PDA

View Full Version : Friday at last

Monique
March 24th, 2017, 08:11 AM
Good morning. I wish I knew what Mother Nature thinks she is doing. We were plunged into a deep freeze the other day and today we have snow. Now it is supposed to turn to rain sometime today but still, REALLY?

I woke up this morning with an extremely sore back. I didn't realize, but the doctor told me, I have a little arthritis in my back. Great. I guess I am going to have to start sleeping with a pillow between my knees.

I did not get much sewing done yesterday but I did take out the embroidery machine and I think I have decided which stitches I am going to use on the memory quilt. And I took the quilt to the community centre and got it sandwiched. I think I am ready to go.

I like today's tutorial and I think I might make this one. One more to add to the bucket list.

Well that's about it for me this morning. I wish you all a good day and a great weekend.

Star lover
March 24th, 2017, 08:24 AM
Mother Nature is mixed up here too. It was suppose to be in the 50's yesterday. Got to 41. Suppose to be 60 or 70 ...?? Yup same station, 10 minutes apart, they gave 2 different highs. Both were repeated later. Someone's mixed up? So, we get what we get. But someone's getting paid to quess and miss.
Didn't sew yesterday, day got away and I'm still not sure the direction to go on this quilt.... nothing just says YES! And I want yes!
I was diagnosed with degenerative arthritis in my back 20 years ago, so far it's been behaving itself. So I guess my day is coming.
Hope everyone has a wonderful day and hoping for spring anytime!

Bubby
March 24th, 2017, 08:58 AM
Morning Everyone....I'm rushing around getting things done here before the storms start. We are supposed to have high wind and hail. I have to take Olive for a treatment later this morning.

I wish everyone a good day. I'll check in later when I get back home this afternoon....

Iris Girl
March 24th, 2017, 08:59 AM
Morning all. Cold this morning was 50's yesterday next few days rain and 40's. No work today I have jury duty. Town court so they say 1 day. Never done local town jury duty always went to county court. Should be interesting. Want to finish up the turtle quilt this weekend. Going to try for a haircut Sunday. Can't stand the long gray mop. Thats all the news here.

seaturtle
March 24th, 2017, 10:16 AM
Morning all,

Monique, the pillow really does help keep your back aligned. Hope you get some relief.
Bubby, hopefully you will get to the appt. before the storm hits.
April, I hope you get some time to sew soon. I can't wait to see these turtles!

I'm working on a purse right now. It is slow going because I have no idea what I'm doing. I'm reading all directions 2-3 times to make sure I get it right. It is the perfect thing for me to be working on - it is definitely holding my attention.

Have a great day, everyone!

grammaterry
March 24th, 2017, 10:45 AM
I woke up with a headache from allergies. Eyes have been watering. I need to start taking the little pills!
Made Cherry pie at work.sold pretty well. Now they want Reubens. Go figure.
Hope you all have a great day

pjyoder414@yahoo.com
March 24th, 2017, 11:39 AM
Good morning Everyone,

Well it is a beautiful day here in Florida. My handyman was a no show this morning. Perhaps I got the time wrong.

DH doing good, improving daily. I think he is getting really bored, which is good it will make him get dressed and do something, even if it is only to putter around his workshop.

I was going to mow today, but the grass is still wet from being water last night. Hopefully I can get to it tomorrow. Guess I will just have to sew today, oh what a bummer, NOT

Hope y'all have a blessed day

JCY
March 24th, 2017, 12:34 PM
Today it's cloudy, 42, & windy. Last night was very windy as the storm system blew in. We had a high of 87 deg. yesterday! The warm before the storm, which is a typical weather pattern here. We dodged the bullet on this storm, which went S. of Denver. I heard on the radio there were blizzard warnings posted for Douglas Co. with snow blowing sideways. Several hwys. were closed due to poor visibility from the snow. The mts. always can use the snow for the skiers & our summer water supply.

I think my car might be ready today. The auto body shop liaison called yest. The R. rear tire IS damaged. The ins. co. will replace that tire. Since it's advisable to have matching tires on the rear, he asked if we'd be willing to pay for the 2nd tire. We said we would. I'll really be glad to have my car back.

I did more FMQ with the straight rulers yest. afternoon. It's slow going. I can't quilt for much more than an hr. at a time. (It takes that long to do just one 12" block!) It's hard on the hands/arms to hold the ruler in place & move the quilt sandwich at the same time. It's getting easier as I do more. I won't post any pics until the quilt is finished.

I hope everyone has a good week end.

Carlie Wolf
March 24th, 2017, 12:44 PM
I'm loving today. The weather says it's going to be nice for pretty much the rest of the month. I got really psyched about it yesterday. In anticipation I started Spring cleaning. Windows washed in my office and bedroom. Winter curtains taken down. Everything washed off and windows thrown open. I don't care what the weather does, I'm ready for Spring.

Got a little sewing done too. I've been working on my embroidery machine and it's not going well. I've tried everything I can think of, including watching all kinds of tutorials regarding bobbin thread coming to the top on utube but to no avail. I'm down to ordering a new bobbin case which I did yesterday. I'm keeping my fingers crossed because it was the last thing that was mentioned. I also got my Trail Mix quilt that gave me no relief in problems on the quilting frame ready to quilt. I may do a bit of that today. It's a toss up between that or starting to work on some of the gardens :-) Ok, well maybe one small one.