PDA

View Full Version : Please pray for our country.

MaryUK
March 22nd, 2017, 05:03 PM
I don't know if anyone has seen our news today but there has been a terrorist attack in London. The man drove a car on the pavement across Westminster bridge knocking over and injuring up to 20 people before jumping out of his car and indiscriminately attacking people with a knife. He injured 3 policemen guarding our Houses of Parliament, one of whom died. 2 others have died and 20 injured - many with catastrophic injuries. He was shot dead at the scene.

Whilst all this took place over 200 miles away and I probably don't know anyone who has been injured, my heart goes out to the victims and their families!! Please pray for us.

craftychris
March 22nd, 2017, 05:11 PM
I have just heard the news and feel sick to the heart. I had been on that bridge in October - and under it on a river cruise. Beautiful people, beautiful buildings. How can people do these ugly things to other people. My thoughts are with the families of the victims, the injured, and those who witnessed the atrocity.

threadbndr
March 22nd, 2017, 05:12 PM
It's on our news. Prayers for the victims and their family members.

DeniseSm
March 22nd, 2017, 05:38 PM
Praying for world peace.

mischiefkat
March 22nd, 2017, 06:03 PM
So sorry that this has happened in your beautiful city. Prayers are offered for the victims and their families. Kathy

shirleyknot
March 22nd, 2017, 06:12 PM
I have often wondered if there is some kind of brain rot going around. So MUCH of this!

BobW
March 22nd, 2017, 06:25 PM
My thoughts are with you and all the people of England. Violence/Terrorist Attacks are so much the acts of cowards! Peace be to you and your nation.

Judy, USMC
March 22nd, 2017, 06:54 PM
I was with my husband at the hospital waiting for a doctor's appointment when the coverage was being aired. Everyone was shocked by the news. Incomprehensible how any twisted mind(s) can justify causing mayhem and death of innocent citizens.

Prayers for your country.

seaturtle
March 22nd, 2017, 07:09 PM
It is a sad state of affairs. So many of these incidents. Prayers for the families involved and the loved ones.

GuitarGramma
March 22nd, 2017, 07:15 PM
How horrid. My heart goes out to all the people of the UK, and my prayers for the victims and their families.

Cokie
March 22nd, 2017, 07:37 PM
What has the world come to? It's a scary place. Sending prayers for all those involved and for the citizens of UK.

jjkaiser
March 22nd, 2017, 08:13 PM
My greatest sympathies to your country. Such violence is inexcusable.It is scary how common this is becoming, and I hate that the terrorists doing this are glorified in any way by any group. I am an atheist. This transcends all religion, and all political parties. When will this ever end.

Bubby
March 22nd, 2017, 08:38 PM
It's all over our news here. Many of us are praying...(((HUGS)))

Julie A
March 23rd, 2017, 01:10 AM
You and all of England are in my prayers.

Star lover
March 23rd, 2017, 06:56 AM
Sorry, just saw this this am and heard it on the news this am. Didn't turn the TV or radio on last night. So tragic and it's happening more often. I'll be adding my prayers too.

Navy Wife
March 23rd, 2017, 10:48 AM
My prayers are definitely with all of England. You have been our best friends and always there in times of need. I love London, and hate to see this happening in this beautiful city.

alliek
March 23rd, 2017, 02:42 PM
Your country is in my prayers as I pray for World peace for all the ordinary caring human beings who just want to live their life and love their families. God be with us all.

auntiemern
March 23rd, 2017, 05:26 PM
My heart and prayers go out to you and your country. My heart hurt the second I heard. To much of this going on in the world. So much hatred for no reason.

MaryUK
March 23rd, 2017, 08:28 PM
Thank you for your kindness. I am a Christian who believes the Lord hears all prayers and answers them according to the needs. My hope is in Christ Jesus!!!
It is indeed a dreadful time in which we live but thankfully it is only a small minority who have such a disregard for human suffering.
Thank you once again for your prayers and kind words.

Juliet Taylor
March 24th, 2017, 07:45 AM
How horrible. I heard it and I was devasted. How people can be so horrible and violent with each other? I really cannot understand it