PDA

View Full Version : Hunting successful!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!¨¨

mamaquilt
January 7th, 2012, 03:59 PM
Here I am again.
My hunting was successfull (does that word have 2 c, 2 ss as well as 2 ll)??????

I got a Bernina 430 as well as an embroidery modul in the sale!!!!!!!!!!! How good is that????

It took me some time and a lot of convincing DH to get another sewing machine. But I was reading that this machine was going out of series and thought it might be the moment to get one.
Since the Swiss make such good sewingmachines, I thought that would be it.

I'll only get the embroidery modul in a week or so, but meanwhile I can play with what I have on my new machine. Never had a machine that did embroyderies, nor had one with a screen showing what kind of stitch you're doing.
I would have choosen the Bernina 430 QE but that one does not do embroyderies, it is mainly for quilting. But since I do other crafts as well, when I'm not on the PC, I choose the Bernina 430.

@ Sandy, I was loaded with some money this morning, but that is all gone now. Actually I like shooting. But here in Luxembourg you have to belong to a club to go shooting or you'd have to have a hunting license, plus DH doesn't want me to shoot at all. So now I only shoot at fairs and get some plastic flowers or whatever rubbish they have.
greetings from Luxembourg and back to the sewing machine

HandsOffItsMine
January 7th, 2012, 04:04 PM
Glad to know no animals where actually killed in your hunting expedition!

Have fun learning all the new tricks on the machine! Make sure we get to see some new stuff!

MRoy
January 7th, 2012, 04:04 PM
Congratulations! You definitely bagged a trophy with your new machine! Have fun getting acquainted!

Bubby
January 7th, 2012, 05:13 PM
Congralutations on your conquest!! I think you bought a marvelous machine that you will enjoy for many years....YAY!!!

sewmuchjan
January 7th, 2012, 06:01 PM
Now that's my kind of "Hunting" trip!!!! :) :)
Have fun!! I am sure we will see more fab projects coming from the "Grand Duchy" from Luxembourg!!! :) :)

Hugs
Jan G

Sandy Navas
January 7th, 2012, 06:20 PM
I do believe she bagged herself a 12 pointer!! That's a "DEER" machine you brought home!

mamaquilt
January 7th, 2012, 07:58 PM
Played with it for a couple of hours and it must be more than a 12 pointer. Does that exist a 14 or 16 pointer? Anyway I have lots of fun so far and the next quilt is going to be assembled on that machine and maybe even quilted. Have to see.

Had a lot of fun on your comments. Have a nice Sunday and a good night

Michèle

meemeecyn
January 7th, 2012, 08:04 PM
Yipppppeeeee!! That is great news! I think you bagged the right 'animal', for sure!!!!
Cynthia

Blondie
January 7th, 2012, 08:07 PM
How happy I am to read of your hunting trip. You did an excellent job in tracking down your subject. I am so envious!