PDA

View Full Version : Age-Activated Attention Deficit Disorder

seaturtle
March 22nd, 2017, 10:15 AM
I had posted recently about my flitting from project to project lately. My youngest found this clip on YouTube that he says describes me perfectly. It gave me a good chuckle so I thought I would share it with you. This is how life is going at my house. Enjoy!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6oHBG3ABUJU&spfreload=10

Star lover
March 22nd, 2017, 10:18 AM
Saw this on another thread. It made my day!

seaturtle
March 22nd, 2017, 10:20 AM
Yes, I put it on the Wednesday thread, but I know a lot of people don't read that. I thought it was funny and wanted to share it with everyone. Glad you enjoyed it!

pcbatiks
March 22nd, 2017, 10:28 AM
Thanks Cindy! This made me laugh out loud because I do this all the time!

It must be contagious because so many of us have it!

It's hysterical hearing the narration that goes on in our heads being said out loud. :D

I hate to admit it....while watching the video it made me think of some of my escapades.......and I got distracted for a second. :D

grammaterry
March 22nd, 2017, 10:47 AM
Yes, so true. When I have a project I have to stay in one room. It's a rule

Midge
March 22nd, 2017, 10:51 AM
Oh Cindy, I needed to start this day with a good laugh. And yes, I saw myself in this video. Distractible should be my middle name these days. Is it just because I am now retired that I feel the freedom to follow those impulses? Because I do think - oh well, I'll get back to this later - when something shiny catches my eye. Or could it be that I notice the disjointed way of approaching tasks now but that was always there, just waiting for the schedule to clear so it could emerge to make me feel foolish and annoyed with myself? A positive though - since I am single again I am not so determinedly busy thereby avoiding ....you know. I have the relaxed attitude I was seeking but couldn't enjoy before. So I must conclude, this lady needs to learn to celebrate her ditsiness. Scuse me for now, have to go start a load of wash, but first, I'll check the freezer and plan dinner....lol.

Bubby
March 22nd, 2017, 10:55 AM
That's really cute. Seriously, if you are doing this with your quilting and starting way too many projects and flitting from one to the next like a hummingbird, I find that if I keep my fabric stash out of view and also bag up my UFO projects and put them out of sight, I end up finishing many more of my projects. I think that when we watch so many tutorials and buy so many beautiful DD's and get excited over what other quilters make that sometimes we get over stimulated, which can lead to frustration and non-productivity. I'm really bad about flitting around when I am trying to pull myself out of a sewing slump. This is the way I feel about what I see myself doing....

It's something to think about. JS......

seaturtle
March 22nd, 2017, 11:01 AM
It's just about the perfect description for what we're living, isn't it? What was funny was when he found the video, he said, "Look mom, this is you!" And for better or worse, it is me.

My DGS is here for a few days as his parents are out of town on business and he always drinks chocolate milk in the morning. Since retiring, I have a problem with morning anyhow, but I fixed his breakfast, complete with chocolate milk, then drove him to school. I came home and while washing my hands, found the chocolate syrup container upside down in the dish drain!! Life sure is interesting, lol!

shermur
March 22nd, 2017, 11:10 AM
Oh WOW! So that is part of why I can't get things either! I notice during my day that I have to stop my stride and seriously think about where am I going and what am I to do next?!!! There is never enough hours in the day to get everything done!

Kgrammiecaz
March 22nd, 2017, 11:17 AM
OMG, LOL

Barb said it perfectly - we get excited about all we can do, only we cannot do it all at once.

I have way too many distractions at home - so much that sometimes I just shut down and end up doing nothing. I keep trying new things to get me going in the right direction, but I have not yet found that correct path. Someday soon I hope.

asta
March 22nd, 2017, 11:36 AM
Thanks for sharing Cindy, this is just what I have been going through lately. So glad to know I am not alone!

MHG Winnower
March 22nd, 2017, 12:04 PM
Thanks for pointing me in the direction of a diagnosis of what has been happening! I think I will go now and take a nap, I'm exhausted.

seaturtle
March 22nd, 2017, 01:22 PM
That's really cute. Seriously, if you are doing this with your quilting and starting way too many projects and flitting from one to the next like a hummingbird, I find that if I keep my fabric stash out of view and also bag up my UFO projects and put them out of sight, I end up finishing many more of my projects. I think that when we watch so many tutorials and buy so many beautiful DD's and get excited over what other quilters make that sometimes we get over stimulated, which can lead to frustration and non-productivity. I'm really bad about flitting around when I am trying to pull myself out of a sewing slump. This is the way I feel about what I see myself doing....

It's something to think about. JS......

I really think you're on to something here. For me, it's not so much seeing the stash as it is wanting to make so many things. I am avoiding Pinterest and Quilts by Me on purpose right now.

KarenC
March 22nd, 2017, 02:01 PM
I see that this describes many of us. I have to write down my to do lists so I can mark things off, and still get distracted.

Mimi_Howard
March 22nd, 2017, 05:20 PM
On days when I try to give the house a good cleaning, I take with me a laundry basket with a rope for pulling like a wagon (my lost and found box) and when something in the room I am cleaning does not belong there (I am known to put stuff down in the wrong places) I put it in the lost and found. When I have finished the rooms I then make myself comfy and sort the lost and found box. Then only one trip to each of the rooms is needed to return the lost items. Otherwise I am like that shiny ball in a pinball machine... ping ping ping...

Hulamoon
March 22nd, 2017, 05:35 PM
On days when I try to give the house a good cleaning, I take with me a laundry basket with a rope for pulling like a wagon (my lost and found box) and when something in the room I am cleaning does not belong there (I am known to put stuff down in the wrong places) I put it in the lost and found. When I have finished the rooms I then make myself comfy and sort the lost and found box. Then only one trip to each of the rooms is needed to return the lost items. Otherwise I am like that shiny ball in a pinball machine... ping ping ping...
I do that too! I segment off a box, but I like the wagon idea. lol

seaturtle
March 22nd, 2017, 07:13 PM

Great idea! My DH has a tendency to carry off anything small enough to fit in his hand and then lay it down somewhere else. I have thought of making a "John" box to put all of his things in as I find them. Then at least we'll know where they are!

Mimi_Howard
March 22nd, 2017, 10:51 PM
If I don't hang my keys up the minute I walk into the house... well lord knows where I end up putting them down. For one Christmas my honey bought a kit with trinket things that talk to a remote thing. Put one on each of my key sets.. Like using a dang metal detector, me going from room to room pushing the button and listening for the trinket thingy on my key ring to chime at me! :D

Anna Leigh
March 22nd, 2017, 11:34 PM
Lol...that's cute! Thanks for the chuckle.