PDA

View Full Version : Traffic Accident Court Hearing Delayed

JCY
April 6th, 2017, 07:27 PM
So...after getting all my ducks lined up & psyching myself up for this ordeal, I got to the court house this afternoon. However, I did not see the offender's name on the docket. I checked at the DA's office & learned that my case has been combined with another case, in which he has been charged with a felony. Hmmm. The investigating officer the day of the accident mentioned he had some prior's on his record, but didn't say what. It sounds like he's in a lot more trouble than just rear-ending my car. So, the hearing has been delayed until mid-May when both cases will be heard at the same time. The time is not convenient for me, since it's in another town, but we'll do what has to be done. To be continued...

redcaboose1717
April 6th, 2017, 10:12 PM
Sorry to hear that. It's frustrating to go to the court house and then find out nothing will be done. I had a similar experience years ago with an accident I had. The guy that hit me also had a record etc. He was ordered to pay my deductible.....but he never paid it, he was sent to prison etc. He died a few years later.
It took several months for it to go to court and all......I really think that people that don't have insurance should really be punished more than they usually are. I have known people that have had similar things happen to them as well, and nothing was ever done.
Hope things turn out okay for you though.

bubba
April 6th, 2017, 11:19 PM
Didn't you say after hitting you he fled and was involved in another hit and run? That's the felony.

KarenC
April 6th, 2017, 11:21 PM
I've heard this more than once. Sorry you're having to go through that.

Carlie Wolf
April 7th, 2017, 12:01 AM
Sorry to hear this is happening. The whole process is so stressful and delays certainly don't help the victims.

JCY
April 7th, 2017, 09:00 AM
The offender who hit my car did drive away. That is correct. He ditched the car in a nearby neighborhood. I do not know about any other hit & runs. The investigating police officer told me he would be charged & go to jail for my accident. He also mentioned he had some prior offences on his record, but did not say what. It must have been this felony case.

Monique
April 7th, 2017, 09:27 AM
Sorry you have to go through this.

Star lover
April 7th, 2017, 09:38 AM
So sorry everything is delayed. But the Lord knows and it's all in His timing. Continuing in prayer.