PDA

View Full Version : My machines are lonely

KarenC
March 13th, 2017, 10:19 PM
I finally got back to my sewing machine yesterday for the first time this year. Holidays, moving, etc, were higher priorities. Finally put the old house on the market today. Realtor expects it to be sold by the weekend. That's exciting, but scary also. I already miss it, but it was my choice to move. There are not many homes on the market here, so I do think it will go fast. I just hope I get a good price for it.

In between this, DD tells me she's pregnant! This will be the first grandchild on both sides of the family. The baby is due on my birthday in August. Everyone is very excited about this. I had decided to retire in June, so this is one more reason that the retirement decision is right.

Although I haven't been posting much lately, I have seen some beautiful quilts posted here. I am jealous of those of you who have been so busy quilting. I can't wait to get my mojo back soon and get back to sewing and quilting.

grammaterry
March 14th, 2017, 12:03 AM
Congratulations on the baby and the house. New beginning s

stationarymom
March 14th, 2017, 01:26 AM
Congratulations on the baby news! I bet your machines won't be lonely for long now.

Bouse
March 14th, 2017, 06:44 AM
Baby news is the best reason to get back in the sewing room. Congratulations.

RockinLou
March 14th, 2017, 02:18 PM
Baby news is the best reason to get back in the sewing room. Congratulations.

I agree!! Congratulations!!

Bubby
March 14th, 2017, 02:47 PM
Good luck on the sale of your house and congratulations on the baby news! Baby quilts are such fun to make!

lots2do
March 14th, 2017, 10:54 PM
Oh congratulations! And good luck with both the retiring and the sale of your house.

WendyI
March 15th, 2017, 01:12 PM
How exciting for you!! Imagine the quilts you can make! xo