PDA

View Full Version : when tomorrow dawns.....

bubba
March 31st, 2017, 04:05 AM
We were supposed to go to the doctor last Friday to get stints removed. He was in too much pain and I could not get him to my car, let alone force him to ride in the car for 80 miles round trip that I called and cancelled. I could not even get him dressed!

Today was not a good day. Probably the worst one since we have been home. He is shaking, he can't eat (he managed to eat a tomato and some peaches, but that was all he wanted all day. He did want pizza, which I got him and he took one bite and said he could not eat it.), and he is in a lot of pain. He did weigh himself today and since he has been home (ten days), he has lost 20 pounds!! We are both exhausted. We have another appointment on Friday, the 31st. If I can't get him dressed and to my car, I am calling 911 and will have him taken to the emergency room.

I am not a nurse. I am at my wits end. I don't know what to do. Please wish us luck and keep us in your thoughts.

kaydee
March 31st, 2017, 04:13 AM
Sounds like he needs to be placed into extended care.

He seems to be suffering way more than I would have expected. I hope he gets some help tomorrow!

Kgrammiecaz
March 31st, 2017, 04:19 AM
I agree, he seems to be having much more trouble recovering than normal. So sorry you are both going through this. He probably does need to be checked to find out what is going on. Sending prayers your way.

sew-what2015
March 31st, 2017, 06:11 AM
Prayers continue for both of you.

Monique
March 31st, 2017, 06:59 AM
I will say prayers for you.

Simply Quilting
March 31st, 2017, 07:10 AM
Continued prayers for both of you.

peggiep
March 31st, 2017, 07:34 AM
I will continue to pray for you both.

Carol336
March 31st, 2017, 07:40 AM
{{{{{HUGS}}}} and prayers Pat.

shirleyknot
March 31st, 2017, 07:56 AM
911 is exactly what you need to do. This is NOT right, at all.

Ginny B
March 31st, 2017, 08:09 AM
Oh my gosh Pat. So sorry to hear he is having such a rough recovery. I hope some help and answers are given to you today.

KarenC
March 31st, 2017, 08:38 AM
Continued prayers for you guys. Hoping today is the start of good news

Cathy F
March 31st, 2017, 08:47 AM
Pat, my thoughts and prayers go out to you both. That is a tough surgery, my best friend's husband went through that and was in the hospital for over two weeks. Hugs to you no one knows what a hard job being a caregiver is until they are in those shoes. You are doing an excellent job.
Plan B calling 911 sounds like an excellent plan as they can make him more comfortable for the transporting to get him checked out at the hospital.

seaturtle
March 31st, 2017, 09:10 AM
Pat, my thoughts and prayers are with you guys - that you would be able to get him dressed and to the appointment. i don't know anything about his type of surgery, but I'm praying that the worse is behind him. But if you can't get him there, then plan B sounds like a wise decision.

Star lover
March 31st, 2017, 09:13 AM
Continuing in prayer for comfort, healing, strength. Also asking for wisdom, that you do what is right for you both....whatever that may be.

Sandy Navas
March 31st, 2017, 09:16 AM
My heart goes out to you both! Prayers continue!!

Wyora
March 31st, 2017, 11:43 AM
Please, if the pain can't be controlled get him to an ER even if it means calling 911. He shouldn't be suffering like this and as others have said, its not sounding normal. Discomfort after a surgery is normal. Levels of pain so high he can't get out of bed, can't eat and has lost that much weight are not normal.

My father had surgery for cancer a few years ago. He complained about pain and my mother and I just told him to take his meds. He kept complaining about pain and saying the wound was red, inflamed and oozing. Long story made short, he ended up having 3 emergency surgeries due to one of the devices that was implanted was contaminated from the manufacturer. Please get your husband to see a medical professional to take care of the pain and make sure there isn't anything else going on.

songbird857
March 31st, 2017, 11:56 AM
Praying here, Pat :)
I agree with the others - MM needs to be seen by someone, ASAP -

Julie A
March 31st, 2017, 12:10 PM
This doesn't sound right. He needs to get to doc, even if 911 is the only way to do this. Did doc tell you to expect this weight loss and issues, and is what he is experiencing within those limits? Please make sure the doc is told all that I going on - just isn't what family member and friend experienced with their surgery. Thoughts with you today....

JCY
March 31st, 2017, 12:23 PM
Uncontrollable pain definitely is a reason to get him to the hosp. He's not eating, so he probably needs IVs for dehydration & nutritional supplement. Get DH to the hosp. ASAP, even if you have to call an ambulance. Extended care for a while after hospitalization is reasonable. He needs care by medical professionals. You should not have to carry this burden alone. Has there been no visiting nurse or home care help for you any of this time? Take care of yourself. Thoughts & prayers continue for you both. God bless!

EnumclawGramma
March 31st, 2017, 01:08 PM
Oh my Pat! I am SO sorry you two are going through this. Prayers continue, please update as you can. It's hard, I know, but also please take care of YOU.

redcaboose1717
March 31st, 2017, 01:12 PM
I think a call to his doctor would be in order. I would ask the Dr. if I could take him somewhere close to you to get evaluated ASAP....
Has he been taking his pain meds regularly ? ( If he was given them that is )
This doesn't sound good......I would make a call to the doctor right away. No one should suffer like that....poor guy.

MHG Winnower
March 31st, 2017, 01:46 PM
I am so very sad for both of you and, like the others before me, I encourage you to call 911 and get him in for a needed check somewhere. Sometimes the toughest decisions to make are the best ones for all concerned, and you can't do it all without compromising your health as well. He is one lucky man to have someone who is so caring.

shirleyknot
March 31st, 2017, 01:53 PM
I hope by now you have found help.......

LauraP
March 31st, 2017, 02:03 PM
according to the date this was written today! Bubba, have you figured out that today IS Friday the 31st?

Caroline T.
March 31st, 2017, 02:06 PM
Pat, I am hoping you haven't responded yet because either MM is finally resting comfortably and you are getting some much needed rest, or that you have convinced him that a 911 call is in order and are at the hospital where they can give him something stronger that will ease his pain, and get some IV fluids/nutrition into him.

My thoughts and prayers continue to be with both of you.

mommadeb
March 31st, 2017, 04:03 PM
That is awful to hear. I hope he starts feeling better soon. You both need that.

KPH
March 31st, 2017, 05:01 PM
I've been thinking about both of you all day. I hope he's been able to see someone. Prayers for comfort, peace and the grace of a healing touch.

shirleyknot
March 31st, 2017, 06:08 PM
hoping for good news

cv quilter
March 31st, 2017, 07:37 PM
Pat, so very sorry for this news, and for your DH and the pain he is living with. I hope that you have found help for this situation. There has got to be an answer other than "take him home and nurse him back to health" Something appears to be very wrong in his healing process, likely due to some infection that can't be detected until you obtain emergent medical care. Will continue prayers, but you also need medical intervention.

Angelia
March 31st, 2017, 08:07 PM
I keep checking and hoping for good news--my thoughts are with you both.

Carolnnc
March 31st, 2017, 09:05 PM
Thinking about you guys and praying constantly that things will resolve quickly.

grandma nurse
March 31st, 2017, 09:14 PM
Hoping for a good update. Prayers continue.

Grandma G
March 31st, 2017, 09:47 PM
This is not a good situation for either of you. I would think he would be better off in the hospital until they can get his pain under control. Losing that much weight so quickly may also be affecting his immune system which is not good. I'm hoping and praying that the doctor figures out a better care plan for him. Makes you wonder what in the world they are thinking. Please know you are in my thoughts and prayers.

kgirlmom
March 31st, 2017, 10:02 PM
Pat, know your friends here are 100 percent behind you with support and prayers. Prayers for the pain MM is experiencing to be eased as well as the burden you both are carrying. Hang in there girl.

cashs_mom
April 1st, 2017, 01:18 AM
I have nothing to add that hasn't already been said. Sending prayers for both of you.