PDA

View Full Version : Wednesday, oh Wednesday

Monique
March 29th, 2017, 07:31 AM
I wasn't even sure what day it was. Good morning. I have been up for a while, hubby left tv running and I had to get up and shut it off and guess what? I couldn't get back to sleep. I keep asking him to set a timer but nooooooooooo. It is a good thing I don't have to work today.

I took a drive yesterday. I had forgotten my shoes on Friday. Then I stopped at the post office I will be working at on Friday. Picked up keys and codes. And then if was off to Shawville to pick up insulin for Les. We have a new pharmacy in town. I can't see them doing well. It's a long story to that but I had to check it out and I had a coupon for free soap and a box of kleenex. You can't beat free. There was no one in the store except the employees. I was met with 3. Then I went to my regular pharmacy where everyone knows your name, lol!! Came home and decided to take laptop to library and download some programs. I now have Season 5 of Highway thru Hell to watch. And of course The Young and the Restless.

I didn't do much in the way of sewing until after Les had left for work. I have now completed stitching in the ditch on the memory quilt. Now I need to quilt around the guitar in the centre of the quilt, bind it and voila, done. Then it can go to it's forever home to be cherished.

Today I really need to get some groceries. I have been waiting for payday and yes I got paid today. Mother Hubbard's cupboard is pretty bare. Les may come with me and I really hope not. I shop better on my own.

Yesterday I made an online purchase from 4my3boyz. I have bought from them before and this time I purchased Houston Astros fabric. This is the first time I have seen it. I have a sports quilt to make for Greg. OH and look, FREE SHIPPING is today's daily deal here. CRAPIOLA!! Oh well!!

On that note, have a wonderful day everyone.

Star lover
March 29th, 2017, 07:39 AM
Yup Wednesday .... where has the week gone, just flying by. I saw the golden orb briefly yesterday .... oh she was pretty. It wasn't warm, only 40's but so nice to see her. She's suppose to make an appearance today too! Yeah. But tomorrow ....oh the dreaded white stuff and it's suppose to accumulate! Rats! I've listened to the radio now for over an hour and still they say accumulation, with no amount, so I'm hoping that we won't get much. Even if we do, it's suppose to be in the 50's for the weekend. If they're right. Got some sewing in yesterday too. Not as much as I'd hoped, but I'll take what I can get. Hope everyone has a wonderful day!

Bubby
March 29th, 2017, 07:59 AM
Morning Everyone....I was very busy yesterday. Our neighbor who had surgery Monday had a complication and had to be rushed back into surgery yesterday. He is doing fine now and should be home today. Their cats have missed them but one of them has decided to make up with me. I wondered how many years it would take for one of them to come out of the shadows and meet me.

My sewing room is a real mess right now. I feel like I need to make up some care packages and send them out.

Wishing everyone a positive day....Hugs All Around

Cathy F
March 29th, 2017, 08:24 AM
Morning all,
Up early today have a lot to accomplish so an early start is good!
Not sure of the weather yet, don't know where the temps will be today, no sun out yet. Yesterday brought a thunderstorm and rain.

Had my folded wreath class yesterday and it was so much fun and felt good to sit and sew. It was an easy project and all it needs now is some beads to stitch on to join my pieces together. Will post a picture when it's done. One Christmas gift done! I decided whatever cute class I take this year will be done in Christmas fabric and put away as a gift to try to beat the Christmas rush and make the holidays more relaxing. Let's see if I actually accomplish that.
Today I'm off to assemble gift bags for a Caregiver's Day of Renewal. Saturday I will be volunteering at the event and we will be pampering Caregiver's at a luncheon. We want to let them know that we appreciate what they do for their loved ones.
Off to get my coffee and put a hustle in my bustle, wishing all a good day.

Iris Girl
March 29th, 2017, 08:46 AM
Morning all. I see clear sky and sun coming up over the mountain!!!! Hooray! 3 loads of laundry out on the line. Made Lasagna sauce yesterday for dinner today, so will just have to build the lasagna. Snow is almost gone. Have all the parts for the blocks cut for the butterfly quilt will work on that today. Not much else going on. A co-worker has decided to quit smoking yay!! I gave him the incentive if he can quit and stay quit by Christmas I will make him a quilt. He is on the patch and taking chantix and doing well. Another not so nice co worker asked him if he wanted to go out for a smoke with them..He declined.
Have a wonderful day all. The turtle quilt is washed dried and in the box.

grammaterry
March 29th, 2017, 10:58 AM
It's supposed to be 70today and 40 tomorrow! Ah spring. I'm going to the restaurant to do chores and thaw meat for tomorrow. I'd like to work on the new room .Maybe tonight. Tulips are blooming, hostas are peeking up as well as the Asian lollies. Of course,that means weeding and mowing are just around the corner. Hope you all have a great day

seaturtle
March 29th, 2017, 11:07 AM
Morning all,

It's supposed to hit 83 here today. We are living in a yellow fog from all the pollen. Things are blooming and the bugs are out. Life is in full spring in GA! I'll be picking my DGS up after school. I thought we might head to the park, but I may need to wear a mask.

Have a great day, everyone.

JCY
March 29th, 2017, 11:55 AM
Good Morning ~ No golden orb here this a.m. Just clouds & 42 deg. We got some much needed good soaking rain yest. Tomorrow is supposed to be the pick day of the week with sunny & 66 deg. I'll run my errands tomorrow. More rain is expected on the wk.-end. The skiers always are happy for these late spring snow storms in the mts.

Yest. was DH's dental appt. The dentist was able to do all 3 fillings in the 1 hr. time slot, so now he's done. While he was at the dentist's, I made a run to W-M for a few items, incl. a new battery for DH's watch. He bought that Timex watch 24 yrs. ago at W-M. I suppose we've paid out more than the cost of the watch in batteries over the years. When he completed his 25 yrs. with a major corp. he was gifted a Rolex watch. It lasted one year!

I worked on the quilt barely 1 hr. yest. eve. I'm using Angela Walters' Starburst pattern for the middle 9-P section of the block. Since I'm working on the opposite end of the quilt, which I had turned for easier access, I got started going the wrong direction. Fortunately I discovered it after only 3 lines (instead of 12!), so ripping out was minimal.

My clothes dryer has been making some new noises. DH wants me to start researching dryers. Our dryer is a gold colored GE which we've had 42 yrs. He bought it new the year before we were married. I think he replaced the heating coil once & the belt once. It's been a faithful work horse, but it may be wearing out. I don't want a fancy high efficiency dryer. Just simple controls, a product that gets the job done & won't bite the dust in 5 yrs. or less. It seems like most products any more aren't built to last. I probably will need to buy from a local appliance dealer so it can be installed. One dryer I looked at comes with no vent kit or even a cord!

I'm getting hungry; it's time for breakfast.

KarenC
March 29th, 2017, 03:04 PM
Well it's now afternoon, and I'm on lunch break. We had bad storms roll through this morning, but the weather appears to be clearing now. Hopefully it will be nice by the time we drive home later today.

JCT - A dryer that lasted 42 years! Wow, I have to agree, I doubt that you find one of those again. Mine usually last more than 5 years, but not that long. I dread the day I have to shop for a new washer or dryer. Since I just moved to a new construction home, and the only old major appliances that came with me are washer and dryer, I'm hoping they last at least a few years before I need to replace them.
I need to go shopping for a weed wacker so I can edge the yard this weekend. Want a battery operated one so I don't have to mess with gas gumming up engines. I have a battery powered lawn mower and I feel like I'm a little kid again walking behind the plastic mower while Dad is mowing. That thing is super light, but works like a charm for my new postage stamp size yard. Well, at least compared to the huge yard I had before.

Now that the old house is sold (except for closing in a month), I don't have that to worry about, so I think I can convince myself to get back to quilting. Need to do the binding on a wall hanging, and then decide how to quilt the next top. Going to visit a friend in Albuquerque at the end of April. Her daughter is due in June. Maybe I'll search through the scraps and make her a baby quilt. This is her first boy after two girls, so everything she has is pink. Besides, she is one that I know appreciates the gifts I give her. We'll see how things go. If not, I can always whip up one of Jenny's quilts with the gauze on one side and the minky self binding from the back. Those are super simple.

Cathy - glad you liked your wreath class. I have been holding off on new classes, as I try hard to get rid of some UFOs.

April starts on Saturday, and I am counting down on the work front. Still get nervous about retiring when I think of the stock market, but knowing me, I'd always worry, so in 6.5 weeks I get to give my notice at work, and be retired in 9 weeks. DD and DS both say I will probably be busier than I am now. They're probably right. I have so much I want to do!

That's my life for now. Rain keeps coming and going. Lunch time is over, so I guess I'll get back to doing what they pay me for. Enjoy the rest of your day everyone.