PDA

View Full Version : ....a new day dawns!

bubba
March 21st, 2017, 02:53 PM
I got up about 0830 and gave MM his pain pills before anything else. Got him up about an hour later and he ate one scrambled egg, two apple slices, half a protein drink, and two small glasses of orange juice. He was moving so much better before eating, but is not feeling well now.

I'm going to race over to Costco in a couple hours, hopefully when he is napping.

Star lover
March 21st, 2017, 03:03 PM
Oh so thankful. Hope you find him better than when you left! Yeah!

Sandy Navas
March 21st, 2017, 09:04 PM
What? No bananas?

Did you tell him about Nurse Ratchet?

Kgrammiecaz
March 21st, 2017, 11:18 PM
Each day gets a bit better. Hope he feels himself real soon. Good you can get out some. Hope you are feeling better as well.

bubba
March 21st, 2017, 11:29 PM
Oh so thankful. Hope you find him better than when you left! Yeah!

He started feeling poorly and I did not go since you never know how long a 'quick' Costco trip can take.

What? No bananas?

Did you tell him about Nurse Ratchet?

He's already living with her!! Believe it or not, he does not like bananas!

He asked if he could have some Five Guys fries for dinner, after I told him he needed to be eating more, especially fruits/vegies, and because was so cute and pitiful when he asked, I ran there and got him some. He managed to eat about twenty, but that was it.

stationarymom
March 22nd, 2017, 01:21 AM
I hope he feels better each day.Is he having an ensure with each meal?They are very filling,I had to drink them after my graft surgery and a high protein diet it was so hard.

bubba
March 22nd, 2017, 02:04 AM
I hope he feels better each day.Is he having an ensure with each meal?They are very filling,I had to drink them after my graft surgery and a high protein diet it was so hard.

He refuses to drink them. Today all he has eaten is one scrambled egg and those fries. He had half a Carnation drink, which is not as good for him as Ensure, but at least he drinks it.

redcaboose1717
March 22nd, 2017, 02:44 AM
Years ago, prior to Ensure being on the market, when my grandma had liver cancer, the Dietician from the hospital said to put a couple of scoops in Carnation Instant Breakfast......She drank those right up. Years later, when my mom had cancer, the only Ensure she liked was the Butter Pecan flavor....and she also drank the Carnation Instant Breakfast with ice cream in it occasionally when she tired of the Ensure.

K. McEuen
March 22nd, 2017, 03:00 AM
You might try some Muscle Milk. It is a high protein supplement that many people use before or after a workout. It can also act as a meal replacement. They have different varieties but the smoothie one sounds the best to me. I have a friend that swears by this stuff.

http://www.musclemilk.com/product/muscle-milk-smoothie-protein-shake/

Mimi_Howard
March 23rd, 2017, 12:09 AM
They also have a muscle milk light (low in sugar - if you need to watch sugar) . For quick breakfast I have taken the carbmeister yogurt (low sugar) and put with some milk and scoop of protein powder (when I am out of muscle milk) .

Angelia
March 23rd, 2017, 01:55 AM
I wonder about a regular milkshake--ice cream, regular milk, maybe some malt, if he likes it. Full fat, full flavor--but I don't know his restrictions. It seems at this point, calories are important. (Now, I want a milkshake! ) :)