PDA

View Full Version : Eclipse!

sassygranny
March 31st, 2017, 08:39 PM
Did y'all realize that Hamilton, MO is going to be smack dab in the middle of the solar eclipse this summer? I've been looking at the eclipse path today. There are a few choices of places we can easily drive to in order to experience the totality. But, for those for whom it's not so handy, it seems like a great opportunity/excuse to go to Hamilton, to me!

Here's a link to a site where you can see the path:

http://www.space.com/35495-where-to-see-2017-total-solar-eclipse.html

shirleyknot
March 31st, 2017, 09:26 PM
Maybe there should be an eclipse party.......

SallyO'Sews
April 1st, 2017, 01:13 AM
Looks like we won't get any of it here in Connecticut... Guess maybe it's time to schedule a pilgrimage to Hamilton! :D

Suzette
April 1st, 2017, 09:22 AM
Where I live we are right in the path of totality as well. Very excited!!

MRoy
April 1st, 2017, 10:02 AM
An area in Western Ky is predicted to be where the eclipse will be greatest. "A spot between the towns of Princeton and Hopkinsville — along Cerulean Hopkinsville Road (Route 624) and just to the east of the intersection with J Stewart Cemetery Road — is where astronomers predict that the point of "greatest eclipse" will occur." Hopkinsville is already planning for it.

Navy Wife
April 1st, 2017, 01:04 PM
I would love to go to Missouri, but we have 99.9% total eclipse right here in Knoxville, so I think I'll just sit in my back yard! I saw a total eclipse years ago in Memphis. It was eerie! Well worth traveling to see it.

Snip Snip
April 1st, 2017, 09:28 PM
Here near Cape Girardeau, MO, we will be getting a good view! This article said the longest duration of "totality" would be seen at Giant City State Park, in Illinois. That is a beautiful place to go if you ever get a chance. But I wouldn't advise it for the eclipse; it will probably be full of folks coming from miles around that won't have it at their house.
Southern Illinois is planning a lot of parties. SIU at Carbondale is going to be a mecca, I think, for astronomers/scientists.
It is going to be a big deal here. I sure hope we don't get a cloudy spell!

pjyoder414@yahoo.com
April 2nd, 2017, 03:47 AM
Doesn't look I will be able to see this one. For those that can see it, enjoy

betteboop57
July 19th, 2017, 12:54 PM
Where I live we are right in the path of totality as well. Very excited!!

Curious to know is there a place where an 'out of towner' can go that we would be able to park/bring chairs? Is there a community center, YMCA, Library, college or a nice park?

Oh and of course a place to eat!!! :)

Thank you in advance!
Bette