PDA

View Full Version : Job

phoots
January 7th, 2012, 04:05 AM
Hello everyone. I wish I could be happier but I found out today that my temporary job will be ending on Tuesday. I promised myself that I wouldn't cry and I did fine until I went back to working and had a chance to think about how hard it will be to say goodbye to the girls I'm working with. Then, just before leaving for the day, my supervisor called me in to talk. She wanted to let me know that whenever something comes up that they need a temp, they will call and ask for me. She really loves the job I've been doing for her but they just don't have the money in the budget to keep me any longer. Then I really started crying. OMG, I'm gonna be a mess on Tuesday!

Soon-to-be Jobless Pam in Vegas.

bakermom
January 7th, 2012, 04:26 AM
Aw, sorry Pam. I hope they need you again soon.

mamaquilt
January 7th, 2012, 06:33 AM
I feel so sorry for you but I keep my fingers crossed that you'll find something else pretty soon.

Blondie
January 7th, 2012, 07:57 AM
Good Morning Pam
I am still keeping you in my prayers - something will show up - you have such a good attitude - it's okay to cry - here's my shoulder.

Sandy Navas
January 7th, 2012, 10:27 AM
Oh, Pam! Sending hugs and a box of tissues. Keep that chin up, Girl! Something will turn up soon.

Loonwatcher
January 7th, 2012, 10:31 AM
{{{{Pam}}}. Sounds like you are a perfect catch. Something will turn up. Praying for you.

Beakkmom
January 7th, 2012, 10:50 AM
Pam, your great attitude and good work speak volumes. Hang in there sister, we're all pulling for you, and more imporantly, praying for you!

Lin

sewmuchjan
January 7th, 2012, 03:48 PM
Ditto with all the gals, something will turn up.

Hugs (((((HUGS)))))
Jan G

HandsOffItsMine
January 7th, 2012, 03:59 PM
Dear Pam, I'm with Blondie, here's my shoulder too.

Be sure to ask your supervisor for a Letter of Reference, you can then add a copy to your Temp Agency file and keep a copy for your future applications.

Keep you in my prayers, love Ruby

ChristineB
January 7th, 2012, 04:08 PM
Oh no! Sorry to hear that bad news. Don't worry, something will come up. Keep your head high and get back out there to look

quiltingtrish
January 7th, 2012, 04:08 PM
Oh Pam - I'm sorry to hear that. Ruby beat me to it, I was going to tell you the same thing about the letter of reference.
Prayers coming for a new job soon.

Hugs,

Bubby
January 7th, 2012, 04:44 PM
So sorry Pam....something even better will open up for you. We're rooting for you!!!! Barb

phoots
January 8th, 2012, 03:18 AM
Thank you all so much! Tuesday will be a difficult day for me...I'm sure there will be a lot of tears at the end of the day. But, I'm keeping my head up, after crying on your shoulders, and I'll find something else. Also, this will give me time to get enrolled for school. I love you all!
Pam in Vegas

Blondie
January 8th, 2012, 09:28 AM
School sounds like a wonderful plan.

Genny
January 9th, 2012, 03:49 AM
I am so sorry for you Pam. Its tough being without a job, I know, I've been there. You WILL find another job and it'll be even better then the last one.

janluna
January 9th, 2012, 04:41 AM
I think Blondie is right, school is a wonderful idea. It will keep you busy and you can take things that will make your skill even better than they already are. With your work ethic you will go far. This is just a temporary set back. Prayers are going up for you. Hugs, Jan L.

Nena
January 9th, 2012, 09:31 PM
Oh Pam-----I am so sorry that this is happening to you.Very upsetting. I will continue to pray for you about this. Stay stronge--something will come up for you

sunnyQLDmum
January 9th, 2012, 09:52 PM
Maybe your supervisor might be able to recommend you to other businesses. In my experience, once you have a foot in the door and have built some working relationships it's easier to find a position in the same or similar field. I worked for 10 years in retail, eventually working my way up to Store Manager when I was only 22 and Assistant to the CEO when I was 24. I started at the bottom straight out of high school and built relationships, worked my butt off and climbed the ladder. Now that I am at home with my DS I get phone calls from a lot of big business in the area wanting to know if I am interested in what they have to offer. The more people you impress in your field, the higher on the ladder you can climb. Good Luck, be brave and don't be shy to ask if they know of anywhere else that might need you.

Monique
January 9th, 2012, 10:25 PM
Pam sorry to hear about your job being terminated. Hopefully something will come along. Good luck in school.