PDA

View Full Version : Tough Day

Star lover
March 14th, 2017, 09:37 PM
I had plans to sew today - never happened. One of those days. My father passed away a year ago. Today my mom tried to reach her twin brother. They both love in NC near each other. I live in Michigan. He frequently doesn't answer the phone. She went over to check and found him - dead. My moms emotions were pretty raw because of her husband and now her twin brother. She's handling it pretty good. Except she keeps saying "if only" she had been there, if only she tried to call, check sooner. The medical examiner thinks he might have been dead since Saturday night or Sunday. My mom will find out tomorrow if there will have to be an autopsy. If anyone would like to pray for her, I (and she) would really appreciate it. Her name is Louise. My mom and I are both Christians so she would covet any prayers. She is also responsible for handling all his affairs, which is a tough job. Thank you!

Cokie
March 14th, 2017, 09:47 PM
How sad for your family! Keeping your mom and you in prayer. I'm very sorry for your loss.

CraftyJnet
March 14th, 2017, 10:24 PM
Prayers for you and your mom.

MRoy
March 14th, 2017, 10:26 PM
I'm very sorry for your mom's and your loss. Losing a sibling is hard, but losing a twin is like losing a part of yourself. My husband's twin brother passed away suddenly in 2008. They had that special twin bond and it was a very difficult time for my husband. Praying for comfort and peace for both of you.

JCY
March 14th, 2017, 10:33 PM
Sorry for your loss. I'll be praying for you & your family. May God comfort you during this time.

Ginny B
March 14th, 2017, 10:50 PM
Oh so sorry. Will be keeping you, your mom and the rest of your family in my thoughts and prayers.

Sharyn J
March 14th, 2017, 11:27 PM
I'm so sorry for your loss and will keep your family in my prayers.

Simply Quilting
March 14th, 2017, 11:36 PM
S sorry for your loss. Prayers

quiltsRfun
March 14th, 2017, 11:56 PM
Sorry for your losses. My dad's funeral was a year ago today.

laura44
March 15th, 2017, 12:14 AM
I'm so sorry, prayers for you and your mom.

GrammaBabs
March 15th, 2017, 12:32 AM
What a hard thing to have happen for your Mom.... Prayers for you and all your family! GB

jjkaiser
March 15th, 2017, 01:04 AM
Oh I am so sorry for your Mom, what a heartbreaker. Sometimes bad stuff just happens but the guilt over what you could have, should have, might have done differently just eats at you. Even if in the back of your mind you know you shouldn't blame yourself you can't help it. This must be awfully hard on you too. I wish you the strength to get through it. We are all here for you.

stationarymom
March 15th, 2017, 01:07 AM
I am so sorry for your loss and your Mom's loss of her twin.I will keep you both in my prayers.

Judy, USMC
March 15th, 2017, 01:12 AM
Adding my prayers to the others. My heart goes out to your mother and the sadness she must feel.

Hulamoon
March 15th, 2017, 01:14 AM
Oh how sad. My mom was found by her brother and sister when she wasn't answering the phone. I was so sad because I was so far away,

I will keep you and mom in my thoughts.

Bubby
March 15th, 2017, 07:20 AM
This is so sad, especially for your Mom. I will keep you both in prayer.

sew-what2015
March 15th, 2017, 07:56 AM
I am so sorry for your mom's and your loss. Prayers being said.

GaGa
March 15th, 2017, 08:10 AM
Will keep you both in my prayers.

seaturtle
March 15th, 2017, 09:18 AM
So sorry to hear of your (and your mom's) loss. Will certainly keep her in my prayers.

shermur
March 15th, 2017, 09:42 AM
May God comfort; you and family are in thoughts and prayers.

amartin24
March 15th, 2017, 09:56 AM
So sorry for your loss. Feel bad for your Mom. Prayers lifted.

Navy Wife
March 15th, 2017, 10:10 AM
My prayers are with all your family. My mom was a twin, and lost her brother. She said it was like losing an arm, even though they lived 700 miles apart.

Star lover
March 15th, 2017, 11:14 AM
Sorry for your losses. My dad's funeral was a year ago today.

It gets easier as time goes by - but you never get over someone whom you've loved so much. I know something of what you're going through, as my dad a year ago too. My thoughts and prayers are with you too.

Carlie Wolf
March 15th, 2017, 12:07 PM
I'm so sorry to hear this. You and your family are in my prayers.

WendyI
March 15th, 2017, 01:09 PM
so very sorry for your mom's loss.

alliek
March 15th, 2017, 02:14 PM
Keeping your mom in prayer. What a sad day to find her brother passed. Peace of heart and mind to all. God Bless

Monique
March 15th, 2017, 07:57 PM
How terribly sad. I shall add my prayers to you all. So sorry for your loss.

SallyO'Sews
March 16th, 2017, 12:41 AM
I'm so sorry for your loss, and am praying for both you and Louise. May the Lord wrap you both in His loving embrace, and may you and she be acutely aware of His presence as you go forward. Love, hugs, and blessings to you,
~ Sally \0/

toggpine
March 16th, 2017, 03:07 AM
I'm crap at knowing what to say in these situations. So I'll add my condolences to the rest, and pray for comfort and peace for you and your family.

Star lover
March 16th, 2017, 07:02 AM
I'm crap at knowing what to say in these situations. So I'll add my condolences to the rest, and pray for comfort and peace for you and your family.

Your words are wonderful, don't doubt yourself. Your heart shines through. Thank you.

Star lover
March 16th, 2017, 07:05 AM
Words can't express my gratitude for all your kind and comforting words. Oh, they mean so much to me and my family. I was waiting to update when I had something to update with. So far my mom hasn't gotten word of anything. She's been told nothing, so we wait. We're hopeful today we'll learn more and go from there. Again thank you; you are such treasures and the world needs more people like you! You're the best!