PDA

View Full Version : when life gives you lemons.................. ADD VODKA

Mimi_Howard
March 28th, 2017, 12:57 AM
at least that is how I feel right now. Anxiety is not my friend for sure and lately life has certainly given me a run for the money. I spent all day sunday cooking ahead of time meals for my father for I have to leave town (actually the state - about 5 - 6 hr. drive) from Wed thru... hopefully only Sat. Honey of mine has medical procedure and needs watching for 24 hours, make sure his lung doesn't collapse. Been in long distance relationship for like 13 years or so. He spends summers here, it work for us. I digress. Car has one of the major milestone maintenance visits tomorrow, including brakes and plugs... big dent on credit card there. And so tonight I go to sew to mellow out, sun going down so go to hit the light switch and NUFFIN!!!!! ELECTRICAL issues. No voltage to the switch in the sewing room, the only switch in the house too that is affected! So when I get back from my nursing visit, I get to make a date with an electrician. Might just take 1/2 of a happy pill and call it a night. Thanks for letting me vent!

But one good thing did happen.. My fathers monthly visit to doctor today was a good one. His bad numbers are getting better!

stationarymom
March 28th, 2017, 01:13 AM
They say when it rains it pours,I hope things go well for your friend.I understand about anxiety it's terrible when it controls you.Make sure to take some deep cleansing breaths they do help.

KarenC
March 28th, 2017, 01:44 AM
I hope you have a safe trip and things go well with your honey. Before rushing to call the electrician, have you checked your breaker to make sure it didn't get tripped? Just a thought.

Mimi_Howard
March 28th, 2017, 01:52 AM
We did the breaker thing twice... father got out voltage meter.. The wires going to the switch have very little power. And thank goodness my father doesn't have the proper equipment to track down where the stoppage is. He is 83 with severe health issues, I don't need him attempting a job like this. Of course mentally he is still very young! Aren't we all for that matter! Whats wierd is the other socket is still live but it isn't controlled by a on/off switch.

Judy, USMC
March 28th, 2017, 03:06 AM
Is the plug that is not working controlled by an on/off switch? If so, and the switch is on but there is still low voltage, it may just be that the switch has worn out. Easy fix so fingers crossed that is the only problem.

I'm taking care of my husband also ... I can understand your stress! Have a safe trip.

Carol336
March 28th, 2017, 07:35 AM
Drive safe and even tho its a medical visit - enjoy your time with your honey. Great news on your Dad's numbers - hope the trend continues.
I hope you had that lemon vodka drink - sounds yummy and I know from first hand experience - it really does make things seem soooo much better - LOL

Monique
March 28th, 2017, 08:21 AM
Drive safely.

grammaterry
March 28th, 2017, 11:08 AM
at least that is how I feel right now. Anxiety is not my friend for sure and lately life has certainly given me a run for the money. I spent all day sunday cooking ahead of time meals for my father for I have to leave town (actually the state - about 5 - 6 hr. drive) from Wed thru... hopefully only Sat. Honey of mine has medical procedure and needs watching for 24 hours, make sure his lung doesn't collapse. Been in long distance relationship for like 13 years or so. He spends summers here, it work for us. I digress. Car has one of the major milestone maintenance visits tomorrow, including brakes and plugs... big dent on credit card there. And so tonight I go to sew to mellow out, sun going down so go to hit the light switch and NUFFIN!!!!! ELECTRICAL issues. No voltage to the switch in the sewing room, the only switch in the house too that is affected! So when I get back from my nursing visit, I get to make a date with an electrician. Might just take 1/2 of a happy pill and call it a night. Thanks for letting me vent!

But one good thing did happen.. My fathers monthly visit to doctor today was a good one. His bad numbers are getting better!

Oh my. I hope the trip wipes out your string of frustration and when you get back, things will run smoothly

jjkaiser
March 28th, 2017, 11:50 AM
Oh I feel for you! When you think nothing else could possibly go wrong, then it does, and all you are thinking is how much is THIS gonna cost! Hope your troubles are soon over. Glad to hear Dad is improving. Enjoy the visit with your guy! And vent here any time.