• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TMP
    Missouri Star
    • Apr 2014

I think it died

I don't know if ya'll remember me telling you about the foot coming apart while I was quilting on my Juki TL-2010Q I received a new foot from the company and took it to a shop to have it looked at and serviced . The elderly man was really nice but I don't think he really was familiar with Juki's even though he sold them. It has never sewn right since that happened.
    Yesterday it made an evil growl and just stopped. I lacked about 6 inches more finishing the quilt. I then noticed that the last couple rows was sewn with awful stitches on the back. It took forever but I ripped out the mess. We took the machine off the frame I redid everything thread, bobbin needle, oiled and clean everything I could think of even searched the net for possible solutions. Still material will not feed material through it ( and throat plate was up too). I took it to another store that said they had been in business since 1950 and said they could repair anything. They said it takes three weeks to repair. I know I'm being silly but I'm so hooked on quilting that I feel like I just want to scream 3 weeks without my machine. DH said your having withdrawals. I guess its like crack to me.
    Teresa
    Pelham, Alabama
    War Eagle!!!
  • KPH
    Missouri Star
    • Feb 2015

Re: I think it died

I feel your pain. My DH talking with the realtor said, no way he was telling me to pack up my sewing room before we had someone on the hook. He wanted to live longer.

I think he was hinting that if I didn't have anything to work on, I'd find plenty for him to do. Or maybe I'd be in jail for killing him. Anyway, she didn't say anything about my sewing room. Just to hide everything before pictures or a showing. lol, easy, peasy.
    Katrina
    From NC, retired in FL
    “Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.” Maya Angelou

Comment

• bubba
      Missouri Star
      • Mar 2013

I've only had mine a couple years now and it stopped sewing 2x in the past six months. First time, MM took it apart (he is very mechanically inclined) and fixed it. It had to do with the bobbin winder. Second time it was the bobbin winder again but he did not take it apart, just fiddled with it from the outside. I had not even used the winder since the first time as I was winding the bobbins a different way.

I hope they fix whatever is ailing him.
      pat.

No rain....no rainbows!

sigpic

If you can't be nice.....BE QUIET!

Comment

• grammaterry
        Missouri Star
        • Dec 2015

How old is your machine
        success is walking from failure to failure with no loss of enthusiam
        Terry of NC

Comment

• TMP
          Missouri Star
          • Apr 2014

DH is taking me Monday to look at long arms. I call him my enabler.
          Teresa
          Pelham, Alabama
          War Eagle!!!

Comment

• cashs_mom
            Quilting Royalty
            • Jun 2016

Originally posted by TMP View Post
            DH is taking me Monday to look at long arms. I call him my enabler.
            Mine has bought me several of my vintage machines. He's definitely an enabler.
            Patrice S

Bernina Artista 180, Singer 301a, Featherweight, Rocketeer

Comment

Working...
            X