PDA

View Full Version : Spring Flowers

JCY
April 5th, 2017, 07:48 PM
My flowers were covered in snow this morning. We got about 1" of wet snow yest. evening, mostly on the grassy areas. These are hardy, so they're fine. Other areas of the state got several inches of snow. We lucked out. We've had some good rain & a few snow showers recently to help with the dry winter we've had. My crabapple tree is almost at peak color. Many flowering trees are blooming around town. They're all so beautiful. The hyacinths are very fragrant. The bees were out at the flowers today. As you can see, the dandelions also are popping up all over. 141729141730141731141732

Anitamae56
April 5th, 2017, 08:22 PM
That is beautiful, I love the smell of hyacinths .

BethB
April 5th, 2017, 08:41 PM
Beautiful!! One of our cherry trees popped out and my hyacinths look pretty good, although they are all white this year. I thought I remembered have a couple of purple/blue ones. The daffodils are a mess this year. They were blooming and then we had that really cold snap and then over 20" of snow -- it did them in. They are drooping onto the sidewalk. Ih well, maybe next year they will be better.

Star lover
April 5th, 2017, 08:41 PM
Breathtakingly beautiful! So wonderful to see such pretty blooms! A treat for my eyes! Thanks sooooo much for sharing - gives me hope that spring may be along eventually.

rl2b
April 5th, 2017, 08:52 PM
Oh, how pretty! We have snow in the forecast tonight but it surely won't stick around long . . . I hope ~smile~
Roseanne