PDA

View Full Version : Organizing Night Owl

toggpine
March 23rd, 2017, 02:33 AM
I wish I was organizing my own stuff, but I'm not.

I inherited quite the hodge-podge of stuff when I took over the after hours sewing class at the school. I have finally had enough of not knowing what we have and where it has gotten off to. So I'm sorting, editing, and organizing all of the supplies.
We have been the recipients of generous community members and have acquired lots of "stuff". Sadly, most of it isn't readily useable for a beginning sewing class, as they are things I rarely use in my own sewing. (How long has it been since you used seam tape or flexi-lace seam binding?) I am planning on using some of the items as decorative elements for a few projects.

Hopefully these does will kid soon, and I can stop the late night barn checks. I wouldn't be so worried, but they are first time moms and their own births were complicated, no that can run in family lines.

How are things in your neck of the woods?
Hugs, Cathy

Judy, USMC
March 23rd, 2017, 03:26 AM
Was in bed just drifting off -after tossing and turning for an hour - when Steve's oxygen concentrator started beeping. The humidifier was running low. Turned it off, filled the tank, turned it back on again. He stayed sound asleep ... and I'm going back to bed.

Have a safe night!

TMP
March 23rd, 2017, 04:17 AM
I started cleaning out a closet yesterday and I'm trying to deal with this mountain of scrap fabric and why I keep scrap batting I don't know. I just can't seem to throw it away. It hasn't taken long for this mess to take over the closet. Its after 2 here and I think I'm just going to shut the door to my sewing room and go to bed. Have a great night everyone.

toggpine
March 23rd, 2017, 12:30 PM
I started cleaning out a closet yesterday and I'm trying to deal with this mountain of scrap fabric and why I keep scrap batting I don't know. I just can't seem to throw it away.

I use the light weight fusible interfacing cut into strips to patch together pieces to make a larger one for projects. It's great for table runners, pot holders, mug rugs, quilted bag linings, etc.
If they are small trimmings I'll put them into the off-cut bin for pet bed stuffing.
It has been an adventure trying to teach these kids about using fabric wisely. Thankfully the school is diligent about the reduce, reuse, recycle idea, so we are working with that and the "conserve your resources" angle.