PDA

View Full Version : A dark and damp Wednesday today

Monique
April 5th, 2017, 08:37 AM
Good morning friends. It poured rain all day yesterday. Thank goodness it wasn't snow. I think today will be a repeat of yesterday.

Well the memory quilt has gone to its forever home. And she cried and she loves it and she was speechless. It sure felt good to give her this gift.

I spent all day yesterday quilting again. We are getting quite a lot accomplished on the quilt. Perhaps one more day (tomorrow) and it might get finished. Not sure what I want to do today.

I heard from Blondie and she is going to be a grandmother AGAIN! She continues to work on the COC quilts and I just sent her a big box of fabric last week, enough to make many more COCs. She sees little Eli every day, he is 10 1/2 months old already.

Maybe I will just have a quiet day today.

Have a wonderful day friends.

Star lover
April 5th, 2017, 08:43 AM
Rained yesterday, suppose to rain all day today too with some snow....but....I see a bit of sun! Yeah, may not last, but it's sure is good to see.
Didn't get any sewing in yesterday, had errands, chores. Hoping for some today.
Monique, you're a true friend! She's gonna love it always!
Hope y'all have a wonderful, peaceful day!

Cathy F
April 5th, 2017, 08:56 AM
Morning all,
No rain today waiting to see if the sun is going to grace us with it's presence today, too early to tell.
Yesterday I made a good dent in the sewing room cleanse. Also had the embroidery machine running. It hasn't been running in a while. I actually finished to panels to an Easter egg I'm trying. Don't know how they'll turn out but it's an interesting project.
Besides the sewing room the rest of the house got a good going over while I was in the cleaning mode. Got my Easter decorations out and it looks like spring has sprung in the house!
Today I'll be making Irish soda bread. Didn't get to make any for St Patrick's Day. I'm going to my sister's soon and she loves it so I'll put a loaf in the freezer to take to her. If I don't freeze it hubby will polish it all off, one of his favorites!
Blondie must be thrilled, congratulations to her, grandbabies are the best. Well off to grab a cup of coffee and get my baking started. Wishing everyone a wonderful Wednesday.

KPH
April 5th, 2017, 08:56 AM
Good Morning All,

I've done the unthinkable, my sewing machine is packed and ready for the move. Wish I had an idea of where it's going to be moved to!

The attic is just about empty, all the stuff that we're keeping is in the guest bedroom. I guess today we'll start in the buildings, after I get my hair done, that is. DS's friend is off today, he's going to help us and get somethings for his new digs. I'm glad he's getting away from his mom, hopefully she doesn't let the bully back into her life. He's fallen off the face of the earth according to J, praying it was a literal interpretation.

Crossing fingers Lexie's quilt is delivered to the LQS today. I'd like to get that shipped before things get too nutty around here. Somehow I need to get motivated to play with Zillow or one of those other sites. I look at my appointment cards on my desk, and wonder if I have time for all of them. Not really looking forward to finding a new dr. or dentist. It's part of the process.

Have a great day.

songbird857
April 5th, 2017, 08:59 AM
Morning all,
So glad to hear the news that Blondie will be a grandma again!
Please pray for my sister in law's mother, Marj. She had a heart attack and needs a triple bypass.

Today I will continue to wrestle my queen quilt through my machine ;) It's gonna take a while.
I also bought some chalk paint to paint a small kitchen cart - not sure when I'll get to that.
Rainy here, but that's ok. After last year's drought, the rain is welcome to be here :)
Have a great day everyone!

Bubby
April 5th, 2017, 09:12 AM
Hi Everyone....We had bad electrical storms all night and I got zero sleep. I had to put the Girls in bed with us and that was the end of getting any rest. I will be heading back to bed for a nap when I get off here.

I talked to a woman yesterday who does LAQing not far from me. She is the daughter of a woman I took 2-3 of my quilts to a few years ago. I will go to her place and she what she offers.

It's great that Blondie will be getting another Grand!!

Wishing everyone a great day.

Iris Girl
April 5th, 2017, 03:33 PM
Morning..er afternoon all. Some how missed this in the am. Laundry on the line, dinner in the oven. Had to call to get a key made for sons car it only came with one. Called the dealer to get a price... first gal hung up on me as I was explaining what I wanted. Called back got a man who promptly told me he doubted he could help me since he ONLY made service appointments. I had a question...LOL Told him not to worry I would go elsewhere. Called the repair shop in town specializing in Hondas. We ordered a key, and will pick it up and get it programmed Saturday. Soooo I had to be that *itch and call back the dealer to put in a complaint. They put me through to the service manager, whom I found out was a good friend and ex co workers hubby. We had a nice long chat and some people will get a talking to.
In other things the butterfly quilt is pieced and the butterfly parts are cut out, need to make a body for him but my drawing stinks so asking for hubby help there then on to some quilting.
The weather is nice partly sunny and 58. Hubby raked the lawn over the weekend so we could see the flowers starting to come up. Daffodils have buds! Thats it for now. Have a great day all

Jean Sewing Machine
April 5th, 2017, 06:02 PM
Good afternoon from beautiful Hamilton, Mo. cold, blustery, rainy day, but what fun we had! Klasien and I went to Jenny'S trunk show today, and no matter how many times I attend these, they are ever so special! We came in after she had started with a bus group from Ontario, and when she saw us, she ran back to where we were sitting and gave us both a big hug! So special! She hasn't seen Klasien since 2014, but she remembered her just the same. The show was entertaining, informational, and husband Ron was his usual great assistant. She gets emotional near the end, and I'm always tearing up at the end! So special!

We both have new stash products to savor when we get home to our sewing rooms, and we'll have great memories of two wonderful days spent there! Saw Gloria and Charyti yesterday! That was great to see them both!

New pictures of the great day!

TMP
April 5th, 2017, 08:40 PM
Ohhh now that looks like such a fun day ! Jenny and forum friends. That is an awful pretty quilt. ( My favorite colors)

JCY
April 5th, 2017, 10:05 PM
I'm late to the conversation. It's already 7 p.m. Had a busy day with Bible Study Fellowship this a.m., a quick lunch at Wendy's, then groc. shopping. This afternoon I did some extra cooking.

We got another 1" of wet snow last eve. It was white on the grassy areas this a.m. & a chilly 30 deg. & clear. It was nice to see the sun all day. It got up to 64.

Yest. I finished the last few spots of FMQ & sewed the binding on one side of the quilt. It will have to wait to be finished until after my busy day tomorrow with DH's nephrology dr. appt. & the court hearing in the afternoon about the car accident. I'll be glad when that is over.

My DIL's father passed away yest. in Idaho. He had terminal brain cancer. My DIL & other family members were with him when he died.

Almost supper time. I'll let you know how the court hearing turns out.