PDA

View Full Version : Saturday Morning Greetings

JCY
March 18th, 2017, 11:03 AM
I don't see anything yet from Monique or the others, so I'll start. I hope everyone is having a good week end.

Bubba, glad to hear your DH is doing so well with his recovery from surgery. Barb, glad you have more time with Olive. It was good to hear from Wendy I this week. Best wishes with the dating scenario.

This week I've been working on taxes. I believe everything finally got corrected & the e-filing was done by our accountant. Glad to have that done. Yest. eve. I got the blocks sewn together for the 9-patch star quilt. It's ready to have the threads clipped, pressed, then sandwiched & basted. I'm not sure how the FMQ will go. I still have some soreness in my shoulders, L. ribs, & neck from my car accident.

Headlines this a.m. announced our J. C. Penney store in one of 4 in Colo. to get the axe. It will be closing the doors in June. I seldom shop there, but occas. would find a good sale on something. I actually prefer Kohls. We have some big box stores sitting empty. K Mart, a Wal-Mart (2 super WMs were built in other parts of town). We have a new Sam's which is part of our newly re-done mall. The big Office Depot building has been made over into some sort of entertainment place with gaming, a bar, etc. The Hancock's site still is empty with a big for rent sign on it. So many changes. I think as people do more on-line shopping, other brick & mortar stores may close.

I noticed yest. that with all the unseasonably warm weather we've been having, my clematis is sprouting leaves! It's too early. I'll need to get them cut back ASAP. It's supposed to be close to 80 deg. today.

I have an appt. for a massage & some acupuncture at 10:15 today. Have a good week end.

pjyoder414@yahoo.com
March 18th, 2017, 11:10 AM
My DH came home from hospital yesterday. Praise God.

I hadn't done any sewing all week with DH in hospital so here's hoping I can get some done today between catching up on all of the other things that were neglected during the week.

Hope everyone has a wonderful blessed day.

Mimi_Howard
March 18th, 2017, 11:22 AM
It's nice to see good news off a weekend. Glad to hear Bubba and PJ's hubby are doing so well and Olive and mommie have more time together. Hope the good news entry can continue by all.

Iris Girl
March 18th, 2017, 11:50 AM
Morning all. Glad to see good news on all fronts. Cold here this morning. Expecting a package with grease and a gasket for my kitchenaide mixer. Needs to be repacked as its starting to make a squeeky sound. Over 20 years old so no complaints. After our financial advisor dropped the ball on our taxes in late Feb and then dropped us when we questioned it, making us scramble and go elsewhere. Our return will drop in the bank on the 22nd accord to IRS site! Yay!!! Been working on the turtle quilt. Have decided to sandwich the batting and top to do the brick quilting , then add the back to quilt the rest. So far I love it, so cute. Have a wonderful day all. Oh yes and I was called for jury duty, but only town so only 1 day if they need me.

shermur
March 18th, 2017, 12:09 PM
https://www.missouriquiltco.com/shop/dailydeal

The winning story in our annual Stitched Together Story Contest? Her name is Connie Bailey! I personally know this wonderful woman from Fort Smith, AR and a member of the Belle Point Quilt Guild. She is one of the most talented women I have ever met and she's is a sweet soul! Congrats to Connie Bailey!!!!!