PDA

View Full Version : Apparently I got the t-shirts I ordered today

Hulamoon
March 29th, 2017, 11:27 PM
According to the tracker they were delivered this morning at 11. Do the delivery people get some kind of commission if they push a button that says 'delivered' and sneak back the next day. If you work at the PO can you tell us why they fib to us? I'm so annoyed. lol

Kgrammiecaz
March 29th, 2017, 11:33 PM
I agree. Several of my packages have showb delivered and dont show up for another day or two.

kaydee
March 30th, 2017, 12:07 AM
Maybe the package wasn't addressed correctly, and therefore was misdelivered?

Or maybe it was just misdelivered. I once received a package from a pricey clothing store that should have gone to a home three blocks from me. The address was correct. PO just misdelivered. (I took the package to the correct address.)

Hulamoon
March 30th, 2017, 12:13 AM
I use Paypal so my address is on file.

I'm not that upset. If it get's to the island I'm happy. I just felt like complaining.:D

redcaboose1717
March 30th, 2017, 12:20 AM
Are you sure it wasn't possibly stolen Lorie ? I just seen an article in our local paper where someone caught a thief stealing a package that contained school books from his neighbors back steps......The man called the cops and held the robber until the city police arrived.
MY thought was "Just what did this guy think he was going to do with the school supplies he stole ? " .....Honestly. While this happened right in the city....in our neighborhood(we live in a suburb about 6 miles from the city.) we all watch out for each other. IF someone next door is supposed to get a package, we pay attention to see when UPS or the USPS mail truck arrives. Then we go over to the neighbor ( who works until 6:30 pm ) and we put the package either in the garage in a cupboard or in the back door.......depending on what the neighbors ask us to do. Our neighbors on each side do this for us as well.....

Hope the mail was just late........

Hulamoon
March 30th, 2017, 12:58 AM
It's awful that people do that. I live across from a cow pasture and the delivery person has to walk a bit to the house. I don't think anyone will come here or my lazy cat will give them the lazy eye.

bubba
March 30th, 2017, 01:02 AM
Our neighbor watched our garage one night in the middle of the deep, dark night. Yep, she watched burglars come not only once, but they left, unloaded and came back for more! Did not call police....you know, they never come....and did not bother to get the license plate number off their car. She moved shortly afterwards....

MSN
March 30th, 2017, 01:12 AM
Several years ago, I ordered something from a local company that was to be a Christmas gift. When it had not arrived by December 20, I called the company. They insisted that UPS said they had delivered the package to my address on December 13. We went round and round, with them insisting it had been delivered, and me insisting that it had not. Three days later, the company relented and agreed to give me a replacement, if I would pick it up at their headquarters. I dashed over there after work and picked up the replacement gift. When I got home, the package was on my doorstep--a full 10 days after UPS said they delivered it. I've always wondered where that package hid out for 10 days.

In case you were wondering, I did call the company from which I had purchased the gift and told them that the original package had now been delivered. When I returned it to them, I felt somewhat vindicated to prove that I was really not scamming them.

Iris Girl
March 30th, 2017, 06:19 AM
I had ordered a couple things due last week. Tracking said delivered then changed to box obstructed call PO . Our boxes are all at the entrance to our park in 5 big boxes and never obstructed (unless more then 5 are stopping in their cars to get the mail at the same time) because they plow it out. So I called the PO and asked if it was there, no she said our reg driver was on vacay and the sub didn't have a good handle on how and what to do?!!*&)? really? We checked next day and they were there. Apparently the driver had never done community boxes where you have a large locker for large parcels and you put the key in the box of the recipient. Really??? did they let the mail sorter drive the route that week? Our boxes look similar to these.141513

Star lover
March 30th, 2017, 07:06 AM
We have "lost" numerous packages to the po. The tracking would say delivered - nope. Call the po. PO says it was. Suggesting they were stolen. They would do nothing, no matter how much I insisted that I doubted they were stolen.

We had at the time a rural mail box and most packages will fit unnoticed. Our mail carrier has to be one of the worse. Since so many things have never arrived, we watch for her. Where we live I can see all the way down the street. She turns the corner, parks, sorts. Delivers mail across the street to one house, back across the street to another. She ping pongs to about 4-5 house. Sorts, moves truck, parks, sorts again, ping pongs. Repeat the entire block. If they're packages, more ping pong, drop kicks larger packages. Mention this to PO, they don't care.
Soooo, we watch and get the mail from her hand. I recently ordered from M*. The package was to be delivered on x day. Went to get it, sub (she frequently has a sub, since it's hard to see address in the dark - yeah that late). No package ..... well, things can get delayed. Went inside, checked tracking, says delivered. Rats, here we go. Called PO. Since I mentioned I got it from her hand they couldn't say that it was stolen. The guy called every day for about 4 days, then nothing. The M* order was split into a few packages cause of stock delays and this was the first to arrive. I called M* to find out what was in the package. M* being who they are sent me replacement items.
I love M*!

songbird857
March 30th, 2017, 08:17 AM
LOL Lorie -
A few weeks back, my daughter was waiting for a package. Her email showed that an attempt was made to deliver at such and such a time. No answer, so a notice was left.
We were home at the supposed time they tried to deliver, and there was no notice... they delivered it the next day.

pjyoder414@yahoo.com
March 30th, 2017, 08:23 AM
I guess I've been fortunate. I haven't had problems. Now watch just because I said that I will have problems, lol.

I have UPS choice and I get notification the day before an item is out for delivery and then the day of delivery. It also tells you if it UPS or if they handed it off to post office for final delivery.

Of course that doesn't work if the shipper sends out directly to PO, then I have to rely on the merchants info.

cashs_mom
March 30th, 2017, 02:38 PM
I had that happen. I looked everywhere around my house then decided to check with my neighbors since I've received packages and mail that wasn't mine. I started with my neighbor who was 92 or 93 then. She rarely used her front door and so might not have noticed it. I walked over and there it was sitting on her front porch. I checked and both our houses have the address clearly marked on the the curb. *sigh* And don't get me started on Amazon's "contract" delivery people. Next time I'm not delivering their box to the right street. I'm just going to tell Amazon it's there and they have 3 days to pick it up or I'm trashing it.

Hulamoon
March 30th, 2017, 02:49 PM
Well they came late in the day. I have had that happen before where they come twice. They missed it in their truck or something. I really never have problems with the PO. I was just in a complaining mood and the TV doesn't talk back. lol

bubba
March 30th, 2017, 04:06 PM
We used to have a mailman who would not bring packages to our door. He always put a slip in the box and we would have to go pick it up at the office. I complained several times. We moved the mailbox back to our porch where it had been originally. He quite delivering our mail! I complained again. Seems you are not allowed to move your mailbox w/out permission....really? It's my mailbox and we only put it back where it was to begin with! You didn't complain when we moved it the first time!

Anyway, these slips went on for months and every time I went to the office I'd complain to the manager there. He says he talked to the guy and the guy told him he was afraid to come in our yard because of mean dogs. I told him we do not have mean dogs and besides that, the back yard is fenced off from the front and the dogs are never in the front yard. I told them if we were not home the dogs were always in the house and in their crates. Finally, the manager came to see these vicious dogs....they licked him to death. He declared them not dangerous at all.

Still we kept getting slips for packages with the mailman claiming we were not home. Then I realized we have surveillance video, so MM compiled a video of the mailman over several days where you could clearly see he put slips into the mailbox without bothering to come in the yard. I went above the manager this time and went directly to the post office general and had a nice meeting with him where he watched the videos. I explained how long this had been going on and he was cranky! The manager was replaced and so was the mailman, never to be seen again.

I just remembered, one day I went to the office to get a package and I was so made after speaking to the manager that I lost my temper and got quite loud. He threatened to call the police when I hear 'don't bother, I am the police!' I turned around and there was one of my favorite deputies who then proceeded to tell the manager he was wrong!

BethB
March 30th, 2017, 07:48 PM
A couple of weeks ago, I ordered a pair of sandals from QVC. Email said it was to be delivered March 14. We had the "big" snowstorm on the 14th (about 20 inches) and the delivery was delayed. Everyday after that I would get an email that told me the pkg. was "out for delivery" and every evening, the email would say "because of an emergency or severe weather, your pkg. is delayed." This went on for several days. I finally called QVC and the guy tried to tell me that because they keep telling me it is "out for delivery", they have the pkg. He did offer to send me a replacement which I received March 21 --- still getting the same messages on the original pkg. Finally, I phoned UPS and spoke to a lady who took all the info on the original pkg. and the replacement. Then someone from their loss dept. called and went over everything. She said they should not be using the emergency or severe weather emails anymore because that is over. She said she felt the pkg. was lost. Now I am waiting to see if, some day, several years down the road, a beat up box from QVC arrives with those sandals in it. Only time will tell!!!

redcaboose1717
March 30th, 2017, 07:53 PM
It's awful that people do that. I live across from a cow pasture and the delivery person has to walk a bit to the house. I don't think anyone will come here or my lazy cat will give them the lazy eye.

My cat would do the same thing......and try to convince them to get into his treat jar to give him a treat.......a watch cat Mason is not !

So, Lorie did you get your package yet ?

Wyora
March 31st, 2017, 11:46 AM
I've had this happen a few times. I finally figured out that the "delivery" notification was sent to me when UPS delivered the package to the local Post Office. They then delivered the package to me the next day.