PDA

View Full Version : It's Wednesday

Monique
March 22nd, 2017, 07:38 AM
I can't believe it's Wednesday already!!

It was Victoria's Quilts in the morning and then to dr's appointment. We were discussing things and while he is filling out the paper for blood work he also orders the 'poop' test and starts telling me about it. I reply that yes I have done it before and had two colonoscopies because of it. He goes back into my file and reads and then states "You dodged a bullet, do you know how lucky you are?" Hmm didn't know this, at the first colonoscopy 2 polyps were removed, they weren't cancer but would eventually develop into cancer. Caught early and the second was all clear. Then he says breast cancer in 2006, again caught early. Dodged another bullet there. I chose not to have chemo and radiation at that time and I am so glad of that decision and he agreed with me. 11 years later and all is well. I made an appointment in out patient clinic for next week to have a cyst removed off my finger and now I am wondering if I should go ahead with it. I am starting to chicken out on this one. I may just cancel that. (Sorry if this is too much information)

And so today I have to work this afternoon. Turns out Les is on days again today. I may try and get him a ride with the neighbour so I don't have to drive him to work and then come back home and then out again. No sewing again today for me.

It was a beautiful spring day yesterday and today we are plunged into a deep freeze. The winds were terrible all night long. It is still blustery this morning.

Have a great day friends.

Bubby
March 22nd, 2017, 07:48 AM
Good Morning Monique & Everyone,

Dottie & Olive both seem droopy this morning. Maybe they just need to wake up.

Monique, I guess you would say you had a good appointment with the doctor.

I have laundry to do today and I should get the dust under control because our allergies are blooming right now. Soon the yellow/green oak pollen will cover everything outdoors and be tracked into the house on eight little scottie feet. Both of the Girls seem a little droopy this morning. Tomorrow they get groomed.

Be sure to look at Klasien's sewing studio...awesome!

I have no plans to sew today. Sort of in a slump again.

Wishing everyone a wonderful Wednesday.

KPH
March 22nd, 2017, 08:30 AM
Good Morning All,

I did manage to get the horizontal sashing for Lexie's version of Katie's quilt all most done yesterday. I have 4 more rows to do and that part will be done.

The verticals will be next, all of the 16 square patches are done! So, once the snowballing is completed it shouldn't take too terribly long.

The realtor is coming with the signs and brochures today, so I need to get this project done!

JCY
March 22nd, 2017, 09:07 AM
Good morning ~ Good news yesterday. My car repairs may be completed by noon today & I can get back my car today. It was one mo. ago today when my car was rear-ended. I'm definitely feeling much better. Not as much fatigue. I got the 9-patch star quilt sandwiched & basted earlier in the week. After doing a practice sample, I began the FMQ yest. afternoon. This will be the first quilt I've used the rulers on. It's definitely slower, but I like how it's looking. I'm using some of Angela Walters' designs. I recently took her "Dot-to-Dot" Craftsy class + I have 3 of her books to refer to.

Cooler weather is predicted. A chance of rain or snow Thurs. night into Fri. a.m. We sure need the moisture. I'll get my grocery shopping done today after Bible Study. Time to fix DH's breakfast.

peggiep
March 22nd, 2017, 09:57 AM
Morning everyone....I'm back after a week on the Carribean seas where the temps were in the high 80's with sunshine all but one day. Now, I have been plunged back into the deepfreeze, with winds that are strong enough to blow me over..and I'm no lightweight! lol

We had absolutely no WiFi while we were away and I can't believe how much I missed "chatting" with my Forum friends. I have a lot to catch up on!

No sewing for me today either! I need a hug or two from the grandkids.

Have a wonderful day!

seaturtle
March 22nd, 2017, 10:04 AM
Good morning everyone,

Just popping in to read up on everyone.
Monique, glad you are such a good bullet dodger and the appt. with the doctor went well.
Bubby, I hope the girls perk up today - maybe they sense the change of seasons and pollen before we do. Our weather has been bipolar lately. It was in the 30s, then up in the 80s, today is chilly after some powerful storms last night. I could use some perking up, myself. I will grab some more coffee for that!
Katrina, hope you get your project done before the realtor shows up!
Joy, glad you're feeling better after your adventures with the accident and will soon have your own car back. Can't wait to see your ruler work.

My sinuses have been going crazy with all the weather changes, so I haven't gotten too much done. I am sewing, but not completing anything. I have two tops completed but haven't been able to convince myself to sandwich them. So I then cut out a purse and haven't gotten around to fusing all the stabilizers yet. We did manage to get the master bath repainted and added new fixtures. Just been flitting from one project to another. My DS found a Youtube video that he says I could have made. Here's the clip in case you'd like to see what I'm going through
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6oHBG3ABUJU&spfreload=10

Star lover
March 22nd, 2017, 10:16 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6oHBG3ABUJU&spfreload=10

Oh my gosh, I finally have a diagnosis! Oh well, no cure, no hope. Gotta thank you for a great laugh. Made my day!

Sounds like everyone has stuff going on. Happy Monique that you're so agile - artful dodger! Bubbly, I have no allergies, that I know of, but if I think rotten cold, I kinda get it. Hope you and the girls are feeling better soon. Wow, Katrina, so busy and selling your house! Whew, tired just thinking about it. JCY, oh so happy you get your car back, but even happier that you're feeling so much better. Peggiep, what can I say, you're rubbing it in. 80, forgot what that feels like. Winter today. Cold and windy.

Hope everyone has a wonderful day ....if you don't forget to do so!

Iris Girl
March 22nd, 2017, 10:28 AM
Morning all. Monique great job dodging bullets and having a good checkup. Barb I bet the girls sense season changes before us and the pollen has got them droopy today. Joy glad your feeling better. It does take time for the body to recover even a small jolt.
Cindy our weather is crazy here also. After some 70 days then 3 feet of snow and then cold , last few days were nice in the 50's we got lots of melt down. today very windy and will never reach above freezing although its sunny. Finally got back to the tax people to pick up the papers yesterday, happy for e filing and that they were not waiting on signatures. Today my bank is showing my refund there. HOORAY!!! Our old guy did us a huge favor by being an a$$ and dropping our business after he forgot to push send. So long to bad things I say.
Working on the turtle quilt some. Got the bricks quilted and the turtles on and quilted around. Now its sandwiched with the backing and ready to finish quilting. I have been called for local 1 day jury duty Friday but will not know if I am needed until Thurs. Laundry is washing. Not much else going on. Have a great day all.

grammaterry
March 22nd, 2017, 11:04 AM
Oh my you all are busy. Kleisens sewing studio is amazing.look at that organization! Joy, glad the car is finally fixed.be careful out there.crazy people on the road. Monique, glad you are doing well.
I'm sitting thinking it's my last day off and what do I want to do. Need to finish a quilt!
Need to help DH with my new sewing room. Need to rack some leaves! Need to find something for supper! Oh no, that's the tube video repeat!