PDA

View Full Version : update on me for those who are interested

WendyI
March 16th, 2017, 01:12 PM
Hey everyone!

Trying to get in here more often but work is so crazy busy right now. I went from a supervisor who knew everything to one who knows nothing and expects me to...so it's nuts! BUT I am learning a LOT so that's amazing.

I have started dating as you know...and I can tell you...if I see one more dead fish in someones profile I'm gonna scream!!! Online dating sucks horribly!

On the plus side....I have lost 45 lbs!! Every day someone stops and notices so it's kind of cool!! Only 98 more to go! ugh.

Taking two university courses this term. LOVING one. Absolutely HATING the other. wish me luck!!!

I'm off to a wellness workshop today and I'm really going to enjoy it!

Missing you all a lot and hoping to get back into quilting soon!!! HUGS AND LOVE to EVERYONE!! miss you all!! xoxo

Midge
March 16th, 2017, 01:18 PM
Wendy, it's great to hear that you are engaged in new things and enjoying it. Two courses plus a full time job sounds like a very busy schedule. Good luck with that, and I'm sure it helps that you love one of the classes. New bosses. Ugh. Nuff said about that... As for the dating life of mature adults, well...it's not pretty, is it? Guess it's no wonder you have no time to start a new sewing project, but courses end and things will eventually seem to lighten up a bit. And in the meantime you can dream and plan the next one. And btw, happy belated birthday.

Kgrammiecaz
March 16th, 2017, 01:19 PM
Wendy, it is so good to hear from you and to hear things are going rather well. I never could get into that online dating. Scared me a bit. Lost 45 lbs, awesome - what is your trick. I know it must make you feel amazing. I also would love to hear more about your wellness workshop.

Keep on this track, sounds like it is perfect for you. Looking forward to seeing you back to quilting which we all know you love.

mischiefkat
March 16th, 2017, 01:22 PM
Always good to hear about your adventures, Wendy. Sounds like things are going well for you. Yeah, all except the dating issues. There are lots of frogs and only a few princes out there. There is a prince out there for you. ... Al found his princess... Have a good day and don't be a stranger to the forum. Kathy

alliek
March 16th, 2017, 01:39 PM
Wendy, you sound excited by life! Wonderful. Peace and Love . You are doing amazing. Thanks for letting us know.

RockinLou
March 16th, 2017, 02:06 PM
Wendy! I'm so glad that you dropped in to update us, I have a new boss this year too, and it's about the same kind of chaos here... today I looked him directly in the face and said "I'm really sorry, but I'm not sure why you expect me to solve this problem" which might sound rude, but a month ago he was after me for being too assertive and usurping his role... and then today grovelling for my help! UGH!

As regards the classes, good for you that you love one of them, which is it?

Online dating frightens me, and by the dead fish I am going to assume that these are avid fishermen?? I'd rather see a dead fish than a slaughtered deer/elk/moose/lion

How's the parrot and the boy?

amartin24
March 16th, 2017, 02:54 PM
It's good to hear you are busy and doing some positive things moving forward. Best of luck to you in your endeavors! I guess, just try to keep your sense of humor intact in all of this!

redcaboose1717
March 16th, 2017, 03:24 PM
Wendy, it is so good to hear from you and to hear things are going rather well. I never could get into that online dating. Scared me a bit. Lost 45 lbs, awesome - what is your trick. I know it must make you feel amazing. I also would love to hear more about your wellness workshop.

Keep on this track, sounds like it is perfect for you. Looking forward to seeing you back to quilting which we all know you love.

A few years back I lost 55 lbs by doing away with all the night time "treats"......I began to eat popsicles whenever I felt I wanted something a little "sweet". I also only ate "1/2" of what I dished up for dinner as well ( used a salad plate). I normally would eat 2-3 popsicles per day when I was doing this 'diet"

OF course this past year, I lost a lot of weight being ill....and that's no way to lose weight !! LOL

I still use the "popsicle" diet......I found it really works for me as I was really surprised on how much weight I lost the first time I started that popsicle diet. BTW....I just purchase regular popsicles, although you could purchase Sugar-Free ones. I don't drink a lot of soda beverages either. I would honestly say that Spaghetti is a downfall for me.

kaydee
March 16th, 2017, 03:47 PM
if I see one more dead fish in someones profile I'm gonna scream!!! Online dating sucks horribly!

So, just to clarify, these "dead fish" you speak of . . . are those literal? or figurative?

:lol:

Bubby
March 16th, 2017, 03:57 PM
Great hearing from you....!! Online dating can be a real crapshoot. Congrats on the weight loss....that's great. Keep us posted when you can....HUGS.

sassygranny
March 16th, 2017, 04:33 PM
Wendy - so glad to hear you're doing well. I've been lurking for a while and not saying much, but your comment on dating gave me a chuckle. I found my Prince Charming (finally!!!) but it was after kissing a lot of frogs. What I found amusing was all those guys out there who finally acquired that motorcycle their wives wouldn't let them have...and were looking for a girlfriend to hop on back of the thing. Sort of similar to dead fish. :)

Iris Girl
March 16th, 2017, 04:46 PM
Wendy so good to hear from you! You have been missed. So happy things are working out for you! Wow full time work and 2 courses, you have your hands full! Online dating is a crappy thing. There was a time hubby and I were not getting along and he suggested I look into it. UGH!!!! everyone is a creepy lies about everything from their name to how much they have/make and where they live how they look and if they are married already. We worked things out. Not great but better then that scene for sure. Hope you get some time for sewing in between things. I know there is a prince charming for you out there. Depends on what you are willing to accept. Too high of standards are as bad as too low. Grats on the weight loss!!!! Keep it up GF wish I could drop about 100 pounds. My downfall is soda and bread and butter.

SallyO'Sews
March 17th, 2017, 12:39 AM
Hi, Wendy, so glad to hear from you! I'm so impressed with your weight loss, and would love to know your secret. My problem is not willpower, is "Won't Power".... :D :icon_rolleyes:

I know you're going to do great with both your courses; just hang in there!

Hope Liam is well; I'm afraid to ask how old he is now!

Well, my dear, take care, come back often, and stay away from the dead fish!! :icon_razz:

stationarymom
March 17th, 2017, 01:00 AM
Wendy I'm so glad to hear from you.It sounds like life is looking up and you are moving forward, good for you.Congrats on the weight loss and good luck with the online dating.I wish you all the best.

Monique
March 17th, 2017, 06:00 AM
It is good to hear from you Wendy. Busy is good but don't forget to look after Wendy. Congratulations on the weight loss, I need to 'do something' too. Good luck on the dating part. Keep us posted when you can.

seaturtle
March 17th, 2017, 12:22 PM
Wendy, so glad you popped in to give an update. Happy to hear things are going so well. You've come a long way. Big congrats on the weight loss - would love to hear your secret. You are 1/2 way through the semester and that'll be 2 classes closer to your goal! Can't imagine the dating game in this day and age - good luck! Remember to take some time for you and let us know how you're doing every now and then.

Navy Wife
March 17th, 2017, 01:32 PM
So great to hear from you. I know you are busy, busy with school and work. Great news about the weight loss. I wish I could lose about 30 or 40. Take care of yourself!

WendyI
March 17th, 2017, 01:51 PM
Hi Everyone!! Thanks so much for all the kind words and encouragement!! Love you all! xoxo

For the weight loss...I basically am just sick of eating. I got diagnosed with type ll diabetes and seem to have lost my appetite with the medication which is weird. So I eat breakfast and lunch...try to have protein in every meal and when I do it, I have more than halfed my portions. Also started drinking matcha tea with Truvia and I think that has been helping. Supposed to be a metabolism booster....and I think it's working!

As for the dead fish...yes I mean the only pics men seem to have is of them holding dead fish! Like seriously! Get your kid or a friend or co-worker to take some pics of you for crying out loud!! And soooo many men who try to date out of their league if you kwim. Anyway...I've met a few frogs, some really nice guys but no spark so we will see. Meeting another guy tonight and maybe tomorrow and then someone else on Sunday maybe. Then I think I might have to take a break for a while. Men are a pain in the a$$. LOL!

I am really enjoying my history course. It's based on the effects of both world wars on European Society and I am a WWl11 buff so I really enjoy it! Learning new things about it is so interesting! The other course I am doing online and it's psych 101...uhg. It is extremely reading intensive...4 to 6 chapters a week plus and online lecture. Brutal.

I also traded in my Kia Forte for a Kia Sportage! I pick up my new vehicle at 4 p.m. tonight so excited about that.

Liam is now 14.5 and in his second semester of grade 9 and doing really well. He's okay with me dating and I of course do not introduce him to any of them. If I ever meet someone to be serious about then that will be a different story. His dad of course has moved his new woman in with him in the new house he bought. What an idiot. I will not live with anyone again I don't think.

Anyway...I'll keep you posted. Should put a sticky thread for Wendy's dating adventures!! HAHAHAHA!!

Love to all and thinking of everyone!! xoxox

KarenC
March 17th, 2017, 05:14 PM
So great to hear from you. Congrats on the weight loss. Your life sounds hectic with work, school, and now dating. I can't convince myself yet to date again. After being single now for 8 years, I don'the know if I could share myself freely again. We'll see. I am a believer in never saying never.

auntiemern
March 18th, 2017, 12:43 AM
Glad to hear from you. Keep on hanging on...things will get better.