PDA

View Full Version : Tough Day Update

Star lover
March 16th, 2017, 01:39 PM
It put this on the other thread and wasn't sure if anyone saw it, so here it is:

Words can't express my gratitude for all your kind and comforting words. Oh, they mean so much to me and my family. I was waiting to update when I had something to update with. So far my mom hasn't gotten word of anything. She's been told nothing, so we wait. We're hopeful today we'll learn more and go from there. Again thank you; you are such treasures and the world needs more people like you! You're the best!

I do have an update. There is no autopsy. The police investigated and saw no foul play. My uncle talked to my brother Saturday evening and had mentioned he had just found out that if you're an unattached (read unmarried) you can now be interred at Arlington Cemetary, if you are cremated. My uncle wanted to be interred there. Mounds of paper work, but my brother is able to be with my mother for a little while. He drove down from Cleveland, OH. So my mom feels better about everything. A granddaughter and her boyfriend were there and able to stay until Sunday. So she has some support.

Again, I can't thank you all enough for for comfort and prayers - in means the world to me. You are all such a blessing!

redcaboose1717
March 16th, 2017, 03:17 PM
My nephew was interred at the Fort Custer Cemetery here in Michigan near Battle Creek, MI . He passed away the end of Feb 2017. He was just 52 yrs old. He served with the Army Special Forces.
He burial service was so nice. So many retired servicemen showed up at the cemetery on the day of his burial. His 28 yr old son was soooo proud. It's amazing that there's services held for the veteran every 30 minutes at Fort Custer.

My sympathy to your family.

Star lover
March 16th, 2017, 03:32 PM
My nephew was interred at the Fort Custer Cemetery here in Michigan near Battle Creek, MI . He passed away the end of Feb 2017. He was just 52 yrs old. He served with the Army Special Forces.
He burial service was so nice. So many retired servicemen showed up at the cemetery on the day of his burial. His 28 yr old son was soooo proud. It's amazing that there's services held for the veteran every 30 minutes at Fort Custer.

My sympathy to your family.

As of yet we have no idea how it'll happen. Sounds like there wil be military personnel and it will be scheduled so that there aren't too many in any given area at a time. But it sounds like a special service. Thanks for your comforting words.

JCY
March 16th, 2017, 04:45 PM
My DH is a veteran & plans to be buried at Ft. Logan in Denver. Arlington is a beautiful cemetery & resting place for our veterans.