PDA

View Full Version : Update On Little Olive....

Bubby
March 17th, 2017, 04:44 PM
Olive visited the vet and she was x-rayed, scanned and scoped. She also had lab tests. She has two new tumors, both on her lungs. Tom feels these are metastasized tumors from the transitional cell carcinoma in her urethra/bladder. At this time these tumors aren't causing her current issue. She has a very bad case of GERD (acid reflux) that's causing the vomiting and coughing/gagging. This is likely being caused by the Prednisone and chemo drug Doxorubicin. According to Tom, this can be treated effectively and quickly. He fully understands that we don't want Olive to suffer. Tom says the end is near, but not today. She has two new antibiotics and three more scripts for her GERD.

Thank you all so much for your prayers and positive thoughts. Love, Barb

jjkaiser
March 17th, 2017, 04:47 PM
Poor Olive, she is so tiny no wonder she feels the side effects of her meds so acutely. I know you are doing your best to keep her comfortable. Hugs to all.

Cathy F
March 17th, 2017, 05:24 PM
Barb, I'm glad that you and Jeff will have a little more time with Olive and that today's problem with the GERD is easily fixed to make her more comfortable. Hugs, dear friend.

Jean Sewing Machine
March 17th, 2017, 06:03 PM
Wow! Barb! Glad she can have medicine to help her feel better!

QuiltingRN
March 17th, 2017, 06:34 PM
I am glad they were able to give her something to make her more comfortable. Hugs to you!

Iris Girl
March 17th, 2017, 06:48 PM
so happy there are meds to make little Olive more comfortable and you get to have more time with her. (((HUGS)))

cv quilter
March 17th, 2017, 08:09 PM
Your post brings a smile tonight, Barb. So glad that Olive's current ailment is treatable and that you have more sweet time to spend with her. It's hard to be in your position (I know) and will just keep sending up those prayers for all of you.

pcbatiks
March 17th, 2017, 08:14 PM
Sweet little Olive........wish I could pet her and give her a hug.

And hugs to you too.

cv quilter
March 17th, 2017, 09:10 PM
Barb, your mailbox is full...trying to send you a message.

ilive2craft2
March 17th, 2017, 09:13 PM
Such a hard thing to go through with your beloved pet. Hugs to all of you.

EnumclawGramma
March 17th, 2017, 09:14 PM
Poor little lamb. This has to be hard on Olive, leaving the house when you don't feel good, getting handled by the doctor, just the trial of the day.....

I love animals more than I'm willing to admit (almost), and I want you to know I've got you in my heart and prayers Barb. Jeff too. And of course your sweet Olive. And I am glad you have more time with her.

Sandy Navas
March 17th, 2017, 09:17 PM
Sending special hugs and special prayers! Enjoy every precious moment.

sew-what2015
March 17th, 2017, 09:34 PM
Glad to hear that they can help Little Olive and ease her discomfort.

Star lover
March 17th, 2017, 09:54 PM
Treasure every moment, they go so quickly. Will continue to pray.

PatinValrico
March 17th, 2017, 10:10 PM
Small mercies...prayers continue.

auntiemern
March 18th, 2017, 12:40 AM
Continued prayers for all of you sweetie. You are such a good mom to her.

MRoy
March 18th, 2017, 09:11 AM
Prayers for little Olive continue. I know you cherish your time with her. (((HUGS)))

Monique
March 18th, 2017, 09:56 AM
I am glad you have more time to spend with Olive.