PDA

View Full Version : Good Saturday Morning!

Blondie
January 7th, 2012, 07:48 AM

Happy Day everyone!

Yesterday was a wee bit better than the usual Friday. I survived. And sweet old gurl, the only thing I am going through on Fridays is generally a few really testy clients. I used to have appts for them on different days to sort of share the joy, hehe, but then I am not always in control of their schedules. Sigh. I do try to make the testier one my last standing appt of the day. Then I go home, grab either the dog or cat, make faces at my husband and then sit in the corner sucking my thumb until the morning. Hey, whatever works, right?

I went to my downstairs "studio" last evening and began cleaning it out again. I was in such a sewing frenzy before Christmas, I hate to admit what state I left it in. I still have more cleaning to do but gosh, it felt good to touch fabric again, even if it was scraps and sweepings.

Hey! Speaking of weather, it was really cold this week and then got almost tropical. What???? I am not begging for the cold weather that freezes the boogies in your nose but this kind of mildness doesn't seem right. Of course, our worst always seems to come late January -Feb.

Well, rambling here because the coffee is superb this morning. I wish you all a wonderful day! I am off to the shower, perhaps even shave my legs - not! Hope you have some giggles today.

KiltedQuilter
January 7th, 2012, 09:18 AM
Well waddayaknow, the baby slept ALL night last night! YES! from 8.30pm until......6.30AM!
Best night's sleep in well over a year now! Hurrah....fingers crossed for tonight.

Sunny and blue sky here today. Grocery shopping later with the boys(lucky that it's only the kiddies, daddy doesn't do very well at the shops)!
Might get a bit of sewing or shock horror! reading done later if baby does go down well again tonight.

Monique
January 7th, 2012, 09:20 AM
Good Saturday morning.

I am in Kingston this morning. Waiting for the baby to wake up. The gang has left for the hall as today is the big Bridal Show. I finished sewing the binding on last night at midnight. Tired this morning. Does it ever look nice. Let's hope we raise lots of money for Breast Cancer.

So no sewing for this chick today, but I did get to Fabricland and buy Christmas fabric at 60% off.

Off I go. See you later.

Shannon
January 7th, 2012, 09:46 AM
Good morning everyone :)

The power went off last night so I had to run all over the house resetting everything once it came back on.
Got the bedroom clocks set and apparently in my zeal I set the alarm.....for 4am. Yes ladies I got blasted out of bed at 4am on a Saturday, grrrr so cranky!

Oh well, I'm up now. Hoping my visit thru the forum will cheer me up and put a better spin on my day :)

have a good day

DCM
January 7th, 2012, 09:51 AM
Have a wonderful Saturday everyone. I got up when the dog wanted me to be up, not when I wanted to be up this morning and now he's snoring in his bed! I hope to square up the 42 15" blocks for my son's quilt so I can sew them together and get it to the quilter next weekend.

Bubby
January 7th, 2012, 10:17 AM
Good Morning Everyone...

Another lazy Saturday. I just got Molly walked, fed and medicated and DH is still in bed. He usually gets up early on Saturday so I can sleep in a little...but today he was out like a rock!

Shannon I've done the very same thing with the alarm...just look at it as extra time to quilt!!! Blondie, we're having the same strange winter weather. It makes me worry about the pre-Spring tonado season. I've lived here many years and have never seen winter weather like this.

While the house is quiet I'm going to slip into my sewing chair and see what I can get done before DH wakes us all up..LOL!

Wishing all of you a beautiful day....Hugs, Barb

Loonwatcher
January 7th, 2012, 10:29 AM
Good morning all,

Blondie & Barb - that weather can sure be weird but wait 5 min. it'll change.

KQ - congrats on teh baby sleeping through the night. YAY!

Shannon - I can relate to your alarm whoa's.

I'm off to aqua aerobics then back to my sewing room. I'm hoping I have enough fabric to piece together a backing for my IQ quilt then taking it off to the LAQr.

Have a great day.

Beakkmom
January 7th, 2012, 10:55 AM
Good Moring Quilty Sisters ~ We are having the mildest Iowa winter I can remember, the last few days have been jacket weather! The last two winters held so many blizzards with sub-zero temps, blowing snow, and ice storms..... Today I will be outside for a while and then I will get to sewwwwwww!

KQ - good to hear that baby slept all night!

Blessings,

Lin

Sandy Navas
January 7th, 2012, 10:56 AM
Just popping in to say hello to everyone! Hope your day is filled with sunshine and happiness. I'm going to be hand-stitching the rest of the binding on DGD#3's UGLY cat quilt . . . I promise pictures later, okay! And I will grab my ankles and await the whippings.

Lola2Ace
January 7th, 2012, 11:04 AM
Good morning ladies! Up early, but not quite 'at it'. I;ve been going through newpapers that I hadn't read yet and bagging them to go to recycling. I've been working steadily on Ace's quilt and have the binding about 1/2 stitched on. I've been loving sitting and handstitching it. Off now to hit the shower and head to town, heard rumors of a LQS that is having a sale and today is the last day. Wishing everybody a great day!

Mrs.Sew&Sew
January 7th, 2012, 12:42 PM
Ha Ha Ha Blondie! You always make my day!!! But after yesterday I really needed a good laugh! My cat of 13 years died yesterday. She was an out door cat so not as close to me as my other one but still..... I will miss the old girl!

Hope you all have great sewing adventures today!

MRoy
January 7th, 2012, 12:51 PM
Enjoy the warm weather girls. The KY forecast says it's going far away by mid-week. It felt strange to be outside early this morning taking down Christmas decorations in just a long sleeve shirt.

Michelle, I'm sorry to hear about your pet.

I hope everyone has a great day!

meemeecyn
January 7th, 2012, 01:09 PM
Good morning, Quilty Friends! The sun is out this morning so it is supposed to get 'warm'. It is still unbelievable NH has no snow. That is unthinkable for this time of year.

Thank you for the chuckle, Blondie! They are so appreciated! (and true!!!!)

Sorry to hear about your kitty cat, Michelle. They do become members of the family, don't they.

Have a restful weekend and hope everyone has some time to sew or something equally as recharging.
Cynthia

cyndiofthevortex
January 7th, 2012, 01:13 PM
Hi everyone!

Myrna, I am so glad to hear that you're just now taking down your Christmas decorations. I feel ashamed that mine are still up! I am going to take them down this weekend! I am! Even though I'd rather be outside in this balmy mid-40s weather. Whatever is up with this winter, I love it!

Jonas and I are going to Marden's today and I know there will be fabric there that I want. My resolution not to buy fabric this year that I don't need does not include the occasional yard here and there, though I really don't have room for it.

Sandy, I hope that ugly cat quilt isn't filled with my cat fabrics! I will feel responsible if it is.

So, Christmas stuff put away and more work on the polka dot swap blocks. If you're doing the swap do not wait for the last minute! I'm spending a lot of time on them. Thirty blocks! Yikes! Good thing I LOVE the red-orange I picked to make them.

A good day to you all!

Cyndi

BellasQuilts
January 7th, 2012, 01:18 PM
Good morning all! Glad to have Blondie back starting our day. Michelle, hugs to you!

Today I am going to help DD#1 clean up her sewing room. It looks like a tornado hit it. I bought 12 plastic bins and we are going to sort and label today. Ballet costumes require lots of material so we are going to get her organized for the next round of shows. I am looking forward to spending time with her. It's been months since we have done anything together due to her show tours for the holidays, so I am gonna be one happy mama today. Plus anything fabric-related I love these days.

Hugs to all. Off to gather up brooms, mops, power drills, etc. to take with me! I hope you all have a stellar day!
Megan

oldgurl4
January 7th, 2012, 03:03 PM
Good Afternoon Everyone...
I woke up LATE!...

Anyhow... just passing by to see what's Up and catch up before I continue the Swap Blocks.

Well I see everyone is well BEHAVED. LOL

Have a FABULOUS Saturday... Stay Safe.

~Michelle~ Sorry bout Kitty.

mamaquilt
January 7th, 2012, 03:43 PM
Good Saturday morning.

I am in Kingston this morning. Waiting for the baby to wake up. The gang has left for the hall as today is the big Bridal Show. I finished sewing the binding on last night at midnight. Tired this morning. Does it ever look nice. Let's hope we raise lots of money for Breast Cancer.

So no sewing for this chick today, but I did get to Fabricland and buy Christmas fabric at 60% off.

Off I go. See you later.

Hi Monique, sometimes I wish I'd live in Canada and get your chances of stores. 60% is a lot to get that off on Christmas fabrics. Here in Luxembourg we're lucky to get 20% off. And then still you have to bargain, because some of the fabrics don't look Christmassy enough.
Well quilting and patchworking is still not that "in" here in Luxembourg. Not many crafts are actually. They are considered "low class".
Most of the young ones work all day and in the evening they go "out".
Hope when they're older they'll calm down.

ChristineB
January 7th, 2012, 04:23 PM
Good afternoon Everyone! My DH & I went out early to the Apple store to get some lessons on our Christmas presents (his a MAC Laptop & mine an iPad). Now we're thinking of going outside on this balmy 0 degree January afternoon to take down the Christmas lights; OR maybe we won't since it appears to be nap time as I look over to the couch! Anyway, hope to get my Christmas tree & decorations put away this afternoon so I can continue to work on my polka dot block swap this evening!
Wishing everybody a great afternoon & weekend.
P.S. sorry to hear about your cat Michelle - I've experienced that pain before & it's hard!

quiltingtrish
January 7th, 2012, 04:28 PM
hello everyone~~~

Just a drive by here cause I have a whole sofa filled with Christmas decorations that need put away today. It was a busy morning - wrote and mailed the bills, trash out for the week, load of towels hanging on the line, post office and food store run, and kitty sitting here on my lap with her paws on top of my hands ---- guess she is trying to tell me that she needs a lovin'.
I'm so sorry to hear about your kitty Michelle. Even outdoor kitties give us their lovins and she knew where to come to get hers.

The weather is gorgeous here. Even ran down and washed my car. It is to get cold next week, but hey, if it wants to wait until the middle of January to do that, I'm happy!!

Well, best get moving here. The sofa is waiting. It will take time to put the Christmas stuff away cause I have a few bins filled with Christmasy things and all those are going to be gone through with me deciding what to keep and what to get rid of. Oh, now kitties head is on my hand too. She is so funny. And now, she must know I just typed that cause she is straining her neck to look back and stare at me. Guess I better give her a lovin' before I do anything else.

Hope you all have a great day! I hope to be back later.
Hugs,

twnkeyes
January 7th, 2012, 06:50 PM
Hi y'all! GO TEXANS! It's a commercial break so catching up. I'm the football fanatic in the family and I'm thrilled that the Texan's have finally made it into the playoff's! Anyway, I've made a lot of progress on my daughter's birthday quilt this morning. I didn't particularly like the fabrics she & I picked out at first but as it's coming together I realize it's going to be beautiful!!! We make a pretty good team. I'll post pictures when I'm done. Gotta go, commercial's over. Have a great evening!

MaryB
January 7th, 2012, 07:13 PM
Hello everyone. Drizzling on the Snowy Mountains this morning - a lovely cool day, so look out sewing room, here I come.

Blondie
January 7th, 2012, 07:42 PM
Hi Ladies
Michelle, so sorry to read of your special furry friend. Each one is so special to us. I know that the Lord blessed you both with each other. Big hugs!
Twnkeyes - just walked in the door with hubs watching the game - good for you. I have no dog in this hunt, (hubs is the Packer fanatic). I LOVE football and really don't care who is playing - and actually prefer college ball over pro - but football is my favorite sport. My Daddy passed that on to me as a young girl. I was his rooting buddy, lol. He used to say he wished I was a boy because I knew how to throw and tackle. Betcha I could still tackle if I needed to. Years behind the chair have taught me to try not to throw anything, hehe. I am not into pain.
Michele - many here in the states look down on handiwork/crafting as well. What a shame. I was raised to make do and it is most certainly a way of life for me. I love the challenge of re purposing and creating something that no one else has that is "cookie cutter" assembled. Even as a young teen I would sew my own clothes because I wanted to be different.
Mary! Darling girl, good to see you. I am sure you were on during my holiday absence. When I saw your birdy avatar a big smile came over my face. Hope you get some sewing in. Rainy days were made for sewing!
Everyone else, hope your evening goes well. I have some pots and pans that need to start shake rattle and rolling.
Blessings to everyone!

quiltingtrish
January 7th, 2012, 08:28 PM
"not too cold that the boogies freeze in your nose" or something like that.
Thanks for the chuckle Blondie. It feels good to laugh. :icon_rofl:

Hugs,