PDA

View Full Version : It's Monday and a brand new week

Monique
March 20th, 2017, 08:12 AM
Good morning friends. I hope this week is relatively quiet. It is still sad to see the burned out remains across the street. It is in plain view from where I sit. I am happy to report that the family will soon be all set to move into a new place. Donations have been pouring in. The family is so grateful. There will also be a benefit party in two weeks.

And so my work week has ended. I did manage to get a lot of quilting done on the big hexie quilt. Yesterday I worked on getting a label made. I printed it off the computer but that didn't work out so well. The ink ran when I tested it. Okay, so now I wrote by hand, tested, and it was okay. Tried about 3 times until I got it the way I liked. I framed it with the lone silk tie. I think it came out all right. I will take pictures later.

Today I am spending the day with a friend. I was supposed to paint a wall for her but that's when my MIL passed away. In any case, the wall was painted in my absence. We will sit and play cards all day. She was pretty happy when I told her I would spend the day with her. Les will pick me up when he is done working at 6. Tomorrow is Victoria's Quilts and then I have a dr's appointment. Wednesday I work 12-4 @ Shawville Post Office. Nothing for Thursday or Friday YET!!

I have a bunch of showers to attend in April, 2 baby showers and a bridal shower. I better get a move on with baby quilts.

Have a great day everyone.

pcbatiks
March 20th, 2017, 08:35 AM
Good morning, forum friends. This past weekend I helped my parents with a garage sale. The first day we froze (it was in the 40's :D ) and the 2nd day was a lot nicer weather.

This week will be busy. The huge charity book sale is this weekend. We will be sorting the last of donations, setting up a gym full of books to be ready for Friday morning. It will be busy but it's a lot of fun too.

Wish you all could come shop the book sale.

Hope everyone has a good week.

Iris Girl
March 20th, 2017, 08:40 AM
Spring has arrived officially. Someone please tell the snow outside its spring. Not much going on.work as usual.working on the turtle quilt did nothing on it yesterday. Sat I got the brick part done ready for the turtles. Suppose to be in the 50's today and tomorrow but get cold in the 20's on Weds.

JCY
March 20th, 2017, 09:05 AM
It feels like spring in Colo. It was 84 deg. yest. It's been unseasonably warm recently. We really need some rain. It's been so dry. Normally March & April are our snowiest months. Red flag warnings are out for many areas due to the dry conditions. There's a fire burning W. of Boulder, the Sunshine Fire. 426 homes evacuated & another 800 are on pre-evac. orders. So far no structures are damaged.

I have another dental appt. today to seat the permanent crown. Hopefully this will be the last of my dental work for a while.

I got no sewing done over the week end. The major accomplishment was getting our taxes finalized; the CPA pushed the send button for e-filing, so they've been sent.

Time to fix DH's breakfast. Have a good day.

Star lover
March 20th, 2017, 09:22 AM
Not much going on here. Spent the weekend doing a bunch of shopping and getting odds and ends done. Hoping to get in the sewing room and figure out plan D?....on a quilt I'm trying to finish. Just don't like what I have and my DH tells me one way and I don't like it. So back to the drawing board. Spring didn't get the message that she's on for now. Nope winter still here. Hope y'all have a great day!

mischiefkat
March 20th, 2017, 09:52 AM
Good Morning all,
I am late getting up again, still trying to get my body clock and the time change in sinc.
It is very dry here also had several serious fires last week,lost 3 homes... 2 of which were paid for but uninsured...so sadm Then a couple fires along the interstate probably from tossed cigarettes.
I sewed blocks for Good Night Irene last week. Now, I don't like them so I'll put them up for a bit and wait for an idea about what to do with them.
I have catechism this afternoon, two DR. appointments this week.... one for PT the other for the doc who ordered it. Hoping to be discharged from both. Everyone have a good day. Hugs & Prayers to all who need them. Kathy

Bubby
March 20th, 2017, 09:56 AM
Morning Everyone....We had a fairly calm weekend. Saturday we worked at the apartments most of the day and got home about 3 pm worn out. We ate a quick meal and settled in for the rest of the day in front of the TV. Jeff did some yard work yesterday but I stayed indoors because it was so cold and windy.

Today is the first day of Spring and they are saying it will be in the 80's. This remains to be seen. It would be nice to be able to open some windows and let in some fresh air. Jeff believed the weather forecast and went to work without a jacket.

I have been doing a little sewing, mostly snowballing corners. Why is it that so many of the quilts I like have so many snowballed corners? I guess I could make them the old-fashioned way. I broke a needle this morning....the first one since I've had my new machine. It made such a loud noise that Dottie came running and barking into the sewing room.

Joy, good luck with your dental appointment. Monique, enjoy you day of cards and visiting. Pam, you're up early today!

Have a wonderful day everyone....

pjyoder414@yahoo.com
March 20th, 2017, 10:00 AM
Good morning all,

Glad to start a new week. Hubby is improving daily. Today home health nurse comes by. I need to get on phone and make some calls to my DH doctors to setup some followup appointments.

Its been cold the last few mornings here in FL, though I realize when I say cold it probably is warm to many of you. Currently only 45 degrees, but it will warm up to the mid 70's.

Think I will get started on doing some laundry today, then start back squaring up my blocks to put together for my ribbon quilt.
I may work on another quilt in between though as I have 462 to square up, boring.

Hope everyone has a wonderful and a blessed week.

Ginny B
March 20th, 2017, 10:02 AM
Good morning and Happy Monday all. I have been having a great time with 3 of my 4 boys . Tim (#4 ds) and Mandy arrived on Wednesday. Then Rob (#2 ds) came to my house after work on Thursday and he spent the night. Then Friday after DH got off of work we packed up the cars, picked my sister up and headed up to Peekskill to Rob and John's place (John is #1 ds) for the weekend. We had a fun time and it was so beautiful with all the snow around.
Now dh and I are back home. We have a wedding to attend this evening (dh's niece). Then tomorrow Tim, Mandy and Rob will head back and we will have another couple of days to visit with them before they head home on Wednesday night.

Monique, I need to catch up here on the forum. Sorry to hear about the house fire across the street from you. How sad.

It's nice and bright and sunny here today. I need to do a bit of laundry and maybe spend a bit of time in the sewing room. Haven't been in there since last week except to show Tim my new embroidery machine. Have a good day all.

WendyI
March 20th, 2017, 10:17 AM
morning all. Dreary Monday here today and it's gonna be busy for me. I traded in my car on Friday. Was a bit disappointed as I had asked for it to have all the features my car did and it did not...but I like it anyway and I'm sure I will adapt. So forgot my transponder for my parking lot at work and my wheelchair permit in the old car, so had to go to parking services first thing to get a temp. permit. ugh. Work has slowed somewhat but still busy.

Had a date on Friday night and he was nuts. Are there no NORMAL men out there!!!?!?!? uhg. Supposed to have another next weekend and then I think I am gonna take a break for a while. Too much crazy out there!

Sending love and hugs to all!! xoxox

MaryUK
March 20th, 2017, 10:30 AM
It's cold, wet and windy here!! Been to the supermarket and spent the rest of the day watching Jenny's tutorials!! Need to do some ironing then I can justify slipping into the sewing room for the rest of the day, yayyyy!!!

I finished my UFO for March yesterday and have lots of small projects to do but I fancy sandwich and quilting another Linus quilt. Will see how I feel after the ironing!!

Hope you all have a good day!!

Cokie
March 20th, 2017, 11:28 PM
I have been doing a little sewing, mostly snowballing corners. Why is it that so many of the quilts I like have so many snowballed corners? I guess I could make them the old-fashioned way.

Have a wonderful day everyone....

What's the old fashioned way to snowball corners?

Star lover
March 21st, 2017, 07:09 AM
What's the old fashioned way to snowball corners?

Mmmm, got my curiosity going too .....