PDA

View Full Version : "From Jenny's Studio" - Did You Read It?

JCY
March 10th, 2017, 08:21 PM
Did you click on & read the new link for "From Jenny's Studio"? Her chosen word for the new year is "balance". I think maybe my word should be "patience". Since I'm the caregiver for DH, I sometimes get frustrated with various things related to his medical condition & how things are now. I pray for patience during the difficult times. We have to deal with life as it is -- not how it used to be -- not how we wish it could be. We make adjustments to the "new normal" & move on. No one promised us a bed of roses, but God gives us strength for each day. We can make it -- one day at a time!

What's your word?

Mimi_Howard
March 10th, 2017, 10:09 PM
You know that was the first thought I had too, being more patient. I am in my early 60's, working full time, living with elderly father and take care of him. He is for the most part self sufficient, but serious health issues (heart and insulin dependent, etc...) and dealing with his appts and his medical stuff - at times can be mentally draining. But on the other hand, I am blessed to still have in my life and he has a great sense of humor still.

When I am sewing he pops his head in the door... Whatcha building? and almost always followed up with "I just don't understand when you take the big pieces of fabric, cut it into small pieces and then put it all back together again!".. I am building a pattern dad! When I show him the finished product he praises me on my talent and the beauty of what I made.

Anna Leigh
March 10th, 2017, 10:45 PM
That is a tough one for me because I go by these words. Keep your faith up. Always havehope. Never stop believing. Patients is a virtue.

Jean Sewing Machine
March 10th, 2017, 11:59 PM
JCY, I marvel each day at your patience to meet your husband's medical and physical needs. You show great courage and love to care for him as you do each day.

I cared for my husband during his 22 month battle with brain cancer. It is NEVER off your shoulders. During this time of year especially, I think of Jesus carrying the cross. That burden of care for another makes the idea of carrying the cross so real to me. A friend also made me aware of the words from the Bible, " no greater love than giving up your life for a friend". That's what caretakers do, give up their life of freedom, choice of daily activities, feeding, cleaning, dealing with emotional issues, giving medical attention and just plain worry about the one you are caring for. It is not an easy road to walk! Hang in there, babe!

grammaterry
March 11th, 2017, 12:57 AM
Joy, I cannot imagine how your days must be. You have mastered patience. I am so blessed to have my health and DH . He is getting frailer but still working and fixing all the equipment. I worry but we are still so well compared to the other peers we have. I think my word is giving. I want to share my blessing and give back to those not as blessed as DH and I.

Connie Jo
March 11th, 2017, 09:41 AM
I too have been preying for patience. My dh has had health issues since August. It has been hard for everyone. I'll continue to pray for all. Hugs

Bubby
March 11th, 2017, 10:32 AM
I know how difficult caregiving can be. I was the sole caregiver for my late husband Michael while he battled lung/brain cancer for 3 1/2 years. There were good days and some not-so-good ones. I came to the end of myself often and the Lord would give me a boost of strength to keep me going. Caregiving is a huge responsibility that teaches you so much about faith, love and selflessness. My situation was complicated by me having to work full-time to support us. Looking back, that experience was as much for me as for Michael. It was the most difficult thing I've ever done but I would do it again for someone I love.

(((HUGS))) and prayers for you, Joyce.

Patience....one of my friends gave me a beautiful carving entitled Patience for my birthday this year.