PDA

View Full Version : A Breath of Fresh Air

Lyndaj
March 24th, 2017, 06:05 PM
I know some of you know that my MIL was ill and recently passed away. This has necessitated many trips to her home (45 minutes away on a good day). In fact, I have put more than 5,000 km on my car since Christmas. Dealing with the lawyer and bank on this matter are making me want to pull my hair out.

So, the neighbours to the left of us moved last Saturday. I caught the wife parking her vehicle in my driveway (she assumed no one was home because my husband had the car). I went out and told her it was ok to use my driveway, but please don't tromp across the grass (it's soft) and it won't be her problem to deal with now. So I go back in the house and was totally ignored by her and her family as they tromped across my lawn!

On Monday and Tuesday, the new folks moved in. I had a chance to speak with the husband after I got home yesterday. OH MY GOODNESS, is he a breath of fresh air. We spoke for about 30 minutes about him and his wife and about the neighbourhood. Him and his wife are from here, but were living in the big city (renting). They decided to come home to buy their first house, other than the fact that our houses would be over a million dollars in the city.

He was just so nice. It's him and his wife and their dog, Dexter. So maybe even Java will have a friend to play with.

Patty J
March 24th, 2017, 06:48 PM
It sure is nice to have friendly neighbors. You maybe need to take some time to decompress a little. You have been a very busy lady.

grammaterry
March 24th, 2017, 11:50 PM
Lucky you got good neighbors