PDA

View Full Version : set your clocks

LauraP
March 12th, 2017, 12:47 AM
don't forget it goes forward one hour in the spring

Jean Sewing Machine
March 12th, 2017, 12:50 AM
It is easier to spring forward than to fall back on my clocks.

Hulamoon
March 12th, 2017, 12:55 AM
Not for me!

Angelia
March 12th, 2017, 01:31 AM
Blech!!!!!!

Vonnie
March 12th, 2017, 06:49 AM
Not for me!

Let me guess, you don't have daylight savings time in Hawaii?!

Bubby
March 12th, 2017, 09:22 AM
Our were changed before we went to bed last night. The Girls refuse to participate in time changes.

Sandy Navas
March 12th, 2017, 09:43 AM
I am reminded of the old American Indian Chief who remarked, "Leave it to the government to tell us if we cut a foot off the top of our quilt and sew it to the bottom that it will be longer."

shirleyknot
March 12th, 2017, 10:30 AM
I always thought it was a pretty ignorant concept. Save energy? So you turn on the lights in the morning instead of in the evening. BIG saving there.

Hulamoon
March 12th, 2017, 10:40 AM
Let me guess, you don't have daylight savings time in Hawaii?!

It's because we live so close to the equator. There is not enough of a change month to month for any use of it.

I am reminded of the old American Indian Chief who remarked, "Leave it to the government to tell us if we cut a foot off the top of our quilt and sew it to the bottom that it will be longer."

lol

I always thought it was a pretty ignorant concept. Save energy? So you turn on the lights in the morning instead of in the evening. BIG saving there.

It thought it was started because of WW2 and it was up to all the states to keep it after the war ended.Hawaii had it during the war.

shirleyknot
March 12th, 2017, 11:11 AM
Yes, supposedly to save energy.....right!

And have you noticed that once a law is on the books, it takes an act of congress to remove it? Takes MUCH longer for that bunch to agree on anything than waiting for an act of God to fix it.

This is obsolete and outdated, but then, they can still hang horse thieves in several states too.

pjyoder414@yahoo.com
March 12th, 2017, 02:17 PM
Thank you, I was shocked at the time my computer was showing when I got up, lol

Star lover
March 12th, 2017, 03:16 PM
DST = Daylight Wasting Time!

Iris Girl
March 12th, 2017, 05:00 PM
I agree and wish they would do away with the whole time change thing. Just plain annoying. Sigh... we set our clocks before we go to bed so we wake up on new time and its not so bad. My internal clock was wanting me up at 3 anyway so time change fixes that, now I can get up at 4 as I am used to.

Cokie
March 13th, 2017, 12:06 AM
I really hate this time change. It will be dark when I go to work in the morning and it's hard enough to get up anyway! Today it seems like the day flew by. It's 11 pm and I still have things I wanted to get done because my mind and body say it's only 10! Always takes a few days to adjust. I'm with those who say let's do away with DST!