PDA

View Full Version : Not much night owling

toggpine
April 1st, 2017, 03:18 AM
I've taken the final steps to be come a para educator with the school district. With the onset of milking season, this means I have to be up early to get the chores done before I go to "work". If I have to be up at 5:30, then I have to go to bed about the same time as the kiddo.
Our elementary school office manager kind of badgered me to get the paperwork done. They have had a number of vacant positions and they need several of them filled immediately. So I start Monday.
Good news is that I'll have a job so we can put a new roof on to keep it from raining in the bathrooms! Bad news is I'll have less time during the day to sew and I imagine I'll be tuckered out after running with kindergarteners all day!

We are expecting more baby goats starting tomorrow and through next week.

So that's what's up in my neck of the woods. What's up in your tree?

Judy, USMC
April 1st, 2017, 05:32 AM
It sounds like you will be avoiding tripping over baby goats and kindergarteners.

The April schedule is filling up with medical appointments between Steve and I. in fact we have 3 just on Tuesday! Luckily they are all in town. But Thursday is a trip out of town to the Cardiovascular surgeon to see if they can do another repair to his mitral vavle. He is hoping they can do something that is minimally invasive. He doesn't want to go through the same pain he had when he had his quad bypass in 2010.

I'm having a problem with a swollen area in my thigh that needs to be MRI'd to figure out what it is.

Aches and pains and a lot of the budget going toward gasoline! Fortunately we try to make the out of town trips into a mini vacation and stay overnight. Eating a good meal without having to do kitchen clean up is always a good thing in my book.

Anyone else up and ready to check in?

Granny Judy
April 1st, 2017, 06:56 AM
Awake and playing on the computer, I've done all the puzzles I could find. Just a short nap and I was wide awake tonight. eeekk , I hate these short sleeps.

Waiting for fabric I ordered to do a baby quilt for a niece. Finishing up a quilt for my Grand daughter who just got married. I flew to Texas to be there for the wedding this past week.

We were out and grabbed groceries today and celebrated DD#2's Hubby's birthday. He likes to have us remember his B/D, but doesn't want a fuss made over it. LOL. Like we don't sing the HB song to him while he turns red and smiles.

Hope to go to Big Lots and walk around.. Not interested in getting anything but some exercise. I already bought a pair of shoes from 6pm.com (http://6pm.com)

kimsophia
April 2nd, 2017, 06:33 AM
I've not been much of a night owl myself lately...I just woke up so I guess I am an early bird. I have been making felt toys for the past couple of days. I have been bookmarking felt food and toys for more than a year and am using tutorials to make them. I'm glad I have a walking foot because that felt is thick. I learned how to move the needle through the batting in quilting and that trick is serving me well in this project. I'm using invisible thread. I've always thought felt toys are super cute.

Out of the 50 brackets I filled out on the two different ESPN NCAA tournament challenges, I have three that are currently eligible for the drawing and in all three I put UNC to win. I'm pretty sure the computer generated these brackets although I may have tweaked them a little. So if UNC wins then I will have three entries in their two drawings but of course the odds of being drawn are tiny. But if the Zags win my odds are zero because I won't be in the top one percent and therefore ineligible...lol

Our contractor hasn't been able to come and work here due to rainy weather. The MidAmerica Energy Auditor says we don't need additional insulation in the attic after all as we have 13 inches up there. So, that should save us some money. We can still get a rebate on weatherstripping the doors, though.

I'd like to get out and plant spinach seeds but the soil temperature is still too low. No daffodil blooms yet. In fact, not even the bloom stalks are up, just leaves.

Best wishes to all. :)