PDA

View Full Version : It's a Tuesday kind of day

Monique
March 21st, 2017, 07:24 AM
Good morning friends.

I had a good day with my friend. She is 79 and isn't supposed to drive very far. We ended up going shopping. She needed her eye drops. It was a good thing I am broke, there was an 80% sale in one store. Dottie bought 2 tops and a pair of pants for $40. Heck of a deal. We also went out for lunch. AND she fed Les and I supper on top of that. Yes, we did play cards as well.

Spring has indeed sprung, there is supposed to be maybe freezing rain today or showers. I have Victoria's Quilts this morning and then a dr's appointment. All is well, just a routine check-up. Although I have a cyst (?) on my finger that I want him to remove.

I hope to get into the sewing room this afternoon. Hubby works tonight.

Other than that, not much happening. Have a great day everyone.

Carol336
March 21st, 2017, 07:38 AM
Good morning Monique and all who follow. Sounds like you had a lovely day with your friend. It's just too bad you weren't able to partake of the big sale, maybe next time.

I finally caught up with my hairdresser and got paid for the 7 totes she had ordered. Big lesson learned, get a deposit right up front.

Have an appointment this morning for a carotid check. It's actually a re-check from 3 months ago, when they found that the right carotid had changed from 1-39% occlusion to 40 - 59% occlusion. My dr wants to make sure it's just slowly moving up not in galloping mode, which she says is sometimes the case. Ironically, I used to work for a free vascular screening program, so I totally understand that sometimes it creeps up over the years, and other times it just seems to take off at break neck speed.....hoping it's the creeper!!!

Not much sewing going on here for some reason. I think once I finished all those totes I just needed a little break. I have a lot of things on my todo/want to do list, so I think I need to get my butt in gear.

Have a lovely Tuesday everyone

Star lover
March 21st, 2017, 07:45 AM
Happy Tuesday all!
Monique, sounds like life is a bit more "normal" after the fire. So happy for you.
Carol, Yup, sometimes ya need a break, even when doing something you love.
We've been experiencing winter for the most part. The "experts" are saying today we'll have spring - 50'. But winter will return tomorrow, 30'. I'm sooooo ready for spring this year. Winter keeps dragging his feet.
Hope to sew some. Still working on design on a quilt that just keeps....not working. But I'm not giving up till I like it.
Hope everyone has a grand day!

Bubby
March 21st, 2017, 07:47 AM
Morning Everyone...Tuesday is off to such a good start with Jean's gorgeous piano quilts AND Sharyn's birthday.

For a change our weather person was right....we hit 83 degrees yesterday. I opened up the house and spent as much time outdoors as I could. We are supposed to start getting some rain, which we desperately need.

Carol, I'm glad you finally got paid for your bags.

I'm not sure how my day will unfold. Right now I feel like going back to bed for a while. I woke up in the middle of the night with leg cramps. This was a message for me to drink more water.

Wishing everyone a wonderful day.....Hugs...

Jean Sewing Machine
March 21st, 2017, 09:23 AM
Good morning all! Thank you Barb for your kind comment about my piano quilts. I am glad to get them quilted and now to bind them and get them off to their intended recipients.

Next week, our dear forum member Klasien Otten from the Netherlands will be visiting the US and staying with me! I am so looking forward to seeing her again! She is bringing her beautiful 365 block quilt to be quilted on my long arm. I am a bit intimidated to attempt to quilt it. I'm going to be practicing on several of my own quilts this week to sharpen my skills. We will get to work on it right away, then have some days to play! We are going to Hamilton on April 4-5 for Jenny's trunk show and Al's wedding celebration! We'lol have a great time, I know!

Hope you all have a great day!

Ginny B
March 21st, 2017, 09:44 AM
Good morning everyone. Overcast day here today. We had a nice day yesterday. I got some laundry done, spent some time getting a couple of ITH bunny projects ready and then last night we went to dh's nieces wedding.

Monique, sounds like you had a nice day yesterday with your friend. Barb, drink that water! Maybe eat a banana too.

Carol, glad you got paid for your tote bags. Yes, sometimes it's a good idea to get a deposit on a large order.

Jean, sounds like it's going to be a fun visit with Klaisen.

I am really enjoying being off from work. My boys keep asking me when I am going to retire. I really think it will be after the end of this year. I like my job but I am feeling the need to have more time for things I like to do and also have more freedom to visit my grandbaby in California. :).

Time to hit the sewing room for a while before my sons and sis arrive later. Tim and Mandy will be going home tomorrow night. I will miss them.

Have a good day all.

KPH
March 21st, 2017, 10:23 AM
Morning all, it's going to be snowballing day for me, about 400 if my calculations are anywhere near close.

The photographer took tons of pictures yesterday of the house. Hopefully, it will get posted again today. After she left I went to the LQS to pick out the grey for Lexie's quilt. After supper, I cut all of the grey- making sure to have the one way print separated into horizontal and vertical pieces (the joys of getting a one way print).

Have a great day everyone!

Granny Judy
March 21st, 2017, 11:29 AM
Good Morning all. So much good news and things happening for everyone.. Getting some sewing done and visits.. Puts a big smile on my face to read about it all.

I'll be gone weds thru Monday this week, (gads, that's tomorrow). I'm flying to Fort Worth TX for my only Grand Daughter's Wedding. Her Father, My son, is picking my up at the airport and getting me to the hotel.. I haven't seen her since she graduated from high school.. and that been over 7 yrs ago. My son visited us last year so I got to hug him recently. I'll be catching up on those hugs..

I just finished sewing a batch of fat quarters together for the backing to a quilt top. I won't be able to sandwich & quilt til I get back.. I think it will be HERS if she likes red, cream, and brown.. otherwise I have another quilt that I can get finished for her. Just depends on the colors she likes. (I have a lot of catching up to do with this child) She used to spend 2 weeks with me in the summer every year.

JCY
March 21st, 2017, 01:07 PM
Good Morning! I have a pot of Anasazi beans cooking on the stove. One more stirring (every 30 min.) & they'll be done & ready to dish into the freezer containers. DH eats these every day at supper. He's easy to cook for. Except for the salads, I can cook large quantities ahead of time for the freezer. He eats the same foods every day for every meal. Yes, it's boring, but he has a lot of food allergies & intolerances, so it's just plain cooking for him. No onions, no spices, no tomatoes or citrus, just salt for seasoning. He eats no sweets.

I felt better yest. so got quite a bit accomplished sewing-wise. Cut & pressed the backing. Clipped the threads & pressed the quilt top. Also made minimal markings with the Frixion pen. Got the 9-patch Stars baby quilt sandwiched & basted. It's ready for FMQ. I need to do some practicing on my sample sandwich first. I'm still trying to decide on the quilting pattern & the thread color (pastel variegated or single color, maybe lt. blue). I hope to get going on that later today.

The Sunshine Fire W. of Boulder is 100% contained & those evacuated were able to return home. A total of 74 acres were burned; no structures damaged. Our lack of moisture this winter really has increased the fire danger.

Have a good day.