PDA

View Full Version : Tuesday hellos!!!

Monique
March 14th, 2017, 07:17 AM
Good morning. Not much to report today. Had battery troubles on the van yesterday. I had to get a boost in the morning and I had to get a boost at night. It is a good thing I know people in that area. A very nice gentleman came to my rescue.

Les is going to talk to our mechanic this morning and get a battery installed before I go to work.

I got some quilting done at work and will continue to work on this. It is a half hexie flower garden from one of Jenny's tutorials.

Have a great day everyone. I think the snow is starting today. It is not quite as cold as yesterday that is for sure.

Star lover
March 14th, 2017, 07:38 AM
Still cold today and snowed some yesterday. Almost everyone has their power back. I heard this am that there are less than 10,000 without power. All are suppose to be back by tonight. So sorry for all those with the huge snowfalls! Guess winter still has its grip on many today. Didn't get much sewing in yesterday. One of those days. You try and then .... Stuff happens.
Thankful Bubba's husband came through surgery just fine. Now comes the long road of healing and adjusting. I'll continue to pray.
Hope all is well in your neck of the world. Stay warm and safe. Have a blessed day!

TMP
March 14th, 2017, 07:54 AM
Good Morning Everyone,

Its cold here and we have no snow, but we do have rain and the heat is on. I hope all of you in the blizzard area have power and plenty of warm quilts. Please stay inside if you can.

DH says he is bored and has plans to get our 4yr old GS this morning. Those two are so close. Warms my heart to see him jump up and down when he sees his grandfather and DH beams all over.

Stay warm and hope you all have an great day.

Bubba, I am so thankful your husband is ok after his surgery. Take care of yourself now. He will need you when he goes home.

Bubby
March 14th, 2017, 08:39 AM
Good Morning....Our snow from yesterday melted and froze last night, so today we have ice and black ice. The northeast part of the country is really getting slammed. My prayers go out to everyone.

I just read that Bubba's DH came through his surgery and is doing well. This is great news. I hope his recovery goes well and without complications.

Wishing everyone a wonderful day.

Iris Girl
March 14th, 2017, 09:07 AM
It is snowing! and blowing hard to tell how much we got so far because of the blowing but looks like 6 to 8 inches so far. My boss called about 2 hours after I got home yesterday to tell me the store would be closed today. I need to make a plastic bag keeper/dispenser. Got all the blocks got out for the turtle quilt. Not sure what the day will bring. Hoping the power will stay on. We do have stove top meals planned for next 3 days in case power goes out, we can still cook.
Happy Pats hubby came through surgery well. Have a great day all.

Ginny B
March 14th, 2017, 09:21 AM
Good morning all. We are getting a lot less snow here than predicted. We got a few inches overnight but now we are being hit with the wintry mix. Sleet and frozen rain . Yuck. But we are closed so even if we don't have over a foot of snow, I get to stay home and sew. :)

Be careful and stay safe and warm all those that are dealing with the nasty storm.

Mimi_Howard
March 14th, 2017, 09:34 AM
Yesterday morning I placed order with MSQC to left my spirits before my dental appt. I survived the 3-1/2 hour dental appt. and decided I deserved a instant reward... stopped by Joann's on way home. Sitting here drinking coffee and trying to decide whether I go to work today. I do have work laptop home with me so I can always just log in. Put it next to sewing machine and work from there (wink wink). Decisions decisions. Pretty new fabric is calling me right now from the sewing room.

Hope all in the wrath of the cold path stay warm and safe!

Cathy F
March 14th, 2017, 09:44 AM
Morning all,
Like Ginny we got most of the snow during the night and now we have rain and sleet. I imagine if the temps drop tonight there will be icy conditions for the morning commuters. I love being retired at times like this! I remember having to get to work in some real slippery conditions and glad those days are over.

Hope all are staying warm and safe.

songbird857
March 14th, 2017, 09:50 AM
Morning all :)
We have a blizzard warning here, and we should be getting anywhere between 13 and 21 inches of snow. Basically, the state is advising no travel, although they have not issued a travel ban (I've only seen that once in the past 5 years).

So, today, I will be putting together some fabric dollhouses (thanks Jean ;))... I also will be preparing to make Tiramisu for my DD's birthday tomorrow. I found a dairy free version that looks just yummy!

Pat, I'm so glad that MM came through surgery fine - praying for speedy recovery for him, and sanity for you :icon_kiss:

I hope everyone has a great day. If you're in the path of the fun weather, stay safe.

RockinLou
March 14th, 2017, 10:08 AM
Hello! It's evening here, we've had snow and wintry mix all
Day, which normally doesn't bother me but I had to drive today. DS has a hacking cough, I took him to the doctor and they flipped through his chart and realized we had the same issue 3 years in a row...so we are going to try a nasal spray for allergies, with a cough suppressant for a few days to keep him more comfortable. I think it makes sense, and I'm glad they took the time to consider possibilities. The traffic was brutal but we did manage to have a nice lunch and some coffee together (okay, he had a strawberry smoothie !)

DD turned 8 in January and she cracks me up. I'm just really enjoying these little people. We are all looking forward to a family vacation next week too!!

I'm so glad the school musical is behind us, my life has become much more relaxed in the past few weeks and I'm enjoying at least 30 minutes or so in the sewing room everyday.

Bubby
March 14th, 2017, 10:14 AM
Cathy and Norma and everyone in the northeast, thank you for checking in. Norma, wow, up to 21 inches of snow!! Cathy I have my eye on the weather radar where you are. It's a good thing you can stay home. You, too, Ginny and April.

sew-what2015
March 14th, 2017, 10:29 AM
We've had snow and freezing rain and then rain but not a lot. The big item was the wind. Most people had minor damage but some weren't so lucky. The morning commute yesterday was a nightmare because of street debris and broken traffic lights. Not so bad this morning but still need extra caution. Crews are working to get things up and running but it will take a few days.
I have been so lazy ...not doing much sewing or anything else for that matter. I feel like there is something not quite right with my system but I don't have a cold and I am eating well.
Hope everyone has a nice day. Stay safe.

seaturtle
March 14th, 2017, 11:24 AM
Good morning, everyone,

Haven't been on much lately. We spent a week updating the master bath - fresh paint, fixtures, new toilet, etc. Finally finished up yesterday with new rugs. Haven't been in the sewing room at all last couple of weeks, so hopefully I can get back to it soon. We have the youngest GS this week as DD is out of town on business, so I'm not sure how much time I'll have to sew.

It's very cold here, but we only have rain. Thankful to live in the south where not much of the white stuff shows up. Hoping those in the north can stay home and out of the weather.

Today's our youngest son's 18th birthday. Our oldest son is 38 - I've been an active duty parent for almost 40 years! So I'm a little emotional about this birthday. We have been busy looking at colleges and the thought that we're almost done with this stage of our lives is a little overwhelming. So for today, I think I'll just focus on the celebration. I'm trying to absorb every minute of this time before it passes. I'm going to attempt his favorite cake - red velvet with cream cheese icing!

Have a great day, everyone!

Star lover
March 14th, 2017, 11:33 AM
I'm going to attempt his favorite cake - red velvet with cream cheese icing!!

I'm a fruit person but ooooo, red velvet cake! Super yummy. Love it, got me thinkin about it now.

Carlie Wolf
March 14th, 2017, 11:35 AM
Just starting to snow here now very lightly. I just don't feel that we will be getting the 8-12 inches they are predicting. I did prepare yesterday, filled the washing machine and put drinking water up just in case we do lose power. Also did any shopping that needed to be done so I don't have to take my car out. I'm happy just as long as we don't get the three feet we got last year. They stopped plowing during that storm and cleaned the streets when it was over. The snow was up to the hood on my car. No one was going anywhere. I did cover my rose bush and a few of the plants again but with the cold snap we've had and now if we get the heavy snow I'm thinking that might be a losing battle :-( I just hope it doesn't kill my beloved rose bush.