PDA

View Full Version : National ? Day

LauraP
April 9th, 2017, 08:32 PM
If you were asked what national day you would like to create, what would it be? After today, I think mine would be "No More Housework Day" and my husbands would probably be "No More Yardwork Day".

How about "National New Shoes Day"?

SallyO'Sews
April 9th, 2017, 08:45 PM
How about "National New Shoes Day"?

How about "National NO Shoes Day"? :D

Mimi_Howard
April 9th, 2017, 08:50 PM
@sally... that was my first though and then I scrolled down and saw you beat me to it. After sewing most of the day........ my body is screaming for a "National Massage Day"!

LauraP
April 9th, 2017, 08:55 PM
Every day is No Shoes Day for me.

redcaboose1717
April 9th, 2017, 09:17 PM
We don't wear shoes in the house....so I'll vote for "No Shoes " day....
It's funny, at both my back and front doors I have a small sign that says " Please Remove Shoes"....and I have a basket with all kinds of knitted / crocheted, or cloth type slippers. It's amazing how many people come to my home, and even though I will say "No, it's okay....don't remove your shoes" They insist...and most will ask if they can take the slippers home with them, and I always let everyone take the slippers home, I can always make new ones !

I put the sign up years ago for the kids and their friends who seem to always have dirty shoes.....

pcbatiks
April 9th, 2017, 09:53 PM
I would vote for National Cool Crisp Sheets Day! You can tell what I've been trying to find. :D

Anna Leigh
April 9th, 2017, 10:29 PM
How about put your feet up day. Or find a hammock in a peaceful place and unwind day....I miss those days of my childhood. Sigh. Now I want summer here so I can hear the waves crashing on the beach. Okay. Go walk along the beach followed by a long walk on a long pier, sit at the end of the pier and watch the world go by day with a camera and book in tow. Quilting project optional but I wouldn't recommend it unless the wind is nil to nol.

jjkaiser
April 10th, 2017, 12:19 AM
My free time is very fragmented and I think I spent half the day in the kitchen cooking, baking, and washing dishes. I would love a Just Leave Me Alone Day!

Caroline T.
April 10th, 2017, 12:54 AM
My free time is very fragmented and I think I spent half the day in the kitchen cooking, baking, and washing dishes. I would love a Just Leave Me Alone Day!

I get one of those every year. Day after tax day, I take the day off work, and DH has to make the coffee, pack his own lunch, and pick up the pizza for dinner. I get to do whatever I want. May favorite day of the year

stationarymom
April 10th, 2017, 01:22 AM
I would like a National kids clean the house day(for real).

bubba
April 10th, 2017, 01:33 AM
National Everyone Be Cured of Cancer Day....

LauraP
April 10th, 2017, 04:12 AM
Bubba, I really like that one and I would vote for it too. Too many in my family have died of it.

Iris Girl
April 10th, 2017, 05:19 AM
How about "National NO Shoes Day"? :D

Exactly what I was going to suggest!

LauraP
April 10th, 2017, 01:32 PM
how about National Stop and Smell the Lilac day? They are making my walks harder on my allergies but they sure are pretty.

redcaboose1717
April 10th, 2017, 01:49 PM
I would like a National kids clean the house day(for real).

My oldest son LOVED to clean the house.....as long as he was left alone to do it. A few times a year, he would say " Mom why don't you and dad go do something ? So, of course we would go out....and when we came back one or two of the rooms in the house were re-arranged and cleaned. He started to do this about age 13......even today, he is a great help to his wife. ( she is thrilled that he does all the things he does for her! )

BTW....even though sometimes I wasn't crazy about the things my son did around the house, I never complained. He thought he was doing something awesome, and I always let him believe that.

WendyI
April 10th, 2017, 02:40 PM
I would like "National someone spring cleans MY house" day!!

SallyO'Sews
April 10th, 2017, 08:11 PM
@sally... that was my first though and then I scrolled down and saw you beat me to it. After sewing most of the day........ my body is screaming for a "National Massage Day"!

Mimi, I will gladly wear shoes if I can have a massage! :)

Mimi_Howard
April 10th, 2017, 09:31 PM

The just leave me alone reminds of years ago when going thru menopause... told kids I have one nerve left and they were on it. Guess I must have said that a few times for one day coming home from work the kitchen window was open and I heard my son yell "Incoming"!!! when I got in the house the kitchen and living room were empty of the family... Guess I was the Incoming!! me and me last nerve!!

Judy, USMC
April 10th, 2017, 10:23 PM
I'd love a "World Good News Day."

Not that news of illness, deaths, famine or world crisis would stop for just one day ... but that cures were found, crops and water would be bountiful in every part of the world and people would sincerely agree to resolve differences without brutality.