PDA

View Full Version : Thursday, one day closer to Friday

Monique
April 6th, 2017, 08:05 AM
Good morning friends.

Well I had a very exciting day yesterday. NOT!! I ended up doing taxes. Yah! About as exciting as watching paint dry. I hate doing taxes even with a program but they are done. I shouldn't complain as I am getting back a nice chunk. But it does drive me nuts.

So today I am going quilting again. Bonnie and I both have to have our blood tests done first. I haven't had coffee yet as I had to fast for 12 hours. But as soon as I'm done, coffee it shall be.

Have a great day everyone.

Ginny B
April 6th, 2017, 08:11 AM
Good morning all. Another rainy day here today but I hear that it will stop and we will have sunshine and a bit of warmth in the not too distant future. It was a good day at work yesterday.... I didn't have to go to two different meetings that were going to e cutting into my day! Woo Hoo!

Not much exciting happening around here. Just working on some Easter projects for a few orders so I'd better get in gear and get somethings accomplished before heading out to work.

Have a great day everyone.

Bubby
April 6th, 2017, 08:19 AM
Hi Monique & Everyone....It looks like our storms have moved on and now it's just cold here. We had high winds yesterday and our temp dropped 25 degrees. Missouri weather is mercurial to say the least.

Yesterday I was able to meet with the woman who bought Reggie's LAQing machine and worked with Reggie for a few years. I took her two smallish projects stipple and I should hear from her in 3-4 weeks. She bought a trailer and set it up in the middle of the woods on her Mom's property. You almost need 4WD to get down her road. She seems a little overwhelmed and I may offer to help her get organized.

Jeff has a full day of training on policy and procedure, so he will get home late. It will be a very long day for him. I will fix something easy for dinner so I can work in my sewing room for most of the day .

Our neighbor who had his prostate removed last week got his tubes removed and he feels like a new man. He can drive and do light chores, so my job over there ended yesterday.

Wishing everyone a great day. Tomorrow is Friday again and I hope Jenny gives us another wonderful tutorial.

Lyndaj
April 6th, 2017, 08:28 AM
Good morning everyone.

This is a really happy day for me, as I will be picking up my new Bernina 770QE. This is the machine that I have been pining over for at least 2 years, likely longer. This is the machine that I chose not to buy (because of the $) and bought my Janome MC8900QCP instead (which I have regretted ever since).

A few other things going on for me. One, I need to go and pick up the quilt I made for my MIL before she passed. I am dreading this as I really don't want to see it, but I can't leave it at the long arm quilters.

Second, a week today I will begin the first of three PRP (platelet rich plasma) injections into my knee (yes, I know, very comfy). NOT. This is the stuff they are putting into professional athletes. What they do is take blood out of my arm, put it in a centrifuge to separate the plasma, and reinject. There has been lots of success with this, but it comes with a pretty large price tag. I just don't want to be in pain anymore.

Have a great day peeps.

Jean Sewing Machine
April 6th, 2017, 08:37 AM
Good morning all! Yesterday was such a great day for Klasien and me, being in Hamilton all day! We started the day with Jenny's always fun, inspirational, emotional trunk show. She made us seem like family with all of her hugs! Then we shopped for those last forgotten things on our list, took a little break back at our hotel getting ready for Mr and Mrs Al Doan's reception at night. The beautiful handsome couple greeted family and friends at the Blue Sage.
4 forum members were there to represent our group. Everybody looks like midgets standing next to these tall folks!
141746 141747
Can't get Klasien's picture to load!

Anyway, we came home with a very warm happy feeling like we were part of the family and our wishes for Al and Drea for a very happy life together were extended in the name of all the forum! They just look so happy together! I am so happy for them!

KPH
April 6th, 2017, 09:17 AM
Good Morning All.

Busy day yesterday, actually made my son happy by looking on the computer for houses. Insert eye roll here, there's just so much you can see on the little screen. There's nothing like seeing it in person.

Found one DH would love, but it's a foreclosure and for good reason, it's not on the short list. Best thing about it lots of land! Almost 2 acres, not too far from son's new house, and the kitchen looks pretty danged big. But the ???? mark list is long! Lots of what the heck is that, going on. I was surprised when he said he was too old to think about it. So he was looking at it with realistic expectations.

Storms moved through early this morning. Thunder woke both of us up. Thankfully, no hail or tornadoes like they were hinting at.

We'll be back to purge or pack mode today. It was nice having a day for my allergies to recoup! Taking the heavy duty stuff again today since we're going to be back at it.

Tomorrow we pick up the camper. Yippee? Hopefully, we'll be able to travel a little, once we get settled. Or at least we'll have a place to sleep when we get to FL.

Have a wonderful day!

grammaterry
April 6th, 2017, 10:31 AM
House hunting has changed a lot with the internet. Now that you're looking you can see how the Lookers on you house felt.
You all seem like the weather is the same for all of us.
We are meeting with contractors and insurance people today amid trying to run our restaurant. Anxious to get repairs start though.
I'm having so much fun in the new sewing room. Amazing how having things where I can see them makes all the difference.
Thanks for all your comeraderie. Those doans really are tall! Thanks for the pics

EnumclawGramma
April 6th, 2017, 10:51 AM
Good Morning!
It's another rainy day, but the temps are up so it feels so much different! Spring is officially my favorite season now. I've really been enjoying seeing the trees bloom and start to green up. We were so busy last year with our move out and move in that I think I missed this entirely.

My DD is in her final week of student teaching (middle school math) and wants me to make cookies for the kids and staff for tomorrow. So, there's my Thursday task! I love it when one of my kids makes a request like this, because even though they're grown they still need me and love my cookies.

Hoping to get into the sewing room today and finish up my Courthouse Steps so I can get it quilted and gifted. I have too many projects going and wanting to be made. And another tutorial coming out tomorrow!!!

Have a wonderful day everyone!

JCY
April 6th, 2017, 11:33 AM
A sunny morning! It was 36 with a light frost. We might see 70 today. At least 2 more days of 70's are expected on Fri. & Sat.

I missed out on the DD today. Didn't have time to place my order at 6 a.m. when I did a quick check. Now it's sold out. I figured it would go quickly, but not quite that soon. Oh well, there's always another time.

DH's dr. appt. this a.m., then the court hearing at 2 p.m., so it will be a busy day.