PDA

View Full Version : Welcome to a wet, snowy, windy Friday

Monique
April 7th, 2017, 09:33 AM
And a crappy one at that.

Sorry friends, I slept in this morning. I was away quilting again yesterday plus Bonnie and I had blood work done in the morning. The quilt is finished as far as quilting goes. What remains is the binding. It is a really beautiful quilt. On Monday the smaller one goes in the frame. I have planned to make soup and buns for Monday's lunch unless otherwise told so. My friend Bonnie leaves for Bermuda tomorrow, lucky gal.

I tidied up the sewing room a little last night waiting for Big Bang to come on. I may try and get in there today.

I work tomorrow until noon, then it is a bridal shower in the afternoon, and a stag party that night. Not sure yet if we will make it the stag or not. We really should but we will see. Seems we haven't got much spunk when the sun goes down, LOL!!

It is a crappy day today so it will be a good day to just putter around.

Have a wonderful day everyone.

Star lover
April 7th, 2017, 09:45 AM
The days not much better here. Cold! Windy! We were to get 4" of snow and I'm soooo thankful that they have no idea what's going on. We got none. But man, it's miserable. I have a bunch of errands to run and then maybe some sewing....have to wait and see. Hope there's at least some sun in your neck of the world. Y'all have a great day!

Bubby
April 7th, 2017, 10:22 AM
Morning Everyone...It's windy and quite chilly this morning but the sun is shining bright, which is a nice change from all the gloomy days of the past few weeks.

Some time today I have to make a trip to WalMart for some food. Olive doesn't feel well again today so I need to plan my trip carefully so it meshes with one of her naps. We have leftover meatloaf for dinner today and boy am I glad I don't have to cook. We went to Sonic for dinner last night. You have to know how much I didn't feel like cooking for me to eat fast food. We have no other options for eating out without traveling to the next town.

I have a load of clothes to fold and another one to go into the dryer. Wishing everyone a great Friday....

Star lover
April 7th, 2017, 10:29 AM
Spoke to soon....I see some sun! Yeah! Makes my day, even if it doesn't last.

shermur
April 7th, 2017, 10:32 AM
Morning...we have sunshine here (sorry, Monique)!

The new job is raising a ton of red flags; today is the tenth day of chaos! An emergency meeting was called after hours last night about the new GM (I will keep my honest opinion of him at this time/it wouldn't be nice).
After hearing the emotional concerns, my opinion was asked by the new owner and my boss. It kind of took me by surprise since I am so new to the company; needless to say in a general consensus, I did my diligence to stay professional and tactful. My emotions did almost get the best of me when I explained my interview with the new GM was intimidating and when he found out what my DH does for a living, he instinctively assumed that I didn't need to work? That's when I acknowledged to all the staff, the new owner and the new GM what has been going on in my household. Regarding how badly I need a job due to the fact of my DH having cancer and just now starting chemo treatments. with medicals bills coming and no funds to pay them!
There was silence and once the other staff members revealed how they were feeling; it got a little uncomfortable for me. I went home. I know I should feel grateful for achieving a job status; but since i accepted the position out of desperation...I now regret accepting the job. I wish I could find another company that didn't have the drama that the one I now work for does!

JCY
April 7th, 2017, 10:49 AM
Sorry to hear about your job problems, Shermur. It seems like there is no perfect job. I hope things get better for you.

We're enjoying morning sunshine. It's supposed to be in the 70's today & tomorrow. The lawn is greening up. More flowers are opening. I just wish I had the energy to get & work in the flower beds. The dead stalks need to be trimmed back. The lawn service will do a spring clean-up when they can work us into their schedule.

I plan to mix-up & bake a meat loaf today (using ground turkey) for a friend. Salt restrictions, so I'm going to try Mrs. Dash & sage for seasoning. Ladies in our Bible study group have been taking meals to a friend who recently had a fistula placed in prep. for dialysis. She has other health problems, too. I've been studying the web to figure out what I could prepare that would be low salt, low potassium, low sugar (she also has diabetes) for her renal diet. I'll take the food items to her after lunch.

I sewed for an hr. after supper yest. I'm putting the binding on the baby quilt. It's hemmed, pinned, pressed, & ready to go. I didn't want to sew it last night while I was tired.

I hope everyone has a good day and week-end.

Carlie Wolf
April 7th, 2017, 10:59 AM
Snowy here too but it's not sticking where I am. There is a frost warning for tonight so it's time to get those sheets out again in an effort to protect my rose bushes. Turned my heat back on for today and tomorrow and am focusing on thinking about the rest of the week when it will be warmer and I can start gardening again.

I'm still kind of meandering around, only half focused. Working on some of the PURR cat mats. I'm thinking of using the three pole lamps that no longer work for a cat toy...maybe it will work. Thought I might be able to make it into a cat mobile if I use only the base and about two feet of the pole. We'll see....

Have a good day all :-)