PDA

View Full Version : It's Friday AND St. Patrick's Day

Monique
March 17th, 2017, 06:24 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N7IAS4ZfCpw&index=51&list=PL6UaLm-3CBunBukXqnIoE3fqKvRGl9hCe

There's a little Irish song for ye!!

And a little blessing

Good morning friends and Happy St. Patrick's Day.

I am happy to say there is no smoldering this morning. The Fire Department had to be called in again yesterday afternoon, so my neighbour told me. I will be glad when the remains of the fire are all cleaned up. It is so weird sitting here at the computer and seeing the burned out house. I have seen that house there for as long as I have lived here, 30+ years.

Well my week of work ends today and I won't be sorry. I will be sorry that I can't just quilt all day though. I have gotten a lot done this week.

Well Les took Doug to his appointment yesterday. He has arthritis in one hand and carpel tunnel in the other. Doug just turned 77. He has a bunch of medications to take. I will go visit him before I go to work this morning.

I got the new battery installed in the van yesterday morning and he also replaced my wiper blades that I had bought.

I am not sure what this weekend will hold. Les and I have been like two ships passing in the night.

Not much else going on. Have a great day everyone.

sew-what2015
March 17th, 2017, 07:19 AM
Happy Paddy's Day! Nice calm morning here but cold. I haven't got much Irish ancestry but I will wear green to honor the day. I have chores/ housework to do and then plan to relax in the evening. Don't cook on Fridays so that's good...maybe eat out today or order in. Everyone have a good day.

Bubby
March 17th, 2017, 07:27 AM
Morning Everyone and Happy St Pat's Day!

Monique, I think I caught your cold....a miserable one it is, too.

Jenny's new tutorial is cute and would make a darling baby blanket. My head seems to be on baby blankets lately.

Wishing everyone a good day....

Monique
March 17th, 2017, 07:28 AM
Morning Everyone and Happy St Pat's Day!

Monique, I think I caught your cold....a miserable one it is, too.

Jenny's new tutorial is cute and would make a darling baby blanket. My head seems to be on baby blankets lately.

Wishing everyone a good day....

I swear I didn't send it to you. Feel better and real soon.

Star lover
March 17th, 2017, 07:29 AM
Happy St. Pat's to all. Hoping to go to a memorial service later today if the weather behaves. Sounds like a mixed bag of stuff coming in. Been working on a quilt top that just isn't done....needs something....been lookin at it for a week and trying test stuff, still not what I want. Husband thinks one way - don't like it. So I keep trying. Will do so again today. Who knows... This is the quilt I'm making as a tribute to my father, who passed away a year ago. Hope everyone is staying warm and comfortable and healthy. Enjoy today while you still can.

Iris Girl
March 17th, 2017, 08:43 AM
Happy St. Patty's Day all! Its Friday finally. Way too much snow and more on its way. The whole week has me off balance and confused what day it is. Friday is truck day at the store. Not this week do to the whether, so no truck, no work for my Son. That will happen tomorrow...grr my shopping day and my shopping Buddy (my son ) will be working. that will happen Sunday. Already told them no fancy Sunday dinner since we will be shopping then. Hubby had no deliveries yesterday but spent the day on the backhoe plowing the lot so they can get the deliveries loaded and out. Not sure what he is doing today Spring please. This was my crocuses before the storm I wonder how they are doing now ? :( 141127 Hope everyone has a safe day. Extra hugs to Barb and Olive.

Carlie Wolf
March 17th, 2017, 10:00 AM
Happy St Patrick's Day :-) I love St Patrick's Day, always have.
Today I get to cook up my homemade Corned Beef and Cabbage. Yup, Bubble and Squeak as my Grandmother called it. It's made from scratch with my own brine and marinading for the last 7 days. Then I get to make Reuben sandwiches and also fried cabbage with the leftovers over the next week. My mini quilt is hanging up on the door and it's my favorite holiday hanging. The only things missing are Irish music (I keep forgetting to order a few CD's which I love) and a fold n stitch Irish centerpiece (which I didn't get time to make to go with the wall hanging). I love my Irish roots!!!

grammaterry
March 17th, 2017, 10:17 AM
Happy St Patrick's day to you-all.

pjyoder414@yahoo.com
March 17th, 2017, 11:09 AM
Happy St. Patrick's day to all,

This day always brings back great loving memories of my Irish grandmother

JCY
March 17th, 2017, 11:48 AM
It's a sunny morning. It was 83 deg. yest. My hyacinths are starting to bloom!

The laundry is going. I plan to swing by my tax acct. & finalize my tax info. so she can push the send button for e-filing. Then to the local natural grocers to pick up a case of soy milk I special ordered. They rarely have enough of my brand on the shelf to make a case (12 qts.), so I have to special order it. One gets a discount for a full case. The brand I buy is made with reverse osmosis water rather than just "filtered water", which could mean anything.

Yest. I made a sample star block for practice quilting. I started to sew together the blocks of the Scrappy 9-Patch Star quilt into rows. I frequently do 3 x 4 layouts of 12" blocks. It makes a nice size for a baby quilt without having to piece the backing. I also signed up for Angela Walters' Craftsy class of "Dot-to-Dot" FMQ. I didn't get all the lessons viewed yet. Some of her techniques I already have been using from reading her books. I liked her comment, "Close enough is good enough." We don't have to be perfect to have a good looking quilt. When using a DSM, she just eyeballs it. But when using a LA, she said she uses rulers. For the class she used a DSM & the Supreme Slider.

Time to get my breakfast. Happy St. Pat's Day.