PDA

View Full Version : MM just called.....

bubba
March 17th, 2017, 11:08 PM
The surgeon had stopped by and is amazed at how well he is doing. He told him he can go home tomorrow if he wants, or stay until they remove the drains. I vote he stay until they remove the drains because I can't deal with those things. I told him if he thinks he can handle draining them himself, he can come home, otherwise he is waiting until they remove them. On Wednesday, the last day I was there, he had two of them in and they were still collecting a lot of stuff in them. I don't even like looking at them!

Since he didn't volunteer the information, I asked if he had had any visitors and he said an old friend stopped by. I knew he was going to, but didn't tell him in case he didn't. Sounded like they had a nice visit.

CraftyJnet
March 17th, 2017, 11:11 PM
This is great news! I'm with you in terms of staying till the drains are gone. Also, that will give you a little more time to rest and get better.

pcbatiks
March 17th, 2017, 11:26 PM
Good news! Another vote for staying until the drains are removed. Glad to hear he is doing well.

grammaterry
March 17th, 2017, 11:36 PM
Me too asking as they are giving good care

Mimi_Howard
March 17th, 2017, 11:43 PM
My late husband opted to come home with drains still in. And that did cause more worry and work on my part. So I also vote for him to stay until all drains are gone. Less worry and stress on you. In the end all worked out well but it would have been easier without the accessories.

Caroline T.
March 18th, 2017, 12:32 AM
Hah, he's just looking forward to 5 more sponge baths from the cute nurse he didn't tell you about :lol:
Seriously though, i'm with you, I don't think I could handle the drains either. There will be plenty of comforting and pampering for you to do when he gets home. Hope you feel well enough to go visit tomorrow, I know you two miss each other bunches.

auntiemern
March 18th, 2017, 12:38 AM
Glad all is going well, and he will be coming home soon....without the drains.

stationarymom
March 18th, 2017, 01:19 AM
What good news,I would want him to wait until the drains are out also.

Simply Quilting
March 18th, 2017, 01:20 AM
Wonderful news. I vote for him to stay at the hospital because at this moment, his immune system is low and you are sick. Both of you need time to get feeling better.

bubba
March 18th, 2017, 02:19 AM
I've told him every lady on the forum who responded agreed with me. I think I have him convinced as well!

Star lover
March 18th, 2017, 07:41 AM
I've told him every lady on the forum who responded agreed with me. I think I have him convinced as well!

Yahoo! Good for both of you! Take care ..... I guess now there's two of you who need to heal. Still praying.

Sandy Navas
March 18th, 2017, 08:45 AM
I'm not going to tell you what I think because my message will get deleted . . .

Monique
March 18th, 2017, 10:01 AM

I agree, he should stay in until all drains are removed. Not being selfish for you, but you also need to look after yourself and make yourself well again before he comes home. You just don't need this right now.

pjyoder414@yahoo.com
March 18th, 2017, 10:52 AM
Great news, so happy for the both of you

JaniceR
March 18th, 2017, 01:13 PM
So happy to hear things are going so well with MM, wish you felt better!

I'll throw my opinion in as well - seems the safest & best thing for you both is for him to stay there until the drains are removed.

Please take care of yourself too. Prayers will continue for you both.

seaturtle
March 18th, 2017, 03:25 PM
Glad to hear he is doing so well and hope you're feeling better, too. And I agree, those drains need to stay at the hospital!