PDA

View Full Version : ENOUGH!!!!

bubba
March 16th, 2017, 05:44 PM
Alex's school just called. She was at recess, got hit in the head, was unconscious, medics were called and she on the way to the hospital in an ambulance. I am too sick to go down there, so hopefully her aunt will suffice.

I've had just about all I can take....

Simply Quilting
March 16th, 2017, 05:48 PM
{{{HUGS}}} Praying that she is okay, you get well soon and MM is well taken care & continues to mend today.

Caroline T.
March 16th, 2017, 06:25 PM
Oh, Pat I'm so sorry. It seems fate is just not giving you a break lately. I pray that Alex is ok, and that her aunt will be able to handle this event.

I'm seriously thinking that once MM is home and feeling well enough to be able to be left alone for awhile, I'm going to pickup Enumclawgramma and we're going to come over and abduct you for a girl's day out, a wonderful lunch and maybe a mani/pedi, or a spa treatment. Something special just for you. I can't think of anyone right now that I feel is more deserving and needs a bit of pampering.

bubba
March 16th, 2017, 06:48 PM
Oh, Pat I'm so sorry. It seems fate is just not giving you a break lately. I pray that Alex is ok, and that her aunt will be able to handle this event.

I'm seriously thinking that once MM is home and feeling well enough to be able to be left alone for awhile, I'm going to pickup Enumclawgramma and we're going to come over and abduct you for a girl's day out, a wonderful lunch and maybe a mani/pedi, or a spa treatment. Something special just for you. I can't think of anyone right now that I feel is more deserving and needs a bit of pampering.

Wouldn't that be wonderful!!

I just spoke to Heather, my oldest daughter. She is at the hospital now. The doctor is not concerned and they are getting ready to send her back to xray. My guess is a slight concussion and she will stay home from school tomorrow.

I'll let you know more when I find out.

Star lover
March 16th, 2017, 06:54 PM
O my, too much going on. Bottom line, can only do what you can do. I'm my thoughts and prayers.

bubba
March 16th, 2017, 06:58 PM
Just spoke to my oldest daughter who is with the doctor. Doctor is not concerned, doing some xrays to be on the safe side. Probably just a concussion and he said she should be going home soon.

Sandy Navas
March 16th, 2017, 06:59 PM
Durn, GF - what expression 'when it rains it pours' comes to mind. I agree that you need a Girl's Day Out.

Monique
March 16th, 2017, 07:04 PM
I sure wish I could help. Don't forget to look after yourself too.

Hulamoon
March 16th, 2017, 07:10 PM
((hugs)) my youngest got a couple of those playing soccer. I really wanted for her to stop. She finally lost interest thank goodness. I think they finally stopped encouraging that head butt sh*t too.

bubba
March 16th, 2017, 07:13 PM
I'm presently under fleece in my pj's, socks and a hoody reclined on my couch. A nap is sounding pretty good. Oh, more meds first!

Doloris
March 16th, 2017, 07:28 PM
Durn, GF - what expression 'when it rains it pours' comes to mind. I agree that you need a Girl's Day Out.

that is exactly what I said when she told me. Certainly been an eventful week in Washington

KarenC
March 16th, 2017, 07:56 PM
Definitely has been a lot going on for you this week. Hope you feel better soon and glad to hear that doc thinks Alex will be fine. I agree that a GF day of fun sounds much needed once you are mended. Hang in there and take care of yourself.

KPH
March 16th, 2017, 08:08 PM
Glad she's alright. Take care.

At least they called, my son got hit in the eye with a soft ball. Nobody bothered to call me, even though he was bleeding from where the impact hit his artificial eye and cut the tissue underneath. lol, years have gone by, but it still makes my blood boil thinking about it.

EnumclawGramma
March 16th, 2017, 09:17 PM
Jumping on and in here real quick to let ya know I'm thinking about you! Sounds like all's going to be ok, so now focus on you and MM. How's your foot?

And I'm down with a girl's day down the road when things settle down for you. And I promise, they WILL!

Sunshine today. That's got to help!

grammaterry
March 16th, 2017, 11:56 PM
Oh sweet Bubba, you need to focus on yourself. Too many troubled times have happened to you recently. We will pray

bubba
March 17th, 2017, 12:17 AM
Just got back from the drugstore, stocked up on Nyquil and Tylenol cold/sinus. I asked my daughter who is here to swing by there, but she was still at the ER, so I put on my dressy pj's and my m* hoody and drug myself down there.

Now I'm back under my blankey......

kaydee
March 17th, 2017, 01:23 AM
so I put on my dressy pj's and my m* hoody and drug myself down there.

Very courageous of you . . .

Now I'm back under my blankey......

For the love of all things good, STAY THERE!

toggpine
March 17th, 2017, 12:31 PM
I'm in for help if you need it this weekend. You have my number.

ilive2craft2
March 17th, 2017, 09:19 PM
Way too much going on for you - no wonder you are sick! All of that stress really takes a hit on your immune system. Keeping you all in my prayers.

toggpine
March 17th, 2017, 10:49 PM
Who handed out the queasy bug?

bubba
March 17th, 2017, 11:02 PM
Who handed out the queasy bug?

Dunno, but they better hope I never find out! My sister, Paula, called a bit ago. She was at the hospital with me on Monday and said she has a sore scratchy throat....that is just how mine started. I told her and she said she refuses to get sick......I told myself the same thing and apparently I lied.

Caroline T.
March 18th, 2017, 12:38 AM
You both probably picked it up at the hospital.

auntiemern
March 18th, 2017, 01:11 PM
Take care of you first. Because if you aren't well, you can't take care of anyone else. I agree with Sandy, when it rains it pours. This too shall pass.