PDA

View Full Version : A soggy and very wet Tuesday

Monique
April 4th, 2017, 08:10 AM
Good morning friends. Yup April showers have started. Thank goodness it is not snow. I hope we are all done with that for another year.

Well we had a very successful quilting day yesterday. We were about 10. Lunch was provided by another member, chicken soup, fresh bread, and baked goodies. We managed to get quite a bit quilted. I will be going again today for round 2. Lunch is being provided again by another member.

When I got home yesterday I managed to get the binding on the memory quilt and I sewed that sucker until after 10 last night. There isn't much left and hopefully I can get it finished so that I can deliver it to her tonight.

That's about it for me for today. Have a wonderful day friends.

Star lover
April 4th, 2017, 08:22 AM
Ditto for April showers here! And then some. Suppose to have snow Friday, I sure hope they're wrong. It's opening day of baseball here on Friday and we've had snow before, so one never knows.
Happy Monique you had such a productive day! And sounds like today will be a repeat.
Hope everyone has a wonderful day and that y'all get the chance to do something fun for yourselves!

songbird857
April 4th, 2017, 08:47 AM
Morning lovelies :)
Pouring out here this morning...
I plan on getting in my sewing room today - I may even sandwich the quilt for my bed!! I also have some music stuff to work on today, so I'll be busy. Have a great day all!

Bubby
April 4th, 2017, 08:54 AM
Hi Everyone...We're having April storms, our version of April Showers. The only nice day is supposed to be Saturday. I don't mind rain and dark days at all but the severe storms are another matter.

A couple months ago I started playing with the Exploding Block and I sewed up several from some charms I've
had for years. I decided to sew everything together for a little throw. I just have two sides of the border to put on and it will be ready for quilting. Then the fun begins when I have to find a new LAQer.

Monique, glad you have almost finished the memory quilt. I know you are ready to get on to a new project.

Wishing everyone a stellar Tuesday....with Hugs.

Iris Girl
April 4th, 2017, 08:58 AM
Raining here also. Tomorrow suppose to be nice. My allergies are kicking up big time had to take some meds which I usually don't do. Watched dancing with the stars last night, Was happy to see Charo get the axe. She was quite mouthy about the scores the week before, and looking at her and her botched facelift, nose job, plumped up lips is like looking a frankenstein. Hideous what some women will do to themselves to *look Young*
Hope everyone has great day.

JCY
April 4th, 2017, 09:01 AM
Good Morning! It's snowing here -- very wet, mixed with rain. Only supposed to get maybe 1/2" or so. It's white on the grassy areas. It was 68 deg. yest., so I doubt it will stick to the pavement. It looks like lots of folks are getting spring moisture. I won't complain; we need it.

Yest. I focused on composing my Victim Impact Statement. It's done! I hand carried it down to the DA's office yest. afternoon. I'm glad that monkey is off my back. Now if only the court hearing were over.

No more time now. Time to fix DH's breakfast.

Mom23
April 4th, 2017, 09:45 AM
Good Morning All,

It's raining here too. Thankfully we got all the lawns mowed Sunday as it will likely be days before we can get back out again. Rainy days make for good sewing days for me. I've made 6 charity quilts in the past week. I even FMQ'd them myself. I'm getting a little better every time. They are all trimmed and ready for binding. That was on the schedule for after my volunteering today but plans have changed. My son, his wife and our grandson are in St. Louis for his work and they've asked us to come and have dinner with them. Of course we will go, it's rare we get to see Carter and would jump at any opportunity to see him. We are going to leave early and take our time getting there.

I spent the day last Friday with Jean and Klasien and we met Marilyn and Rhonda for lunch. After telling my husband about how nice it was to see forum members that I had met at a retreat he encouraged me to go to the retreat this year. I jumped right on that and made my reservations immediately. He's the best. He knows what makes my heart happy!

KPH
April 4th, 2017, 10:39 AM
Morning all,

The sun is shining here today after being dreary and damp all day yesterday. Supposedly, it's going to be 18 degrees higher than yesterday.

We stirred up enough dust to make me get out the heavy duty allergy pills. The sewing room is almost done. The desks are basically cleaned out, one drawer in each with desky type things that we'll be using is all that's left to pack up (should fill up one shoe box nicely).

DH brought down the Christmas boxes, purged some more stuff (especially anything that had contact with Sherry's cats) which might have been why my allergies were so bad yesterday afternoon. The kitchen stuff, special occasion items, are all wrapped and packed.
Not sure what he has planned for today, so far it hasn't been what I've asked for, so we'll see.

Lexie's quilt should be back tomorrow and I've got an appointment for a hair cut, so at least we'll have one day out of the house this week.

Back to the busy work! I hope everyone has a great Tuesday!

peggiep
April 4th, 2017, 10:51 AM
Morning everyone!
Yes, it is raining heavily here too...but the snow is slowly disappearing as a result, so I gues it is sort of a mixed blessing. Looking forward to the May Flowers.
Today the playoffs begin for Bowling. Our team is at the top of the "B" league and hopefully I will bowl significantly better than I did last week!
Hopefully I will get into the sewing room to finish off my March Secret Santa gift this afernoon and finish my DDG's birthday quilt.
Stay dry and enjoy the day!

Navy Wife
April 4th, 2017, 01:32 PM
We had a miserable rainy day yesterday. In fact we had 1.78 inches! We needed it! Today is beautiful, sunny, warm, 72 now, and just the kind of day I need to get out. But I have caught DH's miserable cold. I have spent the past 2 days mostly in bed or on the sofa. I think I might be a little better today, so will stay on the sofa or in bed! Oh well, it's pay back time for last week when DH was complaining about feeling awful.

Cathy F
April 4th, 2017, 03:37 PM
Hi all,
Rainy day again so figured might as well take advantage of it and force myself in the sewing room to start the dreaded task of cleaning it up. Figured as long as I was in there I'd run the embroidery machine too. I got one panel of a free standing lace Easter egg stitched out, only 5 more to go. Looks like I may have to get one or two larger plastic storage bins for the Christmas fabric. The container they're in won't hold any more. My next task will be to organize scraps for a scrappy quilt. Once I find a pattern I like I'll start the cutting to the size I need. Never enough time in my days and I'm retired!
Off to start my next project of re-potting two of my Orchid plants. My husband just brought in some pots from the greenhouse for me. They should have been done a little sooner but they were re-blooming again and didn't want to disturb them while the had flowers on them.
Hope the sun makes an appearance soon and the temps warm up. Wishing all a good day.

Cool Breeze Quilter
April 4th, 2017, 06:23 PM
It's been raining here all day too and boy do we need the rain (I'm in FL). Today I tied a couple quilts for a neighbor and put labels on them. I hope everyone has had a wonderful Tuesday so far.