PDA

View Full Version : Hooting Night Owl @,@

kimsophia
April 11th, 2017, 01:38 AM
Hoot hoot! How's everybody doing? I was just doing more work on the felt food project. I got the ketchup and mustard squirts sewn and sesame seeds put on the hamburger bun. I made a strawberry and finished the bunch of grapes with some grape leaves. My cat keeps wanting to sit in my lap and his hair gets on the felt...arrrgh....

The Bulls won! :D

Send your news!

Judy, USMC
April 11th, 2017, 02:03 AM
Thursday Steve & I went out of town to a Dr, appointment. I hired a landscaper and gave him a map of the azalea bushes I needed trimmed and 2 I wanted removed. Marked the Gardenia "Do Not Touch" and he managed to trim that beautiful 7ft bush to 3 1/3 feet. We were both shocked when we saw it down to bare branches.

Then Friday the main drain to the sewer was clogged so rotor rooter freed it up for $200. Saturday the air conditioner wouldn't come on. At the service call today we got the news the compressor is shot. So now to decide to spend $2800 to repair or $5600 to get a new unit. This one is 21 years old ... leaning toward a more efficient new unit.

I KNOW you all have better news than I do!

stationarymom
April 11th, 2017, 02:08 AM
It's nice to see some Owls up when I am too.I don't have any quilting news yet.Judy sorry to hear of all your troubles,I hope you called the landscaper and demanded an explanation.My sister is in Conn. for work so tomorrow night I'm going to meet up with her and have dinner together.My sister lives in Colorado and I haven't seen her in 7 years.

redcaboose1717
April 11th, 2017, 03:33 AM
Judy,
About 15 yrs ago, my old A/C quit working.....although the repairman said that he might be able to order another motor for the A/C even though the A/C was almost 20 yrs old. He did in fact was able to order the "motor'...and that motor lasted until last summer. On the hottest day in July, the A/C quit.
So, I called the same repairman again, and when he came out, he told me right away that he knew he couldn't find another motor for the aging A/C. So, a trip to the bank and $2300.00 later ( and 2 days ) we had another A/C.
I will say that this new unit is more efficient.....which makes me happy when I pay the electric bill.

It's amazing how you get used to things like A/C ! I grew up in a home without A/C and our first home didn't have it either ! Now, I can't imagine not having it....we sure are spoiled !

BTW....I am up looking at fabric. I can't order anything.....awhile back ( about 3-4 months ago now ) my email and password suddenly stopped WORKING here at MSQC....I have tried to get it fixed, but apparently it's not important.....Several emails have been sent....and nothing is done.
I have thought about making a new account, but my Quilter's Cash and my BLOCK magazine subscription is tied to that account. Sure wish I could place an order !
( I am going to try calling MSQC tomorrow AM to see if that will get some attention....hope so ! ):icon_wave:

KarenC
April 11th, 2017, 07:38 AM
Judy, so sorry you have all these issues at once. I just paid $250 to have a shower drain unclogged. I should have been a plumber! It took him about 15 minutes.
Joan, so nice that you get to see your sister. I know you'll both enjoy the visit.
Not much going on here. Dentist appointment this morning, and then work.