PDA

View Full Version : A sunny Saturday

JCY
March 25th, 2017, 01:34 PM
I don't see any Sat. posts, so I'll start. The house smells like baking bread. One loaf is done; the 2nd is almost finished on the dough cycle in the bread maker. I make spelt bread for DH.

It was a chilly 32 deg. this a.m. It's sunny & supposed to be in the mid-60's. We missed the snow storm, which went S. of Denver. I heard the roads were closed for a while near the CO/NM border.

Yes, it's great to have my car back. We're so pleased with the good job they did. Of course, I had to shell out the $1,000. deductible + $100. for the 2nd rear tire. The ins. paid for the one damaged one. With the recent out-of-pocket expense for 2 crowns, our funds have taken a big hit. After I picked up the car yest., I stopped by my LQS for some thread. I always check the "orphan corner". There was a good supply of FQs to look through. Can't pass up $1.00 FQs! I use the plainer fabrics for practice FMQ sandwiches. I found some FQs that matched fabric I'd previously purchased. Discontinued bolts are 50% off, so I found a yd. there. I spent part of the afternoon pressing the FQs & yardage. Put in ~1 hr. of FMQ on the baby quilt after DH went to bed.

Well, the bread maker is done. Time to knead it, let is raise ~25 min., then pop it in the oven. I hope everyone has a good week end.

Star lover
March 25th, 2017, 01:45 PM
Cold rainy day here. Got all my chores done and I'm heading to my sewing room. Think I've figured out the direction I want to go on a quilt I've been struggling over the design of. If it looks as good as I hope it will....I'll be soooo happy!
JCY - so happy about your car. Yeah, nothing's cheap anymore. Nice find at the LQS. It always brightens my day. Have a good one all!

Carlie Wolf
March 25th, 2017, 02:07 PM
It's beautiful here. Really lovely weather. I'm trying to commit to spending an hour out in the gardens each day. I found that in the past if I do more then I'm a cripple for three days after. One hour seems to be just enough. It also gives me time to do some sewing or other household chores without being too tired. In the past few years I've spent time digging out areas for periennels and veggies. I've got a good handle on that now. This year I'm going to work on scented areas. My two rose bushes made it through those weird warm and cold snaps. Yipee!

I was so thrilled. I ordered my new bobbin case late on the 23rd and would you believe I actually received it today the 25th. OMG is that fast! I got it from Sewing Parts Online. I think I've ordered from them before and got stuff pretty fast but this is really the fastest I've received anything.

JCY I'm glad you got your car back and are happy with the work. Yeah real bummer about the deductible, don't ya just hate that stuff.

toggpine
March 25th, 2017, 02:20 PM
We had a new set of twins born on the farm yesterday. They are cute, but dumb and stubborn. That could be a bad combination. They have to eat and they didn't want to nurse. We wil see what today brings as we have two more overdue mommas out there. Most of the farms in our area are reporting longer gestations this year. Hmmmm.

Hopefully things will be calm today in the barn and I can finish sorting and labeling the after school sewing supplies. I am going to need to buy more bobbins for them. I don't have the class 66 kind for the front load bobbin cases. At least I managed to clear out the crappy thread that breaks all of the time as well as the pilled and stained used sheets someone donated. :icon_rolleyes:

The milk is done warming. Off to feed the kids!

Bubby
March 25th, 2017, 02:24 PM
It's cold, rainy and dreary here today. Dottie is sick with diarrhea and vomiting. She had to go outdoors 5 times last night. This morning she ate and promptly upchucked her breakfast. I called the vet and I have the medication he recommends on hand so now it's just a matter of making her take it. She notoriously spits out any and all meds she is given. Olive doesn't feel well after her treatment yesterday and she won't touch food, but she just drank some chicken broth. We're a droopy household today.

Jeff didn't get much rest last night so he will be napping all afternoon. I will hold the Girls and keep them company for the rest of the day.

Wishing everyone a wonderful Saturday.