PDA

View Full Version : oh what a night!

bubba
March 11th, 2017, 04:32 AM
We had to go up to the doctor today to see the stoma nurse. She said we could ask anything we wanted.....didn't have answers for most of what I asked her! They marked him up for stoma placement Monday and showed us the bags and how they work.

Then we got to drive home! Since I had driven up there (I'm smart like that!), he got to drive home in rush hour from hell traffic. Took about 30 minutes to get there and almost two hours to get home!

Since tonight is his last meal to eat for a while, he wanted tacos. No sooner had we eaten and I put my foot up and the phone rang. Youngest grandgirl fell at a roller skating party and got hurt. Went and picked her up and MM and I both thought her wrist appeared to be broken, so off we go to the emergency room. Please note, her mother (who selfishly went to Mexico yesterday for a week, knowing her dad is have major surgery Monday) is now upset and worried and anything else. She has only facebook down there and quit responding to pm's so I guess she will find out in the morning it's only a bad sprain. My phone will be far away from my pillow, so I won't be hearing her trying to message me!

We are now making jello and preparing for MM's two day liquid diet. Sunday he has to drink four liters of some concoction that, well, you can imagine.......

If you need me, I'll be in my sewing studio!

Nidan_07
March 11th, 2017, 07:25 AM
You're doing a great job, Pat. Hats off to you!! I am not sure how well I would have coped with an evening like that. I am glad that DH got to eat his Tacos before the emergency room dash. I would be now hiding in the sewing room, too. Probably with huge amounts of chocolate or wine, or both.
All the very best to DH for the upcoming surgery. I shall be thinking of you both.

Monique
March 11th, 2017, 08:22 AM
You are woman and you are strong. Oh what a night indeed.

Sandy Navas
March 11th, 2017, 10:03 AM
Sending lots of cyber-support, comforting thoughts, and a whole lot of intestinal fortitude because of all the "S" you are dealing with. Oh, and I didn't know they made chocolate wine, but apparently they have it in Australia. Something to check out. You and Mr. MM are in my thoughts and prayers a whole lot, Mrs. CC.

Suzette
March 11th, 2017, 10:10 AM
Hugs to you!!

Just FYI, there is a chocolate wine called ChocoVine. It is delicious! I can buy it in the wine section at Publix.

KarenC
March 11th, 2017, 10:20 AM
Really, what a night. You are a fearless and strong woman. Your love and care for MM is so evident, keep strong, praying for great results this week. Glad the GD is ok.

seaturtle
March 11th, 2017, 11:02 AM
Pat, what an adventure you're having. Prayers, hugs, and best wishes are coming your way. Hope you and MM have a more restful day today and that GD's wrist is feeling better.

KPH
March 11th, 2017, 11:10 AM
Wishing you a calm weekend! Hope everything works out! Lifting prayers for healing on all fronts!

asta
March 11th, 2017, 11:15 AM
Pat, will be keeping you and MM in my thoughts and prayers.

JaniceR
March 11th, 2017, 12:25 PM
Pat, you and MM have been in my thoughts and prayers and will continue to be. That was quite a night it but so glad your granddaughter only has a sprain and nothing broken!

You really are a strong woman and MM will be in great hands for his recovery! Prayers continuing for you both!

Granny Fran
March 11th, 2017, 12:41 PM
You can do it!! Healing thoughts to you both.

songbird857
March 11th, 2017, 12:41 PM
Oh Pat... praying for all you and MM are going through right now (and sanity through it all ;))
Hugs...

jjkaiser
March 11th, 2017, 02:02 PM
Wow! That's a lot of stuff going on. At least you will never be complaining about how boring your life is! Glad no broken bones were involved. Tell your dh we will all be thinking of him and you on Monday!

toggpine
March 11th, 2017, 02:52 PM
Pat, let me know if you need anything.

csarina
March 11th, 2017, 03:31 PM
((((((((((( hugs ))))))))))))

bubba
March 11th, 2017, 04:21 PM
Thanks to all of you. We are up and moving around and heading out soon to run some errand....after he finishes his breakfast of broth :D He is not a happy man and this is not even 12 hours into it yet! Tomorrow will be worse once he starts drinking the magic potion.

Kgrammiecaz
March 11th, 2017, 04:33 PM
So sorry all this is going on. And my true sympathies to your husband. Liquid diet and magic liquid, ugh. Prayers to you all for this all to go by quickly and without mor incidents. You are an angel way before your time.

Mary Lynn
March 11th, 2017, 08:27 PM
Prayers & good thoughts to you both.

Anna Leigh
March 12th, 2017, 12:29 AM
Hope things will iron themselves out. Best to your husband and granddaughter. Hugs and prayers all around.

stationarymom
March 12th, 2017, 01:07 AM
Pat I hope your weekend calms down some,but I know you will tackle anything that comes your way((hugs)).I was on a liquid diet for 6 months once and managed MM will hang in there.You will be in my prayers MM also.

Star lover
March 12th, 2017, 08:10 AM
Thankful all's well. Praying for you and your husband, for tomorrow especially and the days to follow.

pcbatiks
March 12th, 2017, 12:52 PM
Prayers that everything will go well with MM's surgery this week. Glad your DGD is okay. Hugs to you.

pjyoder414@yahoo.com
March 12th, 2017, 01:51 PM
Wow what a heck of a day you had.

So glad to hear your granddaughter didn't have a break. I love taco's, actualloy any mexican food. Glad your DH was able to have his tacos.

My prayers will be for him and you.

PS: Glad you put your phone up for the night. I can't believer your daughter left knowing her dad is going to have surgery. Actually I can believe it I have 4 girls and I'm sure that my oldest would do have done the same thing. Hope you gave her a piece of your mind.

bubba
March 12th, 2017, 05:32 PM
PS: Glad you put your phone up for the night. I can't believer your daughter left knowing her dad is going to have surgery. Actually I can believe it I have 4 girls and I'm sure that my oldest would do have done the same thing. Hope you gave her a piece of your mind.

Why yes, yes I did! Here is what she told me when I told her that I could not believe she was leaving the country when her dad is having major surgery......'Well, I've known for a year I was going and it would be for Chioni's (her friend) birthday. Dad said he was not going to have surgery anyway.' Yes I said, you said you were going, you never said when and your dad said that at the very beginning of everything when we didn't know what we know now. 'Well, Heather (her sister) was supposed to take care of him when you went on your retreat and she didn't (she called him on the phone several times, he was fine) so she can step up and go with you. I went to chemo with him.' Uh, you went to chemo with him once....and you'd better pray to God that the worse does not happen because if it does, you are going to have a long flight home and I won't be feeling sorry for you. There is no reason you can't change the time of your trip. 'Well, I told her that we would go for her birthday and it's the 13th. Why don't you change his surgery date?' At this point, I'm sure my eyes got a little buggy and I told her we were lucky to get the one we did, the next one was not till the end of April and we want this crap out of him as soon as possible. Pretty sure I hung up the phone then without telling her good bye.

This is the one who works for the airlines so I can't make her too mad because I'm not certain she would not remove me from flight benefits.

Star lover
March 12th, 2017, 05:44 PM
Why yes, yes I did! Here is what she told me when I told her that I could not believe she was leaving the country when her dad is having major surgery......'Well, I've known for a year I was going and it would be for Chioni's (her friend) birthday. Dad said he was not going to have surgery anyway.' Yes I said, you said you were going, you never said when and your dad said that at the very beginning of everything when we didn't know what we know now. 'Well, Heather (her sister) was supposed to take care of him when you went on your retreat and she didn't (she called him on the phone several times, he was fine) so she can step up and go with you. I went to chemo with him.' Uh, you went to chemo with him once....and you'd better pray to God that the worse does not happen because if it does, you are going to have a long flight home and I won't be feeling sorry for you. There is no reason you can't change the time of your trip. 'Well, I told her that we would go for her birthday and it's the 13th. Why don't you change his surgery date?' At this point, I'm sure my eyes got a little buggy and I told her we were lucky to get the one we did, the next one was not till the end of April and we want this crap out of him as soon as possible. Pretty sure I hung up the phone then without telling her good bye.

This is the one who works for the airlines so I can't make her too made because I'm not certain she would not remove me from flight benefits.

It's usually family that are the worst. Seems like it is so in mine - and probably others. It's a shame they never seem to wake up! So many of us here will be praying for you and your husband - CAUSE WE CARE! Guess I'll pray for your daughter too, she needs it!

Cokie
March 12th, 2017, 07:19 PM
I wish I lived closer to you - I'd take the day off and go with you tomorrow! My dh has had a lot of serious health issues and being a caregiver is hard. You need support too, and sometimes people don't realize that. I'm sorry your daughter doesn't understand that she should be there for both of you because that's what family does. I'll be in prayer for both of you. Sending a big hug along with the prayers!

Mary Lynn
March 12th, 2017, 07:36 PM
Don't dwell on your daughter's thoughtlessness. Your last post about karma shows what goes around, comes around. Concentrate on what's important, and come here to the forum, when you need support.