PDA

View Full Version : It's a Tuesday kind of day today

Monique
March 28th, 2017, 08:24 AM
It is overcast this morning. We may see sunshine later today. It rained most of yesterday.

I did get some quilting done, it seems to be going ever so slowly. So I will poke away at that again today. And then sewing room needs a cleaning again.

I have to go back to the place I worked on Friday as I left my shoes there. So that is pretty well what is on the agenda today but you never know when things will change.

Have a great day everyone.

Star lover
March 28th, 2017, 08:26 AM
Overcast here today too. And they're saying maybe some sun later. Is that that shing thing in the sky? I can only hope. Been so long since I've seen it, I almost forget how it looks and feels.
Did get some sewing done too yesterday. Completed 1 row of a quilt, looks good sew far! Only 6 more to go and then some border.
Ah, cleaning....never ends. Hope everyone also has a great day!

KPH
March 28th, 2017, 08:35 AM
We have a nibble/ interest on the house! I'm amazed!

Planning on working on Peacock Isle, getting the first round of borders on so I can take it to the LQS to shop for border fabric. What do you get to go with Kaffe and Violet! It should be a fun trip around petting the fabric.

The 'pre-inspection' check list is almost completed. The bat guy came in yesterday. We had 4 bats between the interior screen and gables. He got 2 out and installed the set up to get the other two out. they can't get back in. He'll come back Thursday to seal the screens on the outside of the gables and final clean up and bug spraying inside. Who knew bat bugs look like bed bugs? I sure didn't. Once he's done that list will be completed.

Hopefully our nibble will turn into a bite!

Have a wonderful day!

Carlie Wolf
March 28th, 2017, 08:46 AM
Rainy and damp here this morning and rained all last night. Carlie was freaked out last night from about 10PM on. She insisted I go to bed early so she could snuggle real close. Laying at my feet under the desk would not suffice. Then she woke me up again at 3AM crying and whining. But no thunder or lightening all night although that was the way she was acting. I suspect it is something atmospheric since I had bad headaches on and off all day yesterday.

I did get quite a bit of odds and ends sewing done yesterday. I pulled out the old large stash of pink and lime green seersucker I inherited last night and started cutting. I decided to make PURR cat mats out of it. I'm going to use blocks from that adorable cat quilt Jennie had as a tutorial awhile ago. I have 4 or 5 yards of each and I've fallen behind in the amount of cat mats I use to make for the shelter.

Hope you all have a good day :-)

Iris Girl
March 28th, 2017, 08:51 AM
Morning all. Dark and stormy here also, heavier rain in the afternoon. Sunshine tomorrow!!! lets hope. Did some sewing on the blocks for the butterfly quilt...then realized I had only cut for 12 blocks not 16. so back to cutting for those. ran out of one of the fabrics but substituted with another will be fine. Have a great day all.

peggiep
March 28th, 2017, 08:58 AM
Cloudy, overcast but above freezing this morning. One of these days the sun will shine and take away all the snow! (although there is some of the white stuff forecast for the end of the week). March is supposed to come in like a lion and out like a lamb, but it seems this year it will go out roaring the same way as it came in! Mother Nature is off kilter, or something!

Bowling today, but not before I attack the linen closet. I have to downsize on the number of sheets, towels, etc. that we have -- I can't help it, I love linen, which is probably why I love quilting. Just love to pet fabric!

Doubt that there will much time for sewing today, although I have a binding to sew down on one of the Secret Santa gifts, unless I get it done after I come home. Although I thoroughly enjoy bowling in the fall and winter, by the time spring rolls around, I would rather be doing something else. Oh well, almost over. Playoffs start this week.

Have a wonderful day everyone. Hope the sun shines in your world today.

songbird857
March 28th, 2017, 10:14 AM
Morning all...
Catching up a bit here, since I've only been popping in and out the past few weeks!
I'm on a deadline - I'm entering a contest with Martelli - I'll show y'all the finished result (probably after the contest ;)). I've got to get it out the door by Friday - no pressure ;)
One of the bands I'm in played this weekend - what a blast. I seriously have way too much fun with this particular bunch of folks... we don't play together frequently because it's a blend of people from like 3 or 4 different bands; it's so cool when we get to jam.

Kind of grey here today - seems like many are having rainy weather! I don't mind. I'll get into the sewing room, and get some groceries later - have a wonderful day all!!

JCY
March 28th, 2017, 10:41 AM
Good morning ~ Yest. we had sun & 72 deg. I took advantage of the good weather to change the bed, air the pillows outside, & did 3 loads of laundry. Today we're getting some much needed rain. I hope it will be a good soaker. Not looking forward to paddling around it, however. DH has a dentist appt. While he's there, I'll run to Wal-Mart for a few items. His watch battery died yest., so I'll get a replacement.

I'm still on the search for a replacement coffee for what I've used for years & no longer is available. I need to call a couple places today. I'm considering ordering from either New England Coffee in MA or The Roasterie in MO.

I did FMQ on the 9-P Star quilt yest. I try to do a little bit each day. It takes so much longer using the rulers. Basically I have 3 blocks left to do, so it's coming along.

I learned today that my friend Shirley is in the hosp. with pneumonia. She's a fellow quilter; she grew up in Amish country in PA. Please say some healing prayers for her.

Well, time to get on with my day.

Grandma G
March 28th, 2017, 11:39 AM
A little gloomy here with nasty weather on tap for tomorrow. Great - I have a hair appointment in the morning. Oh, well.
I've been out of touch with the forum for a while. While I was on vacation last October a medical issue reared its ugly head and had to have surgery when I got back home. And now I have a torn meniscus in my left knee. Don't know how I managed to do that. Have had a couple of injections while hopefully the tear heals. Then the ortho doc asks me, "what are you going to do about your weight?" Ugh. Like I needed to hear that. So I pulled up my really big girl panties and have lost more than 18 pounds with a bunch more to go. You know what I like about getting old??? Not very much except for having time to quilt.

Managed to finish a quilt top that was on my bucket list. I'm going to send it off to M* for quilting but am having a dickens of a time deciding on color thread and quilting design.

I hope everyone has a wonderful day!! Stay safe, dry and warm wherever you are!