PDA

View Full Version : ....a not so good day today.

bubba
April 4th, 2017, 10:21 PM
After yesterdays walk, MM put the hospital bed into an almost sitting position and spent several hours sitting up. That apparently was too much for him because he is beat today. He does not feel well and is in pain. After two days of no narcotics, he has taken two of them today.

I was worried and asked if he thought he needed to go down to Urgent Care, he looks like crap. He said no, but asked me to take his temperature and if he had one he would speak with the consulting nurse on the phone. No fever, so that was the end of that.

Here's hoping tomorrow is better!

grammaterry
April 4th, 2017, 10:29 PM
Sometimes we have to have bad days to get to the good ones. Tomorrow will be better

Ginny B
April 4th, 2017, 10:31 PM
:( Sorry to hear MM is feeling bad today. Hopefully he can get a good night's sleep and have a better one tomorrow. Hang in there.

K. McEuen
April 4th, 2017, 10:44 PM
He may have just over exerted those stomach muscles that haven't been used much the past few weeks. Has he had to sneeze or cough hard since his surgery? I know it hurt like crazy after my c-section to do that. Holding a pillow tightly over the area that was cut helped more than I would have ever imagined. Hope he bounces back quickly.

KPH
April 4th, 2017, 10:58 PM
Praying for a speedy recovery. I know he's just as ready to feel better as you are ready for him to be pain free.

KarenC
April 4th, 2017, 11:50 PM
Still praying. Hope he gets better soon, don't give up.

Hulamoon
April 4th, 2017, 11:57 PM
Nice and slow. You want some Hawaiian goodies to cheer him up?

bubba
April 5th, 2017, 12:02 AM
Nice and slow. You want some Hawaiian goodies to cheer him up?

He might like that. His taste right now is very picky, so I don't even what to suggest. Only ate two bites of roasted chicken and the same of rice and gravy, but I just got back from the store after he told me he wanted some German chocolate cake!

You know what I want? I want a nurse!!!

SallyO'Sews
April 5th, 2017, 12:03 AM
Hope you both get a good night's sleep, and that tomorrow is a better day for you and MM.

Hulamoon
April 5th, 2017, 12:10 AM
He might like that. His taste right now is very picky, so I don't even what to suggest. Only ate two bites of roasted chicken and the same of rice and gravy, but I just got back from the store after he told me he wanted some German chocolate cake!

You know what I want? I want a nurse!!!

Guava jelly, Macnut cookies, any favorite snacks like squid, lol. Think on it and PM me :)

Simply Quilting
April 5th, 2017, 12:28 AM
Two steps forward, one back is how recovery goes many times. Praying that both of you are able to get a great nights rest and feel better tomorrow.

LauraP
April 5th, 2017, 12:59 AM
make sure he takes his pain med BEFORE exercise. I learned with my numerous abdominal surgeries that if you wait until after you get back it's too late and the med can't cut the pain.

bubba
April 5th, 2017, 01:20 AM
make sure he takes his pain med BEFORE exercise. I learned with my numerous abdominal surgeries that if you wait until after you get back it's too late and the med can't cut the pain.

He's been able to control the pain with Tylenol and Aleve the past two days. I think sitting up all yesterday afternoon is what did him in.

stationarymom
April 5th, 2017, 01:38 AM
Pat I hope he is feeling better tomorrow.It's real easy to over do things,the sad thing is you don't know until the next day.Hang in there.

GuitarGramma
April 5th, 2017, 02:41 AM
It's so hard to know how much to exert oneself. My heart goes out to you both.

Eian Mcneely
April 5th, 2017, 04:06 AM
Sorry to hear about MM, but remember there is always light at the end of tunnel…lots of prayers from my side

Star lover
April 5th, 2017, 07:05 AM
So sad to hear that your dh isn't feeling so great. I'll continue in prayer hoping that a good nights sleeep (for both of you) does the trick and today will dawn with a better start. Like many said - one day ata time....but hurry up too! It'll get there.

Carol336
April 5th, 2017, 07:28 AM
Ditto Simply Quilting - one step forward and two steps back. Hope he's feeling better today!!

sew-what2015
April 5th, 2017, 07:34 AM
Agree with those saying one step forward, two back. Hopefully today will be much better.

Iris Girl
April 5th, 2017, 12:35 PM
Hoping he will feel better today, as others have said 2 steps forward , one step back. If we did not have bad days we would have nothing to measure a good day against. Hugs to all.

RockinLou
April 5th, 2017, 01:47 PM
im sorry to hear it is proving to be a long recover. I hop he bounces back soon.

bubba
April 5th, 2017, 04:23 PM
im sorry to hear it is proving to be a long recover. I hop he bounces back soon.

Recovery is long for this......I'm just impatient and think he should be further along than he is. He is up and eating at the table and reading a book on his Kindle as he does so. I'm sure he will be headed back to bed soon.

It's raining outside, so there will be no walk on the sidewalk. He seems kind of ecstatic about that!

You guys/gals are so sweet. Thanks for your words of encouragement!

Caroline T.
April 5th, 2017, 04:38 PM

No Bouncing for at least a week! :icon_rofl: