PDA

View Full Version : Good Monday morning

Monique
April 3rd, 2017, 07:45 AM
What a beautiful morning it is. I think today will be an absolutely wonderful day again. Yesterday was truly a spring day.

I worked Friday and we DID NOT get the snow they were calling for. I also got my hair cut after work. We left Saturday morning to go see Maizyn for her birthday. We had a lovely day. We left early Sunday morning and took the scenic route and ended up going antiqueing. I didn't get anything but Les found a few treasures. I did see a Featherweight in one shop, $245, not a bad price, it seemed in good shape, but I don't need one as I already have two. I saw 6 sewing machines in at Value Village, and they all stayed there, lol! My friend Lynda bought herself yet ANOTHER vintage sewing machine. She needs help!! I think she is trying to catch up to me, LOL!!

So today is quilting day. Bonnie and I are going to start the quilt that was made for our big draw in September for Victoria's Quilts. It is a quilt made up of maple leaf blocks and I am happy that all 4 of mine will be in the quilt. Only two of us used fabric with Canadian Flag, well mine were of the maple leaf itself. I still need to bind the memory quilt and I am hoping to get that done maybe this afternoon or tomorrow so that I can finish it and bring it to her on Tuesday night for our meeting. I did get a call to work today but I declined, I already had plans to quilt and besides, I am tired. I just didn't want to work today at all. I was exhausted last night. We left Phil's at around 8:30 am and didn't get home until almost 7 last night.

So today will be a relaxing day quilting with friends. Have an awesome day friends.

Star lover
April 3rd, 2017, 07:55 AM
Finally saw the sun this weekend! 2 beautiful days in the 60's. Now they're saying it's gonna rain and be cooler the rest of the week. Snow on Friday! (Hope they're wrong)! With even more rain than we had last week .... whew, where's all that rain gonna go? Happy for the 2 days of sun.
Just finishing up a quilt top. Need to take pics and then I'll post, maybe tomorrow. Will start another quilt. Not sure about today. Lots of phone calls to make. Family stuff.
Need to get my hair cut too. It's so expensive I only go once year. Have had so many butcher jobs in the past and have finally found someone who is great and is consistent with great! So once a year works for me.
So happy Monique you had such a good time. And also happy that you're not working and can relax today.
Hope everyone has a peaceful and relaxing day too!

Bubby
April 3rd, 2017, 08:10 AM
Morning Everyone...

We had a busy weekend. After working most of the day at the apartments on Saturday Jeff was called to work for an emergency. He worked 7 hours and came home and dropped into bed. Yesterday real early he was called in again and he worked 5 hours. Today is the start of a new week and he's dragging anchor already.

We put in an appearance at the housewarming yesterday afternoon and the hostess loved the wine bottle runner. She said she wants to have it framed for the wine room. Their new home is fabulous! We would have loved to spend more time there, but Jeff was dead on his feet and needed to get home.

Olive didn't feel very well yesterday. So far today she's a little more perky. Dottie is still mad at me for letting someone babysit her for 2 hours at the apartments. Olive took a nap and Dottie cried at full volume the whole time. She kept wanting to go outside but that was a ploy to look for me. I guess we won't try that again anytime soon.

Wishing everyone a good Monday.

Cathy F
April 3rd, 2017, 08:29 AM
Morning all,
Looks to be another sunny day here. Up early as Monday's are our breakfast with friends morning.
Barb, dogs are like children they let you know when they are not happy. Two hours probably seemed like forever to her. That wine runner will be perfect framed!
Monique, glad you have a day to yourself for quilting.
Have to make a run to the store today and hopefully they have some buttermilk as I have to make a few loaves of Irish soda bread. Otherwise it's homemade buttermilk ( milk & vinegar) whi h doesn't get as thick and creamy.
Off to breakfast, wishing all a blessed day!

KPH
April 3rd, 2017, 08:45 AM
Good Morning All,

I guess we're back in packing mode. Went through the kitchen packing up stuff we don't use often and pulling stuff that we don't use at all. We're going to go through more paperwork and have a shredding party for my aunt's estate paperwork (hard to believe it's been long enough to shred it, and we surely don't want to move it!) Going to start on stuff in the buildings next, going back through and making sure we're not taking stuff we won't be using. There's a chair out there, I'd love to get refurbished, but I'm having doubts about it since it's been in the building for decades.
We'll be keeping busy, that's for sure. I hope everyone has a great Monday!

peggiep
April 3rd, 2017, 09:13 AM
Morning all,
Looks to be another sunny day here. Up early as Monday's are our breakfast with friends morning.
Barb, dogs are like children they let you know when they are not happy. Two hours probably seemed like forever to her. That wine runner will be perfect framed!
Monique, glad you have a day to yourself for quilting.
Have to make a run to the store today and hopefully they have some buttermilk as I have to make a few loaves of Irish soda bread. Otherwise it's homemade buttermilk ( milk & vinegar) whi h doesn't get as thick and creamy.
Off to breakfast, wishing all a blessed day!

Cathy - try using plain yogurt instead of regular milk to make buttermilk. It gives it a nice thick, creamy texture!

peggiep
April 3rd, 2017, 09:22 AM
Morning Everyone....didn't think I was going to make it to the Forum this morning since we have a full day to be spent in Ottawa. Fortunately I have my "Twister" table topper to stitch the binding on so I have something to do on the "trip".

DH is still sleeping, so I will let him sleep for another 15 minutes. We had a rough night last night with our furbaby Kona (the dog) having another episode. This is the 3rd time in a month that she has awakened and has been so disoriented she stands up and shakes, trembles and doesn't seem to have control of her back legs. When we took her to the vet a few weeks ago, she can't determine the cause but as a result, DH spends most nights semi awake to make sure Kona is ok. At 15, we know she is going to develop issues, but DH is not ready for the inevitable. He was quite upset by Kona's condition. She is definitely his furbaby and this is going to be tough!
Have a great day everyone...

MaryUK
April 3rd, 2017, 09:39 AM
Well the sun is shining although it's a little cool. The washing is on the line, I have been to the supermarket and fed DH and DGS who if off school with a tummy bug!!
Big question, do I plant the flowers I bought last week, go through paperwork or hit the sewing room. If I plant the flowers my hips will be good for nothing the rest of the day, but I could do it tomorrow after work!! Paperwork is boring and can wait another day or two. I could do some sewing because I won't get chance until next weekend.

Thanks, I'll take your advice - sewing it is!!! Heeheehee!!

shermur
April 3rd, 2017, 09:54 AM
Morning.....

Today could be entertaining; my new boss emailed me on Sunday (yesterday) afternoon and informed me that she has "obligations" to attend to this morning and won't be at work until noon? After one week at this new job....red flags are flying up everywhere! This company I shouldn't have accepted the job for has got to be the most dis-organized mess I have ever seen! When I was interviewed by the "temporary/we'll see how he works out" manager; I had the gut feeling to have walked out twice. And...I should have! The young punk had the audacity to ask me once he found out what my husband does for a living, on whether I really needed a job or not? this is a mistake.....darnit, for me being desperate!

Hubby has his first chemo treatment tomorrow as Friday's scheduled one did not work out! My stomach gets into knots every time I think about it!

JCY
April 3rd, 2017, 01:42 PM
Good morning ~ I'll have to be quick this a.m. I need to focus on putting together this Victim Impact Statement, which I need to get to the DA's office before Thursday's court hearing. I have some guidelines to follow; it's just pulling it all together is a reasonable form. If possible, I'll plan to be in court that day.

We're getting sun this a.m., but not sure for how long. It must have rained during the night; everything was wet this a.m. It cleared off & there was frost on the roofs. It's supposed to rain tonight into tomorrow & be much colder. Our crabapple trees are starting to bloom. Lots of spring flowers are blooming.

Step-son Philip had a rough week last week. He started a new job position (same employer), but was sick part of the week with the flu. Then their little sheep dog was attacked by a coyote & killed. His father-in-law is dying of terminal brain cancer & is on hospice.

I finished the major FMQ on the quilt on which I used rulers. I looked it over well yest. & put pins in a few places where I need to go back & fill in.

Time to focus on this document. Have a good day.