rate, I am about to start planning the table runner that will go in the hospice room.

Have a great day peeps.

Star lover
April 11th, 2017, 10:32 AM
I have decided, since I don't want to see the quilt at my house or at my sister-in-law's house, to donate the quilt to the hospice where my MIL died. I will make a few matching pieces that will go in the hospice room. I feel SO much better.

Wow, what a wonderful attitude and solution! It's a great idea. Solves everything! Happy sewing.

JCY
April 11th, 2017, 11:37 AM
Good Morning! ~ A sunny day here, too. It got down to 33 deg. this a.m. with some light frost. It's supposed to be in the 70's the rest of the week.

I had a productive sewing day yesterday. I'm working on a panel which has scripture sayings on it. I added borders & cut & pressed both it & the backing. It's ready to sandwich & baste. I still need to roll out the batting & cut enough for this one. In the eve. I worked on another panel (baby quilt) & started adding borders to it. I wish they'd make the panels wider than 24". I also watched more of Angela Walters' FMQ tutorials on YT. I've been studying her technique for the swirl with a hook, the feather meander, and the paisley feather. I think I need to practice these on my white board before I venture on to a quilt.

Tonight is our monthly guild mtg. I plan to go early so I can get a seat up front. Our guest speaker is Karen McTavish! She's offering classes, but I chose not to sign up. They were $100. for just a 4 hr. class. I already have her book & DVD & have done practicing with the McTavishing technique. Most of the quilting is too tight (close together) for my purposes. I do hope to make a whole cloth table runner using her technique, but with "looser" quilting.

I hope everyone has a good day. Hugs & Prayers for those who need them.

Monique
April 11th, 2017, 11:49 AM
Good sunny morning to all. Well, it's been a rough day or so which came to culmination yesterday afternoon when I think my departed MIL gave me a nudge. This all started Sunday night when I had a good look at the quilt I sent to a long armer. I realized that she missed the most important part of the quilting and did some stuff that makes my quilt look bad. I was REALLY upset about this which only got worse when after I messaged the quilter, she was really nonchelant about it all. I was planning on ripping it all out and taking it to someone else. Then, the light went on. I have decided, since I don't want to see the quilt at my house or at my sister-in-law's house, to donate the quilt to the hospice where my MIL died. I will make a few matching pieces that will go in the hospice room. I feel SO much better.

During the turmoil of all of this, I was publicly shamed on a facebook group by a world renown quilter. Now that really shocked me. I decided to message the person with all of the details of the situation, but I'm sure they will never read my message, because they're too important. I really dispise people who hide behind computers.

At any rate, I am about to start planning the table runner that will go in the hospice room.

Have a great day peeps.

Do want YOU want and to hang with the rest.

Bubby
April 11th, 2017, 03:22 PM
Good afternoon everyone....I'm lagging a little behind today.

Olive had a decent night and ate some breakfast for the first time in several days. She seems a little more like herself today. Dottie is about the same....confused.

We will be making a flying trip to Rolla after Jeff gets home to buy him some new A/C HVH gauges. Guy stuff just isn't fun to shop for. One of the guys who works at the shop is a Bluegrass musician and he always has a banjo behind the counter so maybe he will play something for me. That would make the trip enjoyable.

Our weather is cold and damp. I went out earlier and needed a warm jacket.

I hope everyone has a good day....

WendyI
April 12th, 2017, 10:15 AM
morning all. Dreary day here today and I am soooo tired. I had a brutal sinus infection that started over a month ago and I just cannot seem to shake it. Now I think my sinuses are just annoyed. I bought a neti pot but can't bring myself to use it just yet. I had to drop the Psych course I was taking. Got way too far behind when I was sick and was unable to catch up....the course had an INSANE amount of reading! That was my second attempt at that course and I am NEVER taking it again! I kept the history course because it was mostly in class lectures and no extra reading. Also it was on the effects of both world wars on European society and I am a world war buff of sorts...so I LOVED the course! I will miss her lectures for sure!

Songbird, thinking of you and your family. Lindaj, love your attitude...much nicer than I would have been! And FB shaming is just RUDE! JCY have fun at your guild meeting! Bubby...I hope Olive is on the mend. So sorry she is unwell.

Sending love and hugs to everyone else as well!! xoxox