PDA

View Full Version : Night Night Barn Owl

toggpine
March 26th, 2017, 04:38 AM
Well, the day didn't go entirely as planned.
Both of the does kidded today. The neighbor stopped by with a flat of crimini mushrooms and a coral bark maple tree. Our son and daughter in law stopped in for a visit and to change the thermostat in his car. (Dad had all of the tools and the car ramp.)
DIL is a nursing assistant in the labor and delivery ward at the hospital, she made it over today for the second delivery of the day. She said we do things a bit different on the farm than in the hospital!
My sister came out for a visit and helped feed the baby goats. She is working her way through issues with depression and anxiety. Some days are good and others are a struggle. Today I helped her ditch some closet sorting with the promise of free mushrooms, baby goat snuggles, and talking to the turkeys. (She gets a kick out of making them gobble!) We had a good visit with lots of laughs, baby goat feeding, and some turkey time. We prepped 7 trays of crimini mushrooms for the dehydrator, she took home a full bag and we still had plenty to sauté down for supper.
Everybody is tucked into the barn for the night after the late night bottle. I'm headed for bed now myself.

I'll leave you with two photos. One is of the latest four goat kids born in the last 36 hours, and the other is of our our Anatolian livestock guardian dog watching over Fizz as she was kidding.
I hope all is well in your neck of the woods!
Hugs, Cathy

pjyoder414@yahoo.com
March 26th, 2017, 04:58 AM
Good morning, I couldn't find the photos you spoke. There is nothing cuter than tiny baby kid. I Hope you are able to get some sleep especially after your very busy day yesterday. I used to have goats, turkey, and chickens. I purchased the turkey figuring that when Thanksgiving came he would be our dinner. I named him drumstick, lol. Well wouldn't you know he was the friendliest turkey, he would follow me or the girls every time we went in that part of the yard. So now the time comes to prepare him for our dinner, wouldn't you know I couldn't find anyone who would help me prepare him. So he remained a pet. My youngest daughter had chosen one of the goats as her pet. She named him Clarence and she even put a dog lead on him and would walk him all over the neighborhood. He would resist coming home, as he knew when they started back up the hill to our house that he was going home.

For me I woke at midnight and just laid in bed for a while trying to get back to sleep but no such luck.

It appears I'm going to have a full day today which is ok with me I just wish I could have slept more than 3 hrs. and I don't why but I just can't nap.

Monique
March 26th, 2017, 08:21 AM
It looks like a very beautiful start to the day, sunny and blue sky. You wouldn't know that there is a freezing rain warning for much of the day. Staying put today. I did get started on the memory quilt and that is what I am going to continue with today.

Have a great day everyone.

toggpine
March 26th, 2017, 12:53 PM
Hmmm. They didn't attach. Let's try it now.

redcaboose1717
March 26th, 2017, 01:57 PM
Thanks for sharing ! :~)

kimsophia
March 27th, 2017, 02:36 AM
Hoot hoot! There were some exciting NCAA games this weekend! Woo! I love those buzzer beaters! My sleep schedule didn't allow me to see the games on Sunday afternoon but they are being rerun tonight. I only have a couple of brackets still alive for the contest. You have to score in the top one percent to be eligible for the drawing.

The thread from Canada that didn't come for three weeks finally came...it's really quite lovely. Some have a metallic looking plastic tape wound around the perle cotton that is difficult to pull through the fabric without tangling at every stitch I take, but certainly is unique looking. I'm taking ideas from Pinterest on seam treatments and other adornments. I like the botanical looking stitches.

I burned myself with a match end trying to light a candle outside. It is just a little burn but it still smarts. I can't imagine stationarymom's scald... :0