PDA

View Full Version : Where Is Spring

Tina W
March 13th, 2017, 06:26 AM
Good morning all. Could not sleep this morning so I got up made myself a cup of coffee. Now I am sitting here just thinking of things I should do and get before the so called blizzard hits in Connecticut. I think l have to go to the store to get milk, bread and oh yes wine lots and lots of wine. I will need a few glasses before I can muster the courage to go outside and shovel. Everyone have a great day and be safe out there.:icon_wave:

Iris Girl
March 13th, 2017, 06:51 AM
Spring really fooled us this year. Gave us a teaser I seen flowers up and blooming and now a slap in the face. Here in the lower Hudson Valley of NY we are expected to get 12 to 18 inches with 20 in the higher elevation :( it will be windy and cold also. Milk will be gotten on the way home from work today. Doubt I will be going anywhere tomorrow, hoping the power stays on.Weds is my day off so does not matter the weather then. I don'y have to shovel as hubby gets the snowblower going.

MHG Winnower
March 13th, 2017, 06:54 AM
Be safe! In our area of PA we anticipate 10-12" . Really not bad considering what folks in New York and New England areas may have to deal with. I am very concerned about the orchard growers; with the warmth and now this, it doesn't bode well for their crops.

Star lover
March 13th, 2017, 07:27 AM
So sad for those of you getting the big inches of the dratted white stuff! I've had enough of winter.....but she (mmmm, he) lives on. About 62,000 still without power here. Been so cold too. Suppose to get 4" white stuff today and then some more tomorrow. So ready for spring! Got the fabric I was waiting for to work on a new quilt. Will work on test pieces and then decide the next step. Praying for y'all in the path of the big one. Also praying for Bubba's husband and for her too! So many needing prayer. But it's a privilege to do so. Hope y'all have a safe and good day.

Monique
March 13th, 2017, 07:40 AM
It seems winter isn't done with us yet. We are supposed to get snow tomorrow sometime, not sure how much is expected here.

Jean Sewing Machine
March 13th, 2017, 07:58 AM
No spring in St. Louis, Mo!

Bubby
March 13th, 2017, 08:00 AM
Jean, we got snow last night, too. Probably 2-3 inches. No Spring Here!

BethB
March 13th, 2017, 08:28 AM
No spring here in the lower Susquehanna Valley of PA. Our forecast is 18+ inches of snow. My daffodils and crocus have bloomed because of the warm temps and are now drooping on the ground because of the cold temps. Only time will tell what we actually get from this storm though.

shirleyknot
March 13th, 2017, 10:48 AM
Spring made an appearance here, prettied up the place, then left on vacation. I'm sure she will be back in a couple of weeks........:(

Vonnie
March 13th, 2017, 12:38 PM
Hmm, isn't it suppose to be Spring Break this week? Some Break!

JCY
March 13th, 2017, 07:37 PM
We had 60 deg. & sunshine today. It may be in the 70's later in the week. I've been watching the forecast for the east coast. My son & DIL work in the D.C. & Baltimore areas. Snow totals there will be less, but it still will mess up the commute. My son can work from home, but not sure about my DIL. She just started a new job 2 wks. ago. I hope everyone stays safe & warm.

jjkaiser
March 13th, 2017, 07:54 PM
We got 8.9 inches in southeast Wisconsin and it's still snowing like crazy and the winds are picking up. Roads are still pretty messy so I am glad I am in for the night. Drifting in the morning will probably be bad. Hurry up spring!

Anna Leigh
March 13th, 2017, 10:00 PM
They say we are supposed to get up to 10" here. I'll believe it when I see it. Our kids got sent home with extra homework just in case there is no school tomorrow. The school also said that...no wait, they just called off school. We've got happy kiddos here! You know, I was wondering when winter was going to show up. Guess better late than never. Oh, I love what the autobody place puts a little country humor on their sign. Lately its been, "Today's Forecast Is?" Finding some humor is what makes the days, and seasons go by.

laura44
March 14th, 2017, 02:52 AM
So different here! Been walking everyday, starting to get a tan on my arms. In the 70's.

Judy, USMC
March 14th, 2017, 03:45 AM
Southeast is getting the winds and rain. Temps in the 50's daytime and upper 30's at night. On the coast we have 30-35 mph winds but they are stronger on the Outer Banks.

I grew up in Chicago and we had storms that dumped 18 inches in 18 hours. Shut down the city for a couple of days. No fun for adults but wonderful for the kids play time. Hope all stay safe and the electricity stays on!

Star lover
March 14th, 2017, 06:50 AM
So different here! Been walking everyday, starting to get a tan on my arms. In the 70's.

Oh man, you're breaking my heart! 70's!? We had that back in mid February. Now it's 18 ...... Come on spring - you can do it!

Bubby
March 14th, 2017, 08:42 AM
Spring isn't hiding in our corner of Missouri for sure.