PDA

View Full Version : Saturday Hello

JCY
April 1st, 2017, 05:01 PM
If there's a Sat. post, I don't see it, so I'll start. So sorry to hear about Terry's storm damage problems. After a quick early a.m. pop-in at 5:45, I'm just getting back to the Forum. I thought Jenny's April Fool's video from Hawaii was fun.

This morning I cooked up 15 beets. A regular item I keep cooked & in the freezer for DH. He eats chilled beets on his salad every day.

Yest. was lunch with my Lady Bugs group. There were only 10 of us, about half as many as usual. It was a rainy day; some gals were sick or didn't want to brave the rain. My friend still is in the hosp. with pneumonia.

I have been shopping for a new purse. I like a big purse with multiple compartments, which are hard to find. Since I was next door to Penneys, I decided to pop in & take a look. I found what I was looking for, but the purse had no price tag or label. I discovered the reg. price was $69. It was 40% off, plus the gal gave me an additional coupon discount (which I didn't have), so with tax, I got the purse for $35. I thought that was a bargain. Today I got everything transferred into the new purse. My old purse really was beat up. It's now in the garbage toter.

I got 1 hr. of FMQ with rulers done on the baby quilt yest. eve. I can see the end in sight. Maybe 2-3 hrs. left to do. It's been time consuming, but worthwhile, & very good practice. I watched a gal on a YT video doing ruler work. I couldn't believe how fast she worked! I watched her bent over her frame. I was thinking, My back would never hold up to that!

It's chilly & cloudy today -- in the 40's, but at least it's not raining. So far, it hasn't snowed here. We should see sunshine tomorrow. I hope everyone has a good week end.