PDA

View Full Version : Monday and it's a wet start to the day

Monique
March 27th, 2017, 06:38 AM
Good morning from dark and wet Ladysmith this morning. It is pouring rain here. That should get rid of some more snow. We received quite a dumping of very wet snow on Friday. I was called to work at the last minute and the roads were brutal. They were even worse that night. It was a good thing I didn't have far to travel. My day went well but not a place to quilt.

Saturday was a quilting day. We did take a small drive but we weren't gone long or far. Yesterday they were calling for lots of freezing rain so we chose to stay in. We did get some but I don't think we got what they were calling for. On Saturday Les was out on the step having a cig when a deer ran in front of the house and up the hill. I think they scared each other. And then yesterday we had a runaway horse run passed the house. He turned onto the side road, hopefully he was going home and probably happy to fun free. You never know around here what is going to go pass in front of your house.

It was a great day for Canada in the world of curling. Our team won the gold and remained undefeated throughout the whole tournament. That has never happened before.

It is not a work day today (at least I hope not). I want to get that quilt finished so I can work on something else. Les works days today so I have the whole day to myself.

Have a great day everyone.

Star lover
March 27th, 2017, 07:01 AM
Ah, Monique, rain must be on the menu today. We had a heavy fog last night and is getting better. Rain called for the next few days. Guess ya gotta have rain for the lawns and flowers ..... but I'm waiting for a pretty sun shinning day! Patience! Got some sewing in on the weekend, not much else. It's starting to look like "something." Time will tell.
Hope everyone has a safe and wonderful day!

Iris Girl
March 27th, 2017, 07:30 AM
Morning all. Rain here also. Its on the menu all week with a short break possibly Weds and Thurs then right back to rain. Finally managed to go get my haircut, was getting tired of the long gray hair. It was just way too long. This time I actually got someone who knows how to layer curly hairy. Now shoulder length all I have to do is blow out my bangs and scrunch the rest and let it dry. No product in my hair either hate that sticky stiff feeling. All natural on the hair and face , no makeup unless its a fancy occasion. Thats how I roll. The Turtle quilt is done and I am moving on to the matching girl quilt with a big butterfly on it. Have a good one all.

Bubby
March 27th, 2017, 08:17 AM
Morning Everyone...It's been storming and pouring rain since 3 am. The same is on the menu for the whole week.

Monique, congratulations on your team winning the Curling championship!! A little birdie told me how popular Curling is in Canada.

Our neighbor Steve is having surgery today to remove his prostate. Your prayers are greatly appreciated. He is our neighbor who helped me so much after Jeff's hip replacement. The surgery will be in Springfield and I will be feeding their cats and watching their house for a few days.

Olive seems to be feeling fine after her treatment and Dottie was much better yesterday. One of our tenants flooded her bathroom and it went through the floor into the kitchen. A call to our plumber is on the top of my list this morning.

Wishing everyone a wonderful Monday....stay warm, dry and safe.

Carol336
March 27th, 2017, 08:42 AM
Foggy and heavy mist going on here in my neck of the woods. Good day to stay inside and play with fabric.
Glad to hear Olive is doing well with her treatments Barb, been keeping her in my prayers.
Holy Moley Monique, sounds like you live in a wild life preserve.....sure must be interesting. Congrats on the curling win.

Have a lovely day everyone

TMP
March 27th, 2017, 09:23 AM
Good Morning,
I woke up with shoulder pain again. I have been to the rheumatologist three times in the last six months for this mess. I guessing its just something that is here to stay, as Uncle George said old age isn't for sissies. DH is in the bed with some sort of stomach virus and fever. I washed tons of bed things last night. Including my favorite quilt. Yesterday DD and her family ate with us and he didn't even get out of the bed. I made chicken and dumplins that they all love.
I know I have told you about the scrap quilt she has that mama made, the one who she carries everywhere, all thru high school, in labor room both times, every trip she has ever been on and even her honeymoon. This "blankie" I call it is a rag. Its old I mean old I see scraps in it that were from dresses I had in high school. Sent my sister a picture of it and she said she saw fabric from a scooter skirt that she had in school. I bet few of you remember scooter skirts. Not only is in shreds in spots, it has as many as three patches missing in places. The center appears to be an electric blanket. DD wants me to fix this thing. Yes, I will try.
DG is on spring break and here I caught myself not having the patience I should with her. She is 9, sweet child but a handful. I will not even tell you of the things she did last night. They took the 4 year old home with them.
I hope everyone has a great day

Carlie Wolf
March 27th, 2017, 11:23 AM
Rained last night and this morning. I finished weeding and turning a garden bed yesterday so I think I'll take it easy today. I woke up at 6AM this morning....UGH. Did get some 4 patches sewn and ironed and also did a little quilting of my Trail Mix quilt. I developed a weird headache about an hour ago enough to make me feel sick to my stomach. I looked on line but there doesn't seem to be any storms scheduled. This usually happens before storms.

Cathy F
March 27th, 2017, 11:58 AM
Morning all,
Weather has been rainy and dreary anxiously awaiting some warm sunshine.

Have a class tomorrow to make a folded wreath that I have been looking forward to taking. Today will be my prep work for that. I am using Christmas fabric for mine as I can call it one gift towards next Christnas, providing it turns out well.
Monique, congrats on the curling championship. I must admit it's not a sport I know alot about.
Barb, glad to hear the girls are doing better.
Well, off to load the dishwasher, and take a run through the house with the vacuum. Wishing all a good day!

pcbatiks
March 27th, 2017, 12:11 PM
Good morning, forum friends. I slept late today. Well, the huge fundraiser book sale is over for another year. It was the 10th year of the book sale at that church and sales were the best so far! We had a huge crowd Friday and again Sunday for the $5 bag sale. It rained Saturday morning so the crowd was a little smaller at first. It was fun but now we get to rest until July when we start taking donations again. Here's a couple of pictures. The first was taken the afternoon before the sale (about half of the room is in the picture). The other one was taken right after the doors opened on Sunday.

141433 141434

Now I need to get focused again on my big stitch quilt and starting the HST quilt. :D

KPH
March 27th, 2017, 12:39 PM
Good morning all,

It might as well be dreary here, we went to pick up the taxes this morning. Cringed as I wrote the checks to the IRS and NCDOR. Penalties for using my inheritance isn't exactly playing fair, but who said life was fair!

I'm between quilts, thinking about a bordered periwinkle, and I think ladies luncheon. I need to get Peacock Isle's ready to border, but it's just not calling me today.

We had 2 showings this weekend, no feed back from them. Neither took the literature that our agent prepared. Oldest DS's family will be closing on their house 4/26, so theirs a trip to FL on the horizon. I'm happy for them, but I wish it was us moving down to be closer to them. Our turn will come.

Jean Sewing Machine
March 27th, 2017, 01:38 PM
Hi all! It's rainy here also. I am getting ready for our forum friend from the Netherlands who will be visiting the US for the next two weeks. She will be staying with me. We will be quilting her big 365 block quilt and when we are finished with that, we will play! We'all be heading to Hamilton neat week for Jenny's trunk show and Al and Drea's wedding gathering. Hope to see Marilyn and Robin here in St. Louis and the folks up near Hamilton when we go up there. There's a local shop hop going on next weekend, and lots of friends in shows that we can see next weekend. Plus we'll probably hit some other LQS THAT AREN't part of the shop hop.It will be a busy couple of weeks!